|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2019|
• Planning, organizing and coordinating the overall audio editing.
• Read and understand each story and analyze how it should be produced before beginning production.
• Guide the voice talent and record audio with the highest quality possible
•Ensure all video files of each episode are organized according to WKW file organizing system.
• Prepare backgrounds in Photoshop according to the shots on the storyboard and the storyline.
• Ensure the show is high-quality and editing should include, but not limited to, SFX creation, narrations, visual effects creation, titles, and animations.
• Edit the video according to the audio and storyboard.
• Edit each shot with as many details, smoothness, and excellence as possible.
• Revise edited shots to correct mistakes, finalize editing with appropriate effect and present it to the Production Leader.
• Complete each task with high perfection in a timely manner.
• Respect deadlines and submit works according to the sprint plans.
• Perform voice acting and other creative activities as the need arises.
• Master the editing software and train other staff members on how to use it.
• Learn to use other software used by WKW, such as After Effect, Adobe Premiere, ToomBoom, Protocol, Flash, and other new or improved way of editing and compositing.
• Present the final approved episodes on TV to production staff.
• Be responsible for asking any missing video project input from the Audio Editor, Animator and Camera Operator.
• Back up each episode and resources used during the video/ audio project.
• Perform other duties as the need arises.
• Professional experience with video production and understanding of the etiquette and protocol of working on a professional set and as part of a professional crew.
• Highly skilled in industry standard editing software such as Adobe Premiere
• Proficiency in design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Experience in SFX creation, narrations, visual effects creation, titles, and animations.
• Strong working knowledge of video production equipment, including digital video cameras as well as lighting and sound recording for studio and location productions.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines while focusing on details and maintaining quality.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Amharic.
- Recognized certificate in a related field of study is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a production setting
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please send a cover letter, a CV, and a list of at least 3 professional references (name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference) to [email protected]
We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. EOE/M/F/D/V
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.