|Location||Wolega and Hararge, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 10, 2019|
Vacancy No.IOM- CfA/0073/2019
Position TitleProtection Assistant
Duty StationMultiple (Wolega and Hararge)
Type of appointmentSpecial Short Term-Daily
Estimated Start DateAs soon as possible
Posting Period10.06.2019 – 17.06.2019
Organizational Context and Scope
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Context and Scope of the Position
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Protection Officer / Mainstreaming - and in close coordination with the respective units in the field, the incumbent will give support the Protection section through providing a range of programmatic, procedural, and operational support in implementing, executing and monitoring IOM’s programmatic response that is consistent with IOM’s rules and regulations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to sites under the supervision of PM Officer and in coordination with other IOM units to ensure protection and general protection are being mainstreamed across sectors;
- Support the field Protection team in referring and following up on protection cases;
- Participate in inter-agency for protection-related for a, working groups, workshops, seminars and other meetings in close coordination with supervisors,
- Coordinate Field level activities with Protection Assistants,
- Prepare reports covering protection related activities, draft briefing, etc,
- Support the Protection team in referring and following up on protection cases;
- Disseminate information on services available to affected populations under the supervision of PM Officer and maintain a list of services up to date;
- Provide support to Protection team in the organization of training to IOM and implementing partners on protection, child protection, protection mainstreaming, protection risks, GBV and disaster risk reduction;
- Provide general assistance to the Protection team during training on specific protection issues;
- Provide support in any field level interventions in terms of community sensitization on protection, focus group discussions with communities;
- Support sectors and Kebele / Woreda strengthening community structures and monitoring the proper functioning of complaints/feedback mechanisms, in coordination with CBCM (Community Based Complain Mechanism);
- Collect, process and store protection data and share it regularly to the Line Manager;
- Adhere to the Standards of Conduct of IOM / PSEA;
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
1. General Protection Case Management: Supporting communities through case management services to get access to basic services like food, registration (if any), shelter, wash, NFIs, health, and other issues. For better coordination developing relationships with community and service provider both.
2. Community-Based Protection: Sit in regular meetings, Woreda / Kebele Meetings (Protection Concern meetings), to know community concerns and address them in protection approach. Also, role out in sites/camps at the household level and get engaged with people at different tea shops and other meeting places, do informal FGDs and find out protection concerns of the community.
Also give orientation to Community leaders, Religious leaders if have, volunteers on Protection.
3. Protection Monitoring: Do protection monitoring through Protection monitoring observation tool, FGD, and KII. This activity helps to know about current protection concerns and trends within the community.
4. Protection coordination: As Protection site Camp Focal Point, organize and facilitate Protection sector coordination meetings bi-weekly with all protection agencies/working units engaging within the sits/camp, finding out challenges and gaps and look for a meaningful solution through advocacy.
5. Protection Mainstreaming: Organize and conduct sessions, workshops and training on Protection principles and other protection issues to the non-Protection actors like Site Management Service (SMS) and other service providers. These sessions, orientations, and workshops help to improve the overall protection environment and approach of the actors to the beneficiaries.
6. Integrated Approach with Site Management Supports (SMS): For field operation work closely with site management to address and respond to protection issues and cases as most of the concerns come directly to site management in the first place.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree, preferably in Law, Political or Social Sciences, or Social Work, or competencies equivalent to a combination of training and experience;
- A minimum of 4 years-experience in the field of NGOs in migration, IDP and refugee assistance and protection (including specific experience on Protection);
- Will be preferred experience in emergency operations and liaison with other UN and non-UN humanitarian actors.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Amharic and the local Language is required
Values and Competencies: The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is a legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with detail CV written in English via our e-mail address [email protected] until June 17, 2019, the latest, referring the position title, Vacancy number, and Duty Station in the subject line of your email
NB: at the top, your application letter, kindly includes the following information.
Full Name Position applied for Vacancy number Duty station you are Interested Educational Level and background Languages (you communicate well)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!