|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2019|
Internal/External Job Announcement
About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio ranging from very large food-supported emergency response to cutting edge development programs. The current CRS/Ethiopia budget stands at $100 million with funding from the U.S. Government, UN agencies, private foundations, individual donors, and CRS private funds.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of the CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following positions;Job Title: ICT Officer Duty Station: Ethiopia/Addis Ababa Employment Term: Indefinite Period Reports to: Senior IT Officer Required no: One Application Deadline: June 24, 2019
You will coordinate and deliver various ICT and ICT4D (ICT) related services in accordance with established agency ICT policies, procedures, and service standards to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will provide responsively, professional service and technical support to CRS staff and partners to ensure efficient operation and use of CRS information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies.
· Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT systems and databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications. Troubleshoot and address issues to ensure optimal performance.
· Configure and maintain applications and user devices. Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests to ensure proper user access to agency business data and information.
· Maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration with relevant staff, Provide input to budget for ICT related expenses.
· Coordinate relationships with suppliers to facilitate the delivery of ICT-related services that meet CRS business requirements and needs.
· Support capacity building initiatives, remotely or on-site, to staff and partners to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications.
· Prepare statistical reports on ICT-related data and metrics. As needed, implement measures to ensure the required standards are met.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· BA/BSc in Computer Science, ICT or another related field of study
· 3 years of relevant experience work experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
· Desired certifications include Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL Foundation Certified.
· Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
· Demonstrated capacity in the management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
· Grasp of a complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, backup, application and database technologies.
· Experience with ITSM and systems management tools preferred.
· Good relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
· Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with the capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions and offer non-standard solutions.
· Able to maintain confidential information.
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
· Basic understanding of business analysis concepts and best practice.
· Demonstrated experience building ICT capacity with professional staff.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Amharic & English
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Not applicable
Internal: All CP staff, RIM, members of CRS ICT community, and owners of CRS business systems, specifically HoP, Program Managers, and MEAL officers.
External: CRS partners; Government agencies, NetHope, Peers from other NGOs in the country; and ICT services providers.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
please enter via:https://www.jotform.com/build/91644481376565/to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV and application letter only before the application deadline June 24, 2019.
Applications should be submitted by June 24, 2019, up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted.
These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
Note: CRS is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.