|Date Posted||June 15, 2019|
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 030/2019
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position Title: Electrical and General Maintenance Technician I
Job Grade: 3
Duty Station: Hawassa
Availability: - As soon as possible
Job Purpose: - The purpose of the Facility and General Maintenance Technician job is to assist in the preparation of the performance plan and yearly operating and capital expenditures, provide maintenance service to ECX wide office furniture and fixtures, perform medium level construction of office portioning, assembling and disassembling newly purchased and or existing furniture, and connectivity materials, and, perform other duties when assigned by immediate supervisor.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs office furniture and fixtures maintenance; minor construction, such as office partitions, etc. assembling and disassembling newly arrived or existing furniture & others
- Participates in and assists in the preparation of performance plan and yearly operating and capital expenditures; propose/provide ingredients to develop/review office space utilization and layout design manual/procedures,
- Liaises with external stakeholders to facilitate office furniture’s services –office space leasers and suppliers/vendors of new install office materials, etc.
- Proposes ergonometric conditions that maintain conducive, safe and astatic office environments,
- Trains and transfers skills on newly acquainted material’s or exiting once to user staff; map keys of every office consulting users department/ division/ offices and branch offices ;
- Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
ABILITY & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Demonstrable skills and ability of technical matters handling repair and design
- Strong knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade; applicable electrical codes, standards; electrical application for high and low voltage electrical system and regulations;
- Ability to maintain, install and configure generators, HVAC, price tickers, UPS and electrical equipment including ECX Laboratory devices
- Ability to make repairs to complicated electrical wiring, fixtures, and equipment;
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of subordinates; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
- Ability to perform manual work over extended periods of time;
- skill in the use of electrical maintenance and repair equipment;
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
TVET 10+3\Level 4 Diploma or Equivalent General Mechanic, Electricity or related 0-year work experience
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via [email protected] or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope; Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or before June 21, 2019.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.