|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 10, 2019|
Research and Development
TRANSFORM/Primary Health Care (PHC) is a USAID funded project to improve healthcare outcomes to Prevent Childhood and Maternal Deaths (PCMD) in Ethiopia, which in turn support Government of Ethiopia’s efforts within the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP). TRANSFORM/PHC will operate in the four most populous regions of Ethiopia (Amhara, Oromia, Tigray and Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region). This will be accomplished in part by mitigating the drivers of child and maternal mortality in Ethiopia’s most populous regions through the facilitation and implementation of quality health service delivery; improved management and performance of health systems; and implementation of innovative and evidence-based social behavioral change and communication interventions. TRANSFORM/PHC project will strengthen the capacity of the health system to effectively use management tools and implement best practices at all levels of the health system and health care delivery with a major focus at the primary care level that includes primary hospitals and PHCUs.
Pathfinder International seeks consultants who have the interest to work with the USAID Transform Primary Health Project in the areas of health research. Interested applicants can show their interest by sending their Curriculum Vitae with cover letter to be invited for competition at any time of availability of research works.
Potential areas for involvement of the consultant
- Support technical teams in identifying of research topics and development of study concept notes
- Involve in the development of research proposals including quantitative and/or qualitative research methods and study variables
- Provide critical support in the development of quantitative and/or qualitative data collection tools
- Support the recruitment and training of quantitative and/or qualitative data collectors including preparation of training manuals/ guides, and involve in qualitative data collection activities
- Conduct data quality checks during field data collection and during data entry
- Involve in data management and analysis activities, including editing and coding and production of analysis tables
- Involve in the producing of draft and final study reports, and present findings to internal staffs and external stakeholders
- Need-based involvement in other research activities not mentioned above
- Closely working with technical advisers and the research adviser
· Ph.D. or Master’s in public health, Demography, statistics, social sciences and related fields with at least 10 years’ experience in public health research.
· Practical experience in using quantitative and/ or qualitative research methods.
· Practical experience in using statistical applications such as SPSS, STATA, R, MS-Access, Epi-Info, Epidata, etc.
· Experience of managing survey using different modality (paper-based or web-based systems like ODK etc.
· At least five publications, preferably first and corresponding author in at least 3 publications.
· Publication in the area of maternal health, FP/RH, Adolescent health, child health will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Pathfinder International invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via [email protected] on or before June 05, 2019
Applicants should write the position title on the subject line of their email and send only Cover letter and CV. No additional document is required.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pathfinder is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be considered.