|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
ETAB soap factory is the sole privately-owned manufacturer of soap and soap products in Hawassa. The factory initially existed in 1993 E.C. as a small cottage industry at Hawassa town. Based on favorable industrial development policy of the country, its present existence at Hawassa industry zone began in 1997 E.C. The main line of the factory is laundry soaps in several grades and versions. This is designed to meet the laundry soap needs of organizations and individual homes. Our factory, therefore, encourages potential candidates to apply for the following vacant posts.
The industrial technology department manager reports to the general manager of the factory and expected to plan, lead, organize coordinate and control overall activities of the department
Key Duty and responsibility
- Modify equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiently
- Collect and analyze data related to quality or industrial health and safety programs
- Monitor and control inventory
- Analyze, estimate, or report production costs.
- Interpret engineering drawing, sketches, or diagram
- Develop or conduct quality control tests to ensure consistent production quality
- Analyze operational, production, economic, or data, using statistical procedures.
- Conduct time and motion studies to identify an opportunity to improve worker efficiency.
- Prepare schedules for equipment use or routine maintenance
- Compile operational data to develop cost or time estimates, schedules, or specifications.
- Plan the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency
- Design plants or production facility layout
- Request equipment upgrade or purchase
- Supervise production workers
- Oversee or inspect production processes
- Prepare reports regarding inventories of raw materials or finished product
- Creat computer application for manufacture processes or operation, using computer-aided design (CAD) or computer-assisted manufacture (CAM) tools.
- Prepare the layout of machinery or equipment, using drafting equipment or computer-aid design (CAD) software.
- Develop or implement programs to address a problem-related to production, safety, or quality
- Analyze material flows or supply chains to identify an opportunity to improve efficiency and conserve energy
- Develop computerized diagnostic tools to integrate measurements in real time and reduce production downtime
- Integrated high-speed loops and advance control algorithm with graphical system design to improve the efficiency of production operation
Qualification and competence
- M.A or B.A degree in Industrial Technology or related fields from an accredited university
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience out of which 4 years in a managerial position is required for MA holder
- A minimum of 8 Years relevant experience out of which 6 years in a managerial position is required for BA holder
- Preferable if engaged in factories
- Strong learning culture and a positive attitude
- Critical thinking and awareness of market analysis
- Commitment, initiative, dedication, and teamwork
- Responsibility, risk awareness, strong professional and problem-solving skill
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Basic computer knowledge and Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Very good interpersonal skills with the availability to communicate and negative with a wide range of people at all level internally as well as externally
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to represent the company rather than a third party
- Good analytical and communication skill
How to Apply
An interested applicant who can fulfill the stated requirement can submit their application letter and CV with non- returnable photocopies of their credential in person within ten consequence working days to HR Development and Administration Departement located in Hawassa Industrial Zone or in Addis Ababa Branch office at Bole Getu Commercial Center 4th floor office number 415. or through our email stating " Application for the post in which you are applying for" in the subject line through Email [email protected] in a single zipped folder attachment renamed by the applicant's name.
An applicant who does not follow the application instruction will not be considered