|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2019|
Business and Administration
Summary Statement of Responsibilities:
The Partnerships Intern will be responsible for supporting the Partnership teams in sub-grant processing and documentation (hard and soft copies) of partner files. A large portion of IRC Ethiopia’s partnerships/sub-grants portfolio falls within the emergency response program but includes other sectors and projects as well. This position is based in Addis Ababa might have occasional trips to field sites and refugee camps, if needed. The position will report to the Partnerships Coordinator. The Partnerships Team sits in the Grants and Partnerships Unit of IRC Ethiopia.
· Participates in and supports in all Partnerships meetings, including weekly Monday Morning Meetings (MMMs) and monthly Finance and Partnership Coordination Meetings.
· Supports the partnerships team to maintain an up-to-date Partnerships tracker
· Supports in the update of IRC’s database that catalogs all past and potential future partners on a continual basis
· Supports in the internal sub-award proposal review process by managing hard-copy documents
· Support in the implementation of sub-grant opening, review, and closing meetings
Documentation and Reporting
· Support in the maintenance of comprehensive electronic files for the emergency response program, as well as general partner files, ensuring they are streamlined and organized.
· Support in the review of monthly internal reports
Representation and Special Tasks:
· Support Partnerships team as needed to ensure all deadlines are met on time and that all products are of high quality.
· At the request of the Partnerships Coordinator, take responsibility for miscellaneous projects not falling under responsibility underlined in this job description.
· Excellent Amharic and English writing and speaking skills are mandatory and are the most important requirement for this position
· Fresh graduates
· Bachelor degree from a recognized university
· Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PPT).
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· NGO experience in a similar position is a plus.
How to Apply
How to apply:
· Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials via
IRC internal career
IRC external career
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue Committee (IRC)?
RelationshipPosition Office/field office
Recruiter of the position HR/Admin
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.