|Date Posted||July 1, 2019|
Accounting and Finance
methi chicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
The Site senior Accountant-Adama is responsible for the overall performance of the Finance Department for Adama site operations. The main duties and responsibilities of the Site senior Accountant is monitoring of finance staff and support the overall company through transaction processing, controlling, and accurate reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage and supervise all financial records at the Hatchery farm
- Supervise the work of accountants and Cashier at the farm,
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Identifies staff development and training needs and assist them for improvement
- Review and approve Payment Vouchers, Journal Vouchers, Goods Return Notes, etc.
- Ensure transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Ensure timely invoicing of customers according to the account receivable procedures.
- Keep fixed assets register and agree with the balance against financial records
- Provide oversight of petty cash ledger and ensure its agreement with cash on hand by performing surprise counts
- Confirm budget transfer is paid as per the request
- Oversee that all the site taxes are paid correctly and timely
- Regularly report the status of major pending tax issues to the National finance manager
- Review and approve all payments and sales in the site.
- Maintain a good working relationship with local banks
Treasury and Cost
- Review completeness of all required source documents and send to the HO such as Goods Receiving Notes, Store Issue Vouchers, Goods Return Vouchers, Sales Vouchers, etc and report any missed documents to the HO responsible person.
- Supervise, control and lead employees assigned under your direct supervision.
- Review correctness and ensure the adequacy of supporting documents when transactions are booked using Goods Receiving Notes, Store Issue Vouchers, Goods Return Vouchers, Credit Notes, etc.
- Ensures all the necessary data are maintained and updated regularly
- Monthly coordinate stock-taking in the site.
- Reconcile raw material & finished goods records against production and hatching Departments’ reports.
- Verify and approve stock reconciliations
- Propose actions to be taken on slow moving and dead stocks
- Ensure compliance of internal control & SOP’s in all stocks
- Assist the NFM in compiling reports
- Prepare and file monthly tax returns and ensure timely settlements of tax liabilities
- Prepare and Pay withholding taxes from payments in compliance with the Income Tax Proclamation
- Produce sales invoices to customers
- Check proper and adequate documentation for all sales on a cash basis
- Prepare cheque payment vouches and cheques for only approved fund requests on time as per agreed upon terms and conditions, if any
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to lead and support staff under his/her supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers/suppliers
- Excellent knowledge of Peachtree Accounting Software and ERP is advantageous.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments by ensuring completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
Qualifications and Requirement
- Degree in Accounting.
- Knowledge of Peachtree Accounting Software
- Excellent Computer Proficiency
- Minimum 4 years of related work experience.
How to Apply
Please title your application with the subject line: - " Senior Accountant- Adama"
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or
e-mail: [email protected]
Women are highly encouraged to apply.