|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
Business and Administration
methi chicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
Under the supervision of the Site Manager, the General Services Officer is responsible for a broad range of functions including the management of physical resources and logistics in the site.
- Directs, coordinates and supervises the activities of office services, administration, and management of service vehicles, security, cleaning & gardening.
- Directs the proper custodial and janitorial services of the Company.
- Provides services such as photocopying, translating, duplicating and binding; supervises the timely repair of office machines and equipment.
- Ensures that efficient messenger services are provided to all organizational units of the Company.
- Ensures that efficient communication services are provided for the operation of the enterprise through the telephone; supervises the proper handling and maintenance of the communications network.
- Checks the adequacy and efficiency of service vehicle operation and gives directives for improvement.
- Reviews and prepares activity reports of the unit periodically.
- Supervise clinical, security, facility maintenance services etc .
- Prepares annual work programs of the unit and the required budgets thereof.
- Evaluate the performance of subordinate staff.
- Ensure that all factory/ construction property ( building, machinery, vehicles, etc) are covered against risks with insurance which should be arranged annually.
- Follows-up insurance claims.
- Arranges an annual inspection of vehicles.
- Controls drivers and ensures vehicles are properly repaired and maintained.
- Establishes for each vehicle fuel consumption rate per km and controls fuel consumption on the vehicle on weekly basis( total km traveled divided by total fuel consumed should give more or less the established standard km per litter).
- Ensures on time payment of utilities service charges.
- Coordinates the cleanup and management of the farm environment, making sure it remains neat, link up with the internal environment team to clean poultry houses, clear vegetation around the farm.
- Develops a plan for beautification of the company farm through tree planting, design road.
- Maps, flowers, graveling of internal roads, control people through signposts internally.
- Coordinates the disposal of wastes from hatchery and breeding farms.
- Conducts a timely follow-up of the water inventory level of each water tankers on the farm and ensures there is adequate water in the farm at any time.
- Manages, coordinates and controls special projects (road constructions, building constructions, and other civil works) in the company.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Client orientation
Qualifications and Requirement
- BA Degree in Management, Public Administration or related fields.
- Driving License
- 1-2 Years of work experience
How to Apply
Please title your application with the subject line: - "General Services Officer- Adama"
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through e-mail: [email protected]
Women are highly encouraged to apply.