Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
elias

Dawit Kebede is a patriotic Ethiopian; the accusation against him is unjustified

Post by elias » 07 Apr 2013, 10:50

I have known Dawit Kebede of Awramba Times for over 5 years and I am a first hand witness of the contributions he made for the struggle against the Woyanne tribal junta. His newspaper was shut down, his colleagues are arrested and now he himself is forced into a life of exile. And yet, recently some individuals are trying to portray him as being favorable toward the Woyanne regime. That is far from the truth. He may have disagreements with some in the opposition groups, and his ethnic background is Tigrean. That doesn't make him a Woyanne sympathizer. As a Tigrean, he has taken greater risk than others in speaking out against Woyanne's policies. We all know that Woyanne is more brutal against Tigrean dissidents. We need more brave Ethiopians of Tigrean ethnic background in the pro-Ethiopian unity camp. The criticism against Dawit Kebede is terribly hurtful to our cause.

Conformist
Member+

Re: Dawit Kebede is a patriotic Ethiopian; the accusation against him is unjustified

Post by Conformist » 07 Apr 2013, 10:53

elias wrote:I have known Dawit Kebede of Awramba Times for over 5 years and I am a first hand witness of the contributions he made for the struggle against the Woyanne tribal junta. His newspaper was shut down, his colleagues are arrested and now he himself is forced into a life of exile. And yet, recently some anti-Woyanne individuals are trying to portray him as being favorable toward the Woyanne regime. That is far from the truth. He may have disagreements with some in the opposition groups, and his ethnic background is Tigrean. That doesn't make him a Woyanne sympathizer. As a Tigrean, he took greater risk than others in speaking out against Woyanne's policies. We all know that Woyanne is more brutal against Tigrean dissidents. We need more brave Ethiopians of Tigrean ethnic background on the pro-Ethiopian unity camp. The criticism against Dawit Kebede is terribly hurtful to our cause.

It is insane to embarass anti-Woyane Tigres, otherwise those who are thinking of turning against Woyane will change their minds because of fear of rejection.

dawitafework

Re: Dawit Kebede is a patriotic Ethiopian; the accusation against him is unjustified

Post by dawitafework » 07 Apr 2013, 12:42

BANDA EN SHENFILA BIATEBUT AYTERAM.BE ETHSAT LAY MEZMET BANDA NET NEW.DAWIT LEMMA SEATTLE WA

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 07 Apr 2013, 13:37

Elias,
People need to be understood,it isn't Tigreans that are the enemies of Ethiopia,it is few ignorant people.

Mestewat

Post by Mestewat » 07 Apr 2013, 13:42

Well said, Elias. Some Ethiopians are quick to associate the Woyanes with Tigrayans, but the fact remains that Tigrayans are as much victims of the Thugs as any other Ethiopians. Infact, the regime places a lot of energy in trying to convince Tigrayans that their survival depends on its continued rule.

dawitafework

Post by dawitafework » 07 Apr 2013, 13:45

ESAT BE GUYAH YEZEH AGER NETA AWETALEHU ATBEL.BETEFA YETEFAL ENJE YEWESHA AYEN BECHEW AYTATEBM.TAGAY DAWIT KEBEDE KEGEND YATAGLEH EN AND NEGER LENGREH EFLGALHU, ETHIOMEDIA ABRHAM BELAY ANTE ENDEMETELEW ASMESAY TEGERE SAYHON YERAY AMBESA NEW ANABEST. RAYAN DEGMO ALEKOCHEH WODE TIGRAY BEWESDUTEM AHUNE YEWOLLO GEZAT LEMEHONU WEDEFIT HISAB ENAWERAREDALEN.DAWIT LEMMA
Last edited by dawitafework on 07 Apr 2013, 19:11, edited 9 times in total.

ball

Post by ball » 07 Apr 2013, 13:49

Same goes with Seye Abraha. Seye deeply regret his past misdeed and apologized in public during a TV debate for the last election.We need to embrace this guy. Others within woyane circle who are considering to defect are probably watching us how we are treating this man. We shouldn't regard them all as a grave menace to the existence of our country once they are with us.Hostility , contempt and derision is not what they deserve.Embracing these guys is should be one of the first step in guarding our country from such a catastrophic abomination.

Fayon

Post by Fayon » 07 Apr 2013, 13:49

Dawit is doing a good job of exposing the extremist Mehal safaris who want to get into arat killo by any means necessary.

Brave Dawit, our boy. WE are proud of you!

Azeb

Post by Azeb » 07 Apr 2013, 14:16

elias wrote:I have known Dawit Kebede of Awramba Times for over 5 years and I am a first hand witness of the contributions he made for the struggle against the Woyanne tribal junta. His newspaper was shut down, his colleagues are arrested and now he himself is forced into a life of exile. And yet, recently some individuals are trying to portray him as being favorable toward the Woyanne regime. That is far from the truth. He may have disagreements with some in the opposition groups, and his ethnic background is Tigrean. That doesn't make him a Woyanne sympathizer. As a Tigrean, he has taken greater risk than others in speaking out against Woyanne's policies. We all know that Woyanne is more brutal against Tigrean dissidents. We need more brave Ethiopians of Tigrean ethnic background in the pro-Ethiopian unity camp. The criticism against Dawit Kebede is terribly hurtful to our cause.
I was his arrdent supporter and gave him the benefit of the doubt until he showed up in the Aba Mela paltalk room to bash Eskindir Nega.I also understand that as a journalist he should be left alone to express his views.who the hell are we to judge others,he lives in America so he has the right to be whatever he wants to be.

Fayon

Post by Fayon » 07 Apr 2013, 14:19

Azeb wrote:
elias wrote:I have known Dawit Kebede of Awramba Times for over 5 years and I am a first hand witness of the contributions he made for the struggle against the Woyanne tribal junta. His newspaper was shut down, his colleagues are arrested and now he himself is forced into a life of exile. And yet, recently some individuals are trying to portray him as being favorable toward the Woyanne regime. That is far from the truth. He may have disagreements with some in the opposition groups, and his ethnic background is Tigrean. That doesn't make him a Woyanne sympathizer. As a Tigrean, he has taken greater risk than others in speaking out against Woyanne's policies. We all know that Woyanne is more brutal against Tigrean dissidents. We need more brave Ethiopians of Tigrean ethnic background in the pro-Ethiopian unity camp. The criticism against Dawit Kebede is terribly hurtful to our cause.
I was his arrdent supporter and gave him the benefit of the doubt until he showed up in the Aba Mela paltalk room to bash Eskindir Nega.I also understand that as a journalist he should be left alone to express his views.who the hell are we to judge others,he lives in America so he has the right to be whatever he wants to be.
Oh Azeb, why do you lie? Dawit Never bashed Eskindir Nega. You have to listen to his interview with Aba Mela. What he (Dawit) opposed is the very extremist politics in the diaspora. Imagine, some of you guys want him to do what you want. He said it is against his profession, and he rejected. Now, you are blaming him for something he never said. Aye MehalSefaris!!!
Last edited by Fayon on 07 Apr 2013, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

Azeb

Post by Azeb » 07 Apr 2013, 14:26

Fayon wrote:
Azeb wrote:
Oh Azeb, why do you lie? Dawit Never bashed Eskindir Nega. You have to listen to his interview with Aba Mela. What is opposed is the very extremist politics in the diaspora. Imagine, some of you guys want him to do what you want. He said it is against his profession, and he rejected. Now, you are blaming him for something he never said. Aye MehalSefaris!!!
TPLF Guy,
Don't twist my words ,I like gut full people like Dawit who are man enough to criticise anyone, both the opposition and weyane.you are just blabbering to get paid.Lol

Fayon

Post by Fayon » 07 Apr 2013, 14:32

Azeb wrote:
Fayon wrote:
Azeb wrote:
Oh Azeb, why do you lie? Dawit Never bashed Eskindir Nega. You have to listen to his interview with Aba Mela. What is opposed is the very extremist politics in the diaspora. Imagine, some of you guys want him to do what you want. He said it is against his profession, and he rejected. Now, you are blaming him for something he never said. Aye MehalSefaris!!!
TPLF Guy,
Don't twist my words ,I like gut full people like Dawit who are man enough to criticise anyone, both the opposition and weyane.you are just blabbering to get paid.Lol
Azeb, look what you said "...I was his arrdent supporter and gave him the benefit of the doubt until he showed up in the Aba Mela paltalk room to bash Eskindir Nega..."

All I am saying is that you are blaming Dawit for something he never did. He didn't bash Eskindir Nega. I wouldn't mind if he did, but he didn't. Correct you mistake.

Tedi123

Post by Tedi123 » 07 Apr 2013, 14:43

Elias Kiflie, the most confused guy, you always wake up late. This is not yr fisrt time, almost always, it takes you a while to understand things early. Elias whether u know Dawit or not what matters is what he is doing now. He might be genuine at the beginning but his actions right now crystal clear for those who are not blinded. Here is what he wrote about Amhara Deportation. He never write any good commentary about deportation of Amara from their country. But what he found important is to falsify what ESAT reporte, to discredited ESAT why because he want to Expose TPLF loool . ESAT has done a wonderful job by uncovering deportation of Amhara, the killings and mistreatments. Even the death of 59 people is wrong, actually not confirmed false, one person in VOA said he not sure, and another person on ESAT explained that there were two car accidents the first one all of them except one servived the other with no major injuries. What matters for the none TPLF Dawit (for Elias) the one with no major injuries. So what is the main issue any sensible person? the displaced of thousands of citizens or the report about 59 people true or false. Anyway Dawit pick what he want to pick why? Elias knows the reason :)
Look this and judge
http://www.awrambatimes.com/?p=7161

Azeb

Post by Azeb » 07 Apr 2013, 14:52

Fayon wrote:
Azeb wrote:
Fayon wrote:
Azeb wrote:
TPLF Guy,
Azeb, look what you said "...I was his arrdent supporter and gave him the benefit of the doubt until he showed up in the Aba Mela paltalk room to bash Eskindir Nega..."

All I am saying is that you are blaming Dawit for something he never did. He didn't bash Eskindir Nega. I wouldn't mind if he did, but he didn't. Correct you mistake.
Fayon,
Ok..even if he did ,I wasn't there to confirm that I heard it from people,that doesn't make him any less Ethiopian,that is it.you Nazi weyanes create such silly destructions to hoodwink us.lol

Fayon

Post by Fayon » 07 Apr 2013, 14:56

Azeb wrote:
Fayon wrote:
Azeb wrote:
Fayon wrote:
Azeb wrote:
TPLF Guy,

Fayon,
Ok..even if he did ,I wasn't there to confirm that I heard it from people,that doesn't make him any less Ethiopian,that is it.you Nazi weyanes create such silly destructions to hoodwink us.lol
Azeb My MahalSefari Ethiopian Sister,
Lying is deep in the blood of some of the politicians, activists and journalists in the diaspora. You are a typical example of them. Why don't you check it for yourself instead of writing what another liar told you?

Here you have the interview and listen to it by yourself. Then, tell me what Dawit said about Eskindir Nega (aka Genocide Promoter):

Kassa

Post by Kassa » 07 Apr 2013, 15:14

I have had the chance to talk to Dawit quite briefly a couple of years ago. He was just starting his life in exile and seemed to be lonely. One thing I learned from our brief conversation was that he is a brilliant Ethiopian who was brave enough to stand for what he believed in. Everyone of us is still kneeling down to what we don't believe in. It is funny to read people writing all kinds of nonesense sitting on their couch or sipping their beer while tapping their iFull!

Kassa

Bashu

Post by Bashu » 07 Apr 2013, 16:26

What the hell is "tigrean"?. you never hear a person from Tigray referred to as "Tigrean" in Ethiopia. people from tigray and eritrea are still called tigre back home. The shabia rats came up with the term to differentiate themselves from their cousins in tigray and the gullible diasporans on ER parroting the sing-a-poor's propaganda. Dawit Girma is a christianTigre from Tigray and Revolution(along with his other 20 usernames) is a christianTigre from eritrea...the shabia rats on ER often claims the Tigres are eritrean muslims and the term tigre should be exclusively on them. Aragaw is the only ethiopian on ER who address the two cousins as Tigres as it should be.

An afar who resides in djibouti, eritrea or ethiopia referred to an afar, he may be called ethiopian, djiboutian or Eritrean afar. A somali is a somali whether he lives in ethiopia, djibouti or kenya but he can be referred to as Ethiopian somali, kenyan somali... Just like a kurdish is still a kurdish whether a turk kurdish, an Iraqi kurdish or Iranian kurdish.

How do you say "tegbaban" in tigrigna.

Semira
Member+

Post by Semira » 07 Apr 2013, 22:36

Bashu wrote:What the hell is "tigrean"?. you never hear a person from Tigray referred to as "Tigrean" in Ethiopia. people from tigray and eritrea are still called tigre back home. The shabia rats came up with the term to differentiate themselves from their cousins in tigray and the gullible diasporans on ER parroting the sing-a-poor's propaganda. Dawit Girma is a christianTigre from Tigray and Revolution(along with his other 20 usernames) is a christianTigre from eritrea...the shabia rats on ER often claims the Tigres are eritrean muslims and the term tigre should be exclusively on them. Aragaw is the only ethiopian on ER who address the two cousins as Tigres as it should be.

An afar who resides in djibouti, eritrea or ethiopia referred to an afar, he may be called ethiopian, djiboutian or Eritrean afar. A somali is a somali whether he lives in ethiopia, djibouti or kenya but he can be referred to as Ethiopian somali, kenyan somali... Just like a kurdish is still a kurdish whether a turk kurdish, an Iraqi kurdish or Iranian kurdish.

How do you say "tegbaban" in tigrigna.
Bashu ye wefcho bet beg,

Too late bro. We now know the difference. Eritreans told us that there is a huge difference between you and them. I wish they grant you that association with them you always dream. Why would a tigrayan always wants to lean on Eritrean to look good and confident? I can't find an answer for it. From tigrayan members of this forum, only shewit has the pride. The rest is inferiority ridden. Yours is the worst

adiabo

Post by adiabo » 07 Apr 2013, 23:14

Any Tigrayan who trys to appease the neftegna is a fool. We tigrayans are Tigrayans first and ethiopians second. Dawit seems to have learned a lesson when he discovered how racist the neftegna are. They have rulled us for 100 years so the next 100 is our turn. If they don't like it they can go and test the fierce fighters. We all know they will not match us so all they need to do is shut up and accept the fair rulers for the next 100 years. Tigray = Jegninet you better remember that!

Semira
Member+

Post by Semira » 07 Apr 2013, 23:25

Elias,

How sure are you that this idiot is not a weyanne mole? The guy clearly opposes the organization of people through ethnic lines. He knows it that it is lethal. It is not for the sake of ethiopian unity that he opposes it. It is because he sensed segregation and the danger that follows it. Also, he is totally denying the fact that the key military and government posts are reserved only for tplf tigrayans. He is accuseing tamagn beyenes factual documentary about the fake federalism and ethnic apartheid. He seems to me that he is passionate on discrediting and attaccking prominent media outlets and groups such as ESAT, Ethiomedia and Ginbot 7 including those who recently created a civic group for Amhara people. How comes this one man become against all of these at the same time?

Dawits mission is to send the opposition in a never ending circle so that his relatives buy time and loot the nation, impoverish people. I am really shocked to see that you made such hasty conclusion about this mole. Abraha belay, once again is right on the money and you better be careful about this mole if you want to keep your reputation. If you listen the interview, he is calling the entire diaspora based media, amba-Genentech even worse than tplf itself.