|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 7, 2019|
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ - Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – is dedicated to building a future worth living around the world.
We have over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including rural and economic development, education and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible, effective and cost-effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions. Of our 18,260 employees in some 120 countries, almost 70 percent are national personnel working in the field.
The internship will be working within the Security Risk Management Office at the German Development Cooperation Office in Kazanchis, which has responsibility for ensuring the safety and security of all GIZ personal (approx. 800 employees) working all over the country in 21 various offices.
Position: Information Management Intern
Application deadline: June 16, 2019
Required Candidate: One
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
The objective of the internship is to acquire vocational know-how, skills, and experience. The internship will involve working most with information management. The Intern will work under the overall supervision of the Security Risk Management Adviser and in close support with the IT office and Project Security Focal Points.
- Gain an insight into the day-to-day work of the organizational unit to which they are assigned
- Take part in discussions and meetings;
- Dealing with collecting and sorting out various information regarding GIZ operations in Ethiopia including staff databases, project locations, office locations, and access mapping.
- Assist with analytical reports and dissemination information.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Database Management and Information Standards by the support and managing the content of databases, spreads, and other data tools. It is important to understand, document and ensure the quality of the data for accuracy and consistency. Other tasks include managing by updating and checking various databases.
- Data Collection and Analysis. Support the evaluation and analysis of location and other specific datasets. Assist in checking data standards. Support assessment and needs analysis by supporting the data management of various platforms and tools that support data collection.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) & Mapping. Mapping by providing GIS support using QGIS mapping IT systems. Support the production and updating of high-quality map products, maintain a repository of spatial data and ensure the data are documented. Provide GIS support to the office and assist in the development of appropriate maps and infographic products.
- College or University degree in relevant field
- 0 years of working experience
- Excellent English oral and writing skills.
- Experience of using computers and office software packages (MS Access, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word) is required.
- Data Management: Design, develop and manage databases, spreadsheets, and other data tools; understand, document, and ensure the quality of data for accuracy, consistency, and comparability; consolidate operational information on a regular schedule to support analysis.
- Good knowledge of GIS systems and supporting software (QGIS), and experience in the development and management of spatial/geographic data layers;
- Publication development/production, especially drafting the text, the design of graphic elements and layout
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Information management intern #103’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to a large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged