|Date Posted||July 1, 2019|
Supply Chain and Distribution
Reporting to Filed Manager and technically to Supply Chain Manager, the Supply chain Assistant-Warehouse is responsible for ensuring the overall supply chain activities on asset management, vehicle operation management and warehouse management in Aletawendo. The supply chain assistant-Warehouse must be proactive in delivering the necessary tasks as required.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
· Maintain & update asset tracking at the satellite office.
· Ensure items stored in the warehouse as per IRC supply chain policy & procedures.
· Ensure materials are stored and arranged in an orderly manner in terms of grant, item category and similarity, ease of accessibility, and frequency of item’s movement with the objective of optimum utilization of storage space.
· Ensure all materials on the warehouse are placed in a clean and neat manner.
· Ensure all proper warehouse documentation is in place and Make sure the warehouse documents are secure at all times.
· Organizes and conducts monthly and annual inventory at the satellite office.
· Update stock records on the prolog software when there is any transaction.
· Ensuring the quantity and quality of materials during delivery and check with the raised PR’s and asking Confirmation for quality of coming materials from the requested department.
· Follow up the maintenance of equipment’s in the satellite office.
· Ensures the maintenance of office, furniture, and warehouse.
· Ensure deliveries of program and office supplies are in conformity to the quality and quantity of the purchase requests as per IRC supply chain policy and procedure.
· Supervise a team of Drivers at the satellite office.
· Ensure the timely vehicle arrangements in the satellite office.
· Maintain records of vehicle documents, inventory etc in a transparent and professional way.
· Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
· Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle related parts and consumables, including fuel.
· Verify and compile OT for staff under supervision.
· Ensure the proper documentation of the department at Jinka satellite office is full, up to date and consistent including documentation of vehicles, assets, equipment, and warehouse.
· Carry out any other duties as assigned by Filed Manager and Supply Chain Manager.
· Maintain full and accurate asset records.
· Maintain consistent arrangement for operation
· Maintain transparent warehouse transactions
· Maintain transparent & professional documentation
· Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Supply Chain manager / Filed Manager.
· Strong sense of personal integrity.
· Attention to detail.
· Strong supervisory skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to work independently & under pressure
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Knowledge of supply chain
· Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Management, Economics, business administration or related fields 3 years experience Diploma & 1-year experience for Degree
· NGO experience is advantageous
· Languages required:
· English is a must and knowledge of local language is advantage.
· Good report writing, communication and interpersonal skills
· Proven Basic Computer skills in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, access, etc. ) is a must
How to Apply
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC, P.O.BOX 1320, Hawassa and directly applying through the below links is also mandatory.
for External applicants
for Internal applicants
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.Are any of your relatives employed by the International Rescue Committee (IRC)?
NAME Relationship Position Office/field office
Recruiter of the position Hawassa HR/Admin
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.