|Date Posted||July 1, 2019|
Engineering, Water and Sanitation
The Position mainly involves undertaking detail technical WASH need assessments, preparing designs and BOQ for the hardware activities under Charity water project, monitoring and supervise the implementation of quality of hardware activities undertaking by the project. The Construction Supervisor will be based in Aleta Wondo town of Sidama Zone.
- Under the direct supervision of Senior EH Officer, the EH Officer will execute the following key responsibilities
· Undertakes detail needs assessments
· Conduct the feasibility study of the water options proposed through a community action plan
· Prepare design & detail bills of quantities, budget estimates in response to the proposed community action plan in all intervention kebeles of the respective the intervention woreda
· In coordination with other EH team Prepares detail water sector physical & financial implementation plan of the project which includes but not limited to activity plan, spending plan, and procurement plan
· Ensure all the construction under the projects are with the highest quality standard and free of technical defects
- Confirm the proper completion of every executed construction under the project and timely prepare pay sheet as per the execution
· Source out and monitor labor required for the implementation of project interventions and ensure the proper implementation of the organizational norms and standards.
· Properly Monitor the progress and implementation of sub contracted or own force project implementation in the intervention woreda as per the IRC standards and work procedures
· Prepare detail specification for items to be procured and ensure its procurements are as per set specifications.
· Works closely with Region, Zone/Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the project by organizing regular field visits and joint monitoring with the project steering committee
· Works in collaboration with other IRC EH, HP team and the supporting staff in good team spirit.
· Produces activity progress update and reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor and copy to the Field Manager and the Project manager
- In collaboration with other EH, team organize and facilitate different pieces of training for WUAs, artesian and for government partners per the project scope
- Provide any required technical support for the EHAs on the development of community action plans
- Ensure all the constructed hard ware activities are properly handover to the concerned government bodies with full of recording data like GPS location, beneficiary, yields of the water schemes, history of the water schemes in a well-documented manner at the right time before project phase out
- Properly monitor and confirm the quality and quantity of delivery of both local and industrial materials supplied by suppliers and transporters are per the IRC standards and code of conducts. And ensure the project resources including the construction materials in all kebeles of the intervention woreda are well monitored and properly used for the project purpose without any abuse.
- Compile and share the material utilization report at every two weeks for the per site in the intervention woreda
- Coordinate the woreda partners in water quality testing and in scheme disinfection and ensure the sachem disinfection and water quality testing of all the water schemes constructed under the project was done timely
- In collaboration with other EH, team facilitate different field visits as needed
- In collaboration with other EH, the team ensure a high level of community participation in the project and regularly track the community participation in terms of money with local labor market standard.
· Accomplish additional works as assigned by the supervisor
• 6 years of relevant experience for diploma holders in water supply engineering /Sanitary Engineering/, hydraulic engineering or related engineering fields.
• At least 4 years of experience for first degree holders in water supply engineering /Sanitary Engineering/, hydraulic engineering or related engineering fields.
• Experience in managing from big to small scale water supply system schemes, sanitation facilities design in the rural community and having good knowledge of project management. NGO experience is preferable.
• Good command of both spoken and written English.
• Basic computer skills (office), Microsoft office, Excel, word.
• Experience of data analysis software (Arc GIS and SPSS) is an asset.
• Experience of Engineering Software (Watercad, Epanet and Auto CAD, etc)
• Knowledge of domestic water supply system hydraulic design.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC, P.O.BOX 1320, Hawassa and directly applying through the below links is also mandatory.
for External applicants
for Internal applicants
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.Are any of your relatives employed by the International Rescue Committee (IRC)?
NAME Relationship Position Office/field office
Recruiter of the position Hawassa HR/Admin
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.