|Location||Aletawondo, Sidama zone, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2019|
Development and Project Management
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality, and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.
In our 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social Protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of Field Coordinator (for Hygiene and Sanitation Project)
The Field Coordinator, under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, is primarily responsible for coordinating the field level implementation of the project entitled “Improvement of Health, Hygiene, and Sanitation, Sidama Zone, SNNPR '' project activities
Main duties and responsibilities of the Field Coordinator.
· Identify and communicate best practices in Wash project implementation
· Supervise and coordinate Health promoters and support Hygiene promoters in planning and implementing Post CLTS activities in the communities
· Plan, request and follow up purchase and delivery of materials for Hospitals, Health centers and Health posts (in collaboration with procurement and logistics)
· Facilitate different awareness-raising community meetings, campaigns, and events in collaboration with HPs and health extension workers
· Supervise and coordinate need assessments, baseline and end-line studies, data collections for Baby WaSH studies, formative researches, barrier analysis
· Plan and facilitate payments for health workers, health extension workers, teachers, and students collaborate with finance and logistics team.
· Conduct beneficiary selection based on set criteria in collaboration with health promoters and project stakeholders
· Coordinate and facilitate post-distribution monitoring for the proper utilization of distributed and donated materials for beneficiaries.
Training and knowledge transfer
· Train health and Hygiene promoters, health workers, teachers, school directors on different Wash issues.
· Request and use technical advice and orientations from PIN Ethiopia Wash Project Manager
· Collaborate with the Wash Project Manager on Wash program strategic goal and priorities
Communication and Networking
· Organize and document beneficiaries’ profile and progress information and share to the project manager and team members in a timely manner
· Communicate regularly with project stakeholders and partners
· Communicate project achievements, best practices, and challenges to Hospitals, Health Centers and woreda health offices office regularly and continuously
· Involve in developing different training materials and guidelines and revisions
· Translate relevant checklists and tools to local language (only if necessary)
Planning and reporting
· Plan and report activities to sanitation project manager in weekly bases
· Prepare and share quality and professional report on every training, workshop, meeting, campaign, experience sharing sessions, exposure visits, and other hygiene promotion related events conducted in the targeted kebeles.
· Plan and submit weekly logistics and cash needs to sanitation project manager
- Ensure that all-important and relevant documents are organized and documented systematically in both soft and hard copies
- Suggest improvements in project quality, relevance, and efficiency
- Meeting all project-related deadlines
- Maintaining a smooth and professional relationship with project stakeholders
- Adhering to all PIN and donor guidelines and policies and ensuring staff adheres to the same
- Ensures correctness and completeness of information acquired and delivered.
- Performs related work as assigned by the sanitation project manager
· Minimum Bachelor Degree in Environmental Health, Public Health, Nursing and Other related fields of study
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Hygiene and Sanitation Project coordination.
· Specifically she/he has to have experience and good skills in facilitating Training, Community conversations, Hygiene promotion, community mobilization, house to house visit and staff management experience
· Previous working experience in the NGO environment is advantageous.
· Strong writing and reporting skills (weekly, bi-annual and annual)
· Computer friendly (Word, excel, powerpoint )
· Excellent knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English, knowledge of the local language is advantageous (Sidamigna)
· 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted)
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: https://airtable.com/shrXbUnFfu0zpwZkA Until July 7, 2019.
Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.