|Location||Dollo Ado, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 8, 2019|
Water and Sanitation
Job Title: WASH-NFIs Officer (National Position)
Reporting to: WASH Project Coordinator
Job Based at: Dollo Ado with travel to the fields
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is present in five regions in Ethiopia, providing refugees and internally displaced people with emergency relief and help them to rebuild their lives. NRC works within the sectors of Education, Shelter, WASH, Livelihood and Food Security, ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), and Child Protection.
The purpose of the WASH – NFIs Distribution officer position is to provide administrative, clerical and technical support in the distribution of WASH materials, Shelter and NFIs.
· Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
· Assist a range of support with the implementation of the Shelter and NFI distribution portfolio according to an approved plan of action
· Implements independently procedures and activities relating to distribution of WASH, NFIs and Shelter materials as delegated
· Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
· Develop and maintain knowledge of the WASH, Shelter and NFIs area of work in which technical assistance and support is provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
· Use initiative in day to day problem-solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities, and standards for WASH, Shelter, and NFIs
· Prepare and develop project activity status reports as required by project management
· Ensure proper filing of documents
· Promote and share ideas for improvement in the area of WASH, Shelter & NFIs programming
· Lead and take part in field needs assessments focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities
· Undertake and facilitate field level coordination with community stakeholders for distribution of WASH, Shelter materials and NFIs.
· Lead and take part in the beneficiary selection and verification process in accordance with the agreed project selection criteria
· Preparation of distribution activity reports facilitating payments for casuals and volunteers.
· Recruit, train, organize and supervise casual workers, incentive workers and community mobilizers involved in distributions.
· In collaboration with the Project Manager / Coordinator/ Officer, prepare Procurement Requests for shelter and NFIs materials. Ensure that content specifications are precise and work with logistics to obtain samples as needed
· Responsible for ensuring that the safety of beneficiaries and workers is maintained throughout distributions and that proper measures are taken to ensure safety concerns are immediately rectified.
· Supervise activities at distribution sites in accordance with NRC’s Standard Operating Procedures while ensuring that proper documentation is verified and collected by distribution clerks and casuals.
· Organize and take part in field level M&E activities (data collection and verification) and develop success stories from project implementation. Track and record information related to following up carried out by distribution teams relating to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints as directed by Project Manager / Coordinator/Officer and M&E unit
· Supports PC/PDM in the development of contingency response plans for any unforeseen emergencies.
Perform any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Project coordinator and/or the Project Manager/Program Development Manager
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
· BA degree in social work, humanitarian assistance, project management, or related subject
· Basic experience in financial, asset and human resources management, budgeting and administration;
· Proven skills and exposure in supervising field/work teams
· Proven skills and exposure in monitoring and documenting humanitarian project implementation
· Experience in participating and leading activities at distribution sites
· Prior participation in conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Knowledge of water quality Test (and developing water quality formats, digitalizing data, and interpreting.
· Knowledge of the operating context in Somali region
· Experience in undertaking training of staff or target groups
· Experience in Emergency response and community mobilization
· Ability to use MS Office software is desirable
· Handling insecure environment
· Planning and delivering results
· Empowering and building trust
· Communicating with impact and respect
· A sense of humor
How to Apply
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by June 20, 2019, at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NRC offers an attractive salary and benefit with on-the-job training opportunities!”