Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
balambaras

Poorly constructed Addis Ababa roads falling apart

Post by balambaras » 06 Aug 2014, 15:36

Financed with borrowed money, poorly constructed Addis Ababa roads are falling apart and causing too many accidents.

photos

No safety mesh for pedestrians

Main roads flooded frequently

videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ricWNDiFV1w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OC5z93VF7E https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=655783587845703 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=80 ... 0658867483

EwnetYashenifal

Re: Poorly constructed Addis Ababa roads falling apart

Post by EwnetYashenifal » 06 Aug 2014, 16:05

Let us all remember that in Ethiopia "China" means cheap and low quality products.

EwnetYashenifal

Post by EwnetYashenifal » 06 Aug 2014, 16:12

beji wrote:This is what happens when you let the Chinese build anything. They are the worst builders on the face of the Earth.

Beji,

I disagreed with you earlier today when you played down the Diaspora Ethiopians by saying there were only 70 demonstrators in front of the White House yesterday.

But, here I agree with you in that the Chinese are the worst builders, I may add they are also the worst human right offenders by propping up undemocratic regimes in Africa. They are good for nothing. Let us drive them out of Ethiopia and Africa.

norge

Post by norge » 06 Aug 2014, 16:17

The problem is not only poorly constructed road, when you build infrastructure, it should go hand in hand with the economic development and capacity of that country. When you build a road, you should make sure that you have a budget to repair it. If your annual budget is dependent on the handout of ferenji, you should not build a road that you could not be able to repair it when it is wearout.

DirtyAnceba-Hunter

Post by DirtyAnceba-Hunter » 06 Aug 2014, 16:42

let me kill this ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EiFBCHI43w

Bwendimu

Post by Bwendimu » 06 Aug 2014, 17:17

Phaken bitches! The roads you try to show are either under construction or roads that are old. The new roads are built very strong and to the standard. Engide lijoch. For how long you burn from envy?
God knows.

Jason

Post by Jason » 06 Aug 2014, 18:18

Balamambaras is Elias, so much changed since he left the country. The roads he seem to hate are getting repaired as needed. There is an operational toll serving the south. Road like this are getting paved as we speak. Eski menzew Elias efer eski. Have some balls and post using you own name.

Horus

Post by Horus » 06 Aug 2014, 18:36

so much for Woyane Tigray master buyers and Chinese master builder :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YEBANDAMERZE
Member+

Post by YEBANDAMERZE » 06 Aug 2014, 18:36

Useless worthless shabia pigs are now jealous of our roads,kkkkkkk what's next?? I lovt when I see our enemies turn green with envy.

molover

Post by molover » 06 Aug 2014, 18:42

Is Elias Also Shabia Too? According To You Yebanda.
Citizens Have Right To Oppose Their Own Government.

elias

Post by elias » 06 Aug 2014, 18:43

Where are the cars?
YEBANDAMERZE wrote:Useless worthless shabia pigs are now jealous of our roads,kkkkkkk what's next?? I lovt when I see our enemies turn green with envy.

Ethoash

Post by Ethoash » 06 Aug 2014, 18:50

balambaras wrote:Financed with borrowed money, poorly constructed Addis Ababa roads are falling apart and causing too many accidents.
accident.

Main roads flooded frequently
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=80 ... 0658867483

dear bombras,

by now u know me i am expert almost in every thing i am highly gifted person.... i am thinker of high order i have no much in this forum... by now i dont have to tell u know it by now hence here is my solution for the flooding u worried about

i am gifted road eng.

here is the solution u dig water Drainage system in both side of the road ....u have army of unemployed youth use them

if u look roof any house roof they have triangle shape that means when rain it help for drainage

the road also must be shaped like triangle shape slop in the middle and tilted down and the water roll or help drainage to happened so no water stay in the road

if i didnot explain it good i will be more then happy to super triple dump it for u just for asking

YEBANDAMERZE
Member+

Post by YEBANDAMERZE » 06 Aug 2014, 18:50

Die worthless shabia pigs! Die!
Under construction.

YEBANDAMERZE
Member+

Post by YEBANDAMERZE » 06 Aug 2014, 18:56

elias wrote:Where are the cars?
YEBANDAMERZE wrote:Useless worthless shabia pigs are now jealous of our roads,kkkkkkk what's next?? I lovt when I see our enemies turn green with envy.
Good observation Elias,
this is the newly updated Google Earth picture of the Adama Expressway.It is not open for traffic yet. I believe it will open for traffic in November.

revolutions
Location: "TPLF will Soon Collapse through Evolution. Lets Revolutionize the Opposition."

Post by revolutions » 06 Aug 2014, 18:57

The incompetent and illiterate Woyanes are building the roads in Ethiopia in their own image: Inferior!

The roads are built under the supervision of Chinese 2-year technical college graduates, and the laborers are mostly Ethiopian university graduates due to the 60% unemployment rate in the country, made possible by the TPLF ethnic apartheid rule which favors one tiny ethnic group over the others.
BBC: A Chinese construction worker supervises the building of a road in Ethiopia's capital, Addis Ababa.
ImageImageImageImage

The Agazi slave called Ye-Banda-Zer and his Chinese master. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Desta Kebede, a student from Mekele, speaks fluent Chinese.
:mrgreen:
His Chinese language teacher said, "If Ethiopians want to get employment at Chinese-owned companies in Ethiopia, they need to master the Chinese language by completing a 4-year Chinese language program provided by the Addis Ababa University. Currently, there are only 15 students enrolled in the Chinese language program -- all of them from Adwa. :razz:

Ethoash

Post by Ethoash » 06 Aug 2014, 19:04

revolutions wrote:
The incompetent and illiterate Woyanes are building the roads in Ethiopia in their own image: Inferior!

The roads are built under the supervision of Chinese 2-year technical college graduates, and the laborers are mostly Ethiopian university graduates due to the 60% unemployment rate in the country, made possible by the TPLF ethnic apartheid rule which favors one tiny ethnic group over the others.
BBC: A Chinese construction worker supervises the building of a road in Ethiopia's capital, Addis Ababa.
ImageImageImageImage

The Agazi slave called Ye-Banda-Zer and his Chinese master. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Desta Kebede, a student from Mekele, speaks fluent Chinese.
:mrgreen:
His Chinese language teacher said, "If Ethiopians want to get employment at Chinese-owned companies in Ethiopia, they need to master the Chinese language by completing a 4-year Chinese language program provided by the Addis Ababa University. Currently, there are only 15 students enrolled in the Chinese language program -- all of them from Adwa. :razz:

dear realbull,

i see man at work and i did see any problem with all the photo u posted even so some of the photo is not in Ethiopia

now let me show u this video it is in america... bridge collapsed only four month after it was open...my point is if u work u make mistake so what

elias

Post by elias » 06 Aug 2014, 19:06

YEBANDAMERZE wrote:
Good observation Elias,
this is the newly updated Google Earth picture of the Adama Expressway.It is not open for traffic yet. I believe it will open for traffic in November.
By the time Google updates the photos, the roads will fall apart because of lack of maintenance. The roads that were completed a couple of years ago have now been reduced to rubble. Don't be surprised. When zombies run a country such things happen.

By the way, most of the highrise buildings you showed us are not habitable because their elevators do not work and have no running water. They stink like hell and have become health hazards.

Bwendimu

Elias, where are the cars? Last year alone Ethiopia imported 30128 cars

Post by Bwendimu » 06 Aug 2014, 19:20

As the Ethiopian economy sprints forwards at a fast rate - with annual growth of 10.5pc over the past decade, according to World Bank records - the demand for automobiles is witnessing a rapid rise. This has opened the window for the flourishing business of importing and retailing cars. Official data shows that inporting cars is becoming an important sector within the economy, with the annual import value exceeding the 400 million dollar. Just last year, a total of 30,128 cars were imported into the nation, showing an increment of more than 7,000 cars compared to the previous year.

Operating this expanding sector are the 412 importers, categorised in line with their annual import capacity. Expanding along with the rising car imports is also the total stock of cars in the nation. In June 2014, for instance, the total stock of registered cars in the nation was 519,816. It is not only the import and stock of cars in the nation that is witnessing a boom, however. The challenges faced in regulating the sector are also growing in every direction possible.

One of the latest challenges that is dampening the hopes of many of the car importers, retailers and dealers is the one that relates to temporary plates. A change in the approach of temporary plate provision, implemented by the authorities in a bid to regulate misconducts, has poured cold water over the business of selling cars. But perspectives about the challenges ahead differ greatly, even between importers.

PLEASE SEE THE FULL STORY ON AGENDA PAGE
Published on July 27, 2014 [Vol 15 ,No 743]

Ethoash

Post by Ethoash » 06 Aug 2014, 19:30

elias wrote:
YEBANDAMERZE wrote:
Good observation Elias,
By the time Google updates the photos, the roads will fall apart because of lack of maintenance. The roads that were completed a couple of years ago have now been reduced to rubble. Don't be surprised. When zombies run a country such things happen.

By the way, most of the highrise buildings you showed us are not habitable because their elevators do not work and have no running water. They stink like hell and have become health hazards.

there is an amhara saying u cant wakeup they guy pretending sleeping

dear Elias,
our great mind why not u tell us the solution ... dont build is the solution ... we cant afford American company so what u want us to do... beside the american doesnt show u anything... they take our coffee and they sale us finished goods that is what the ameirca want go to Nigria what American company doing go to other African country The American are not angle ether

about road maintenance u have a point we African we dont have a culture of maintenance... even we run our car to ground before we take it for maintenance....

most road build are not suitable for Ethiopia weather condition....asphalt road is not good for Ethiopian weather in hot climate the road get damaged so easy and when the rain come the damage completed

the solution is building with concert cement it will take care of most of the problem and u dont need to borrow money to buy cement we have a lot of them.

now the simple maintenance we should do is water derange... u can hire army of unemployed and dig water derange this will help to keep the road at good condition

about elevators... as far as i know we have only five story building they can use their leg it is good exercise... otherwise we getting fat and getting sick without movement it is good health

about water shortage u can use rain water storage not everything solved by government to me problem means opportunity for business