Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Senait

Who arranged the killing of Dr. Tesfay Debesay? Intriguing revelations by Prof. Aleme Eshete...

Post by Senait » 01 Apr 2013, 18:32

WHO ARRANGED THE KILLING OF TESFAYE DEBESAY - EPRP SECRETARY GENERAL - THE EPRP ITSELF?

Dedicated to Zeru Kehshen

Upon the announcement of the date of the Derg's "assessa" a number of C.C members including Zeru and Tselote Hezqeyas were sent to Tigrai for security reasons. Some 40 others were sent to the interior of Shoa (Kiflu, II, 317). Kiflu was the man responsible both for conducting the killing operation in the White Terror-Red Terror so called "urban guerrilla", as well as for supervising the security of EPRP leaders. But as we have said at the beginning no contingency plan was prepared at all for such an eventuality as an over all house to house "assesa" and "demssesa" as the Derg now intended to do. Kiflu tells us that they had organised a places of retreat for safe asylum in Merhabete but that that place is now taken by Berhane Mesqel etc.(Kiflu , II, p.317 Thus according to Kiflu tells several prominent leaders of the party had to make their own arrangements to escape the threat of the "assesa". It was decided to spend a few days in the residence of some diplomats, only Kiflu Tadesse and Tesfaye Debesay remained in Addis. Tesfaye is said to have decided to remain in Addis to prepare the forthcoming negotiations with the ELF-EPLF recognising officially their right to secession as finally approved at their last C.C meeting of February 1977. (Kiflu, II, p.302-304,320). It is also said that Tesfaye as Secretary General of the party did not want to abandon his flock at such a critical moment wanted to be present to supervise their security to the limit possible and share their tribulations. However after two days the diplomats who kept Tesfaye were afraid that the qebele revolutionary squad may break into their residence irrespective of the international law and cause problem : Hence they asked him to leave. : Kiflu Tells us that one of the employees - a lady -wanted to know who Tesfaye was and what he was doing there at that time -worried the diplomats. (Kiflu II, p.317). We believe the embassy is the Egyptian embassy as after his death the Ethiopian lady secretary of the Egyptian embassy has identified him as a close friend of the Egyptian ambassador and frequenter of the Egyptian embassy.

A few days before the "assesa" Tesfaye was also seen by a Meison cadre in the car of Dr. Berhane Gebray: I now understand that Berhane Gebray is an Irob and belonging to a prominent Catholic family. With Tesfaye, they are very close family friends and only that could explain Berhane Gebrai's decision to carry such a highly wanted person as Tesfaye in his car. Given the close proximity between Fesseha Desta of the Derg and Berhane Gebrai, Meison did not dare take measures against Berhane Gebray to hand over Tesfaye. We are not sure if Tesfaye's choice of his final hiding place in "Kidane hentsa" "Philips hentsa" is related to Berhane Gebray or not.

The important point is that Tesfaye was left without any sure place to hide. It was also during this period of terror that Yohannes Berhane , Melaku Marqos, an economist and lecturer at Addis Ababa University, Nega Ayele another University lecturer all prominent members of the EPRP, were arrested while trying to leave Addis Ababa in the car of Dr. William Hestings Morten in the direction of Langano. They were arrested at Aqaqi and all of them including Hestings Morten were killed..Under one circumstance or another.

The "assesa" zemecha started on the morning of Megabit 14, 1969 (March 1977).Apart from the Derg's security under Shaleqa Getachew Shebeshi, a principal EPRP listed target, the entire "qebele" structure and "abiyot tebeqa" (revolutionary squads", the Mass Organisational Office, had participated. Kiflu attributes the planning and execution of the "assesa" to Meison and the Mass Organisational Office". Lots of official declarations were issued advising the inhabitants of Addis Ababa not to leave their houses and move around. EPRP youth were arrested en masse

Many armed squads were killed..

What has Tesfaye decided to do? Where has he decided to hide? Finally Kiflu informs us of the improvised solution. Here is the complete account as told by Kiflu: It is important to read it carefully: (Kiflu, II, p.321)

"It was decided that Tesfaye should hide at the house of Berihun Marye, a member of the party who lives in Entoto. As the wife of Berihun is among the elected of the qebele

it was believed that there was more security at this house. However a day after the start of the "assesa" Berihun was told that his house will also be searched like any other. Hence another solution had to be found. They decided to pass the day at the office of his wife. At this time offices were not included in the search campaign or "assesa". And Berihun and Tesfaye proceed to the office of his wife. On their way Tesfaye wanted to stop at the house of Nuredin Mohamed and having stopped there Tesfaye asked Nuredin if he had seen Kiflu. Tesfaye promised to return and went to join Berihun. It is not known why Tesfaye came to the house of Nuredin. Perhaps he thought of hiding there and finding out another C.C member was already in hiding at the place he did not want to add the risk. we have discovered later the car in which Tesfaye was travelling was being followed by an "assash buden" ( a squad component running the "assesa") accompanied by a Meison cadre who knew Tesfaye…Tesfaye and Berihun who did not suspect that they were being followed arrived at their destination and entered the Kidane Beyene Building and proceeded to the office of Berihun's wife up stairs.. Suddenly Tesfaye will recognises at the place a Meison cadre and decided to leave the building immediately. He will run down the stairs to the ground floor, where he was met by the "assash buden" that has been following him. The search squad will open fire and kill Berihun immediately while shooting Tesfaye on the head. Tesfaye with his face covered with blood turns and takes the stairs up running. Upon reaching the 6th floor he will jump through a window thus falling to the ground dead."

That is the version told us by Kiflu. Here is what Dr. Negede Gobezie tells us about the affair. Negede was sent by Shaleqa Getachew Shibeshi , head of Derg security, to Kidane Building to assure if the dead person was indeed Tesfaye. Upon arriving he will meet the zonal qebele head, Zerihun Tekle also of Meison He place he will find

Will also find among other people rounded up by qebele Adanch Fesshaye sitting there among other people. The reader will remember who Adanech Fesshaye is. She is the so called "friend" "wife" etc. of Kiflu Tadesse who together with him is suspected of being in the service of the CIA since their student days in Moscow. She was there as all in the building were kept under guard by the qebele. Although she was shaken and vividly alarmed at being discovered there by Negede, Negede will pass her as if unnoticed and leave her in peace to live to this date. She will leave the building having shown, as usual, a fake identity. Now the question is What is Adanech doing at Kidane Building? Seeking safety?

When I told Zeru Kehshen a few weeks before his death that Negede has told me that Adanech Fessehaye was present in Kidane Building the day of the death of Tesfaye I cannot tell you the level of his shock and bewilderment. He could not believe me. He said it was not true. Having told him that I was insulted by his refusal to trust me, I called Negede right in front of him and without him suspecting that Zeru was listenning we heard the story all over again. I don't know if Negede will be angry with me for that. The poor Zeru was shocked. Tesfaye Debesay had come into a very large measure to personify the EPRP. It was as if the whole edifice he and his colleagues have been trying to build was indeed a fake. He was convinced that the killing of Tesfaye Debesay was arranged by Kilfu Tadesse and had placed Adanech Fessehaye at Kidane Building to identify him. In fact several people speak of a lady who is said to have called "Tesfaye, be ware" or something like to help the armed squad hunting him to identify him. At that Tesfaye would run up stairs. It may also be that Tesfaye who knew Zerihun Tekle , the Qebele head, in Europe as student activists, might have run upstairs seeing Zerihun surrounded by soliders. Zerihun , as we shall see later, was not aware who was in Kidane Building and why the soldiers drove him there. Above all Zeru was convinced of the plot arranged by Kiflu because Adanech has hidden to this date her presence at Kidane Building the day Tesfaye was killed. Non one in the EPRP knows about it. And as we have seen Kilfu Tadesse hides the fact completely in his volumes and tells us other stories. You may wish to know that Adanech Fishaye is an Irob like Tesfaye and Zeru and almost universally considered an outcast in the Irob community.. Zeru himself, with his pride in Irob identity and Ethiopianity, never mentioned to me the fact of her being an Irob. Zeru told me that Adanech indeed considered herself nor Ethiopian but Eritrean and supported the EPLF in its war against the TPLF (1998-2000). Until his death Zeru repeatedly called me to talk about it and pressing me to publish it. That is also why I dedicate this paper to the memory of Zeru Kehshen..

One irrefutable proof that the killing of Tesaye Debesay was arranged by EPRP itself comes from Menghistu Haile Mariam in person.

"Because of the terror and killing unleashed by EPRP there was no more security. I remember Gebeyaw Temesgen they shot him down at the gate of the Derg headquarters. The same fate was reserved to Negussie Negasa. They had infiltrated right to our centre. Our ministers were not able to go to their offices

No one was going to work. Many people have started to spend the night in at the Derg's headquarters.. We were calling barbers to our headquarters, because it had become too dangerous to go to town in search of a barber. As it was becoming impossible to go out to town for tea and we had to open a cafeteria inside the headquarters. No one had any security. We had to give a house, a car and arms to every family including the Meison leaders. We can not have guards for everybody. We did not have enough soldiers for that purpose. We were completely at a loss. The EPRP was then ( that is before Menghistu's victorious coup d'état) controlling more ore or less the whole Addis Ababa.

Therefore we have decided (after Menghistu's victory) drastic measures to put a stop to EPRP terror - (the "assesa". During the "assesa" the EPRP leader , Tesfaye Debesay was hiding in Addis Ababa at Philips Building

And co-ordinating terrorist assassination through telephone communication.

We have had the information regarding the whereabouts of Tesfaye Debesay from the EPRP itself."

(Guenet Ayele, Addis Ababa, 1994 (2992), p.206)

The information regarding the whereabouts of Tesfaye Debesay may have reached Menghistu who may have transmitted it to the Getachew Shibeshi of the Derg's security who will send his soldiers to Kidane Hentsa (as Kiflu says) or Philips Hentsa as Menghistu says. I am not sure if the two buildings are one and the same or two, because that is an important issue. Another important is that it is not the qebele of Zerihun or any other Meison group who showed the whereabouts of Tesfaye's hiding or did the killing as Kiflu implies. It was the soldiers themselves who had precise information and order who taking the qebele people with them drove direct to the building and on finding Tesfaye Debesay shot him , until he tried to escape and committed suicide.

According to Zeru it was Kiflu who indicated the hiding place of Tesfaye to the Derg. He told me his contact man in the Derg's polit-bureau was Shimeles Mazengia with whom he was in close contact. If that is true and if Kiflu was acting as the Derg's agent within the EPRP we should hold him accountable to the deaths of leaders of workers unions and youth association who one after another will be surprised in their hiding and killed. We have a glimpse of this suspicion in some other indicators.

The first one is the accusation of some CC members, and in particular Samuel Alemayehu , brother of Iyassu Alemayehu, against Kiflu Tadesse of some high treason. The case has exploded after Kiflu finally left Addis Ababa to join the others at Assimba.(Kiflu, III, p.297-298)

"Kiflu Tadesse was expelled from the polit bureau for over fifteen months

However that was kept secret from the person concerned. Samuel Alemayehu

Tried by all means to exclude me completely from leadership. But the other central committee members recommended that the case should be considered by confronting Kiflu and hearing his defence.. The case was connected with the "urban guerrilla! And terror measures taken by EPRP under Kiflu's direction in Addis Ababa. The case had started to be seen by three members of the CC: Zeru Kehshen, Tsegaye Gebre Medhin was taken up by the military complications in Assimba. So the case was left to Samuuel Alemayehu alone…After the closure of Assimba and the transfer of the base to northern Gondar) the charge against Kiflu regarding the terror measure was presented to the new enlarged CC and Kiflu was expelled completely from the EPRP leadership. They had agreed that I should not know about my expulsion from the C.C but only from the polit-bureau. In the same way Fikre Zergaw a CC member has been expelled for because suspected of having contacts with people accused of fomenting splinter groups and accused by the military leadership. Also in his case the decision to expel him was taken in his absence. With the new CC Samuel Alemayehu had become all powerful deciding on all affairs - he controlled the polit bureau, the secretariat, the guerrilla army business …."

Then continues on p.368.

"The long awaited EPRP CC plenum was finally held in Sene 1971 (June 1979) in Begemidre, in the Awraja of Chilga at a place called Walenta The meeting took two months. A few minutes before the plenum started Kiflu Tadesse was invited to attend.

When I arrived there I was told that I was expelled for the last fifteen months from the CC but now he has been restored to his former post. I was bewildered by this news which has kept hidden to me for the last fifteen months. I wanted to know my crime and why I have not been brought in public to defend myself. I understood that during the lasdt 15 months I was being surveyed in secret. Special detectives were assigned to follow my movements, my contacts where I spend my days and nights etc. It had been decided that if he was discovered committing the charges he was accused of the necessary measures were to be taken ( in EPRP terminology , capital punishment). Kiflu was being accused of having been responsible for the destruction of the whole of EPRP's political edifice in Addis Ababa. The defamation against Kiflu had grown to such a height that only very few people were willing to approach him or to talk to him. Circulars were sent to all EPRP zonal political and military officials in Begemidre have been warned of the danger of associating with Kiflu. I was being watched by "aine quragna" (an over all spying network)Kiflu has thus been thus isolated for a year and half. During that time I was not given any job responsibility. I received no assistance not even for food and other necessities. At the plenum Zeru who was there in the Sudan did not participate. (Zeru will never return and will be expelled from the party for unknown reasons)

That is all Kiflu has said about the charge against him . True to the nature of the EPRP we will continue to be kept in the dark until Samuel Alemayehu or some one else comes forward to tell us about the grave accusations against Kiflu Tadese.

But you can already see that the EPRP w3as no more It was only the skeleton that was moving around. With the death Tesfaye Debessay the EPRP may be said to have ended. The closure of the base at Assimba was equally an important marker of the end of the EPRP. .Practically all the founding CC members have either died or left the party. Zeru has left. Other prominent members including Abdisa Ayana, Gebru Mersha, Alem Ante, Ayal Sew, Colonel Alemayehu Asfaw….will all quit for good. It is a pity why with their wealth of information they are not participating ion our discussion.

The other major accusation against Kiflu will come following his publication of

he papers published outside following the publication of "That Generation, three volumes, in Amharic and in English, by Kiflu Tadesse. Here are the contents of two of these articles.

One of these papers entitled "Amhara Tetenqeq" (Watch out Amhara)

Written by Achenafi Aragaw (Ethiopian Register,August 1996), of Gondar, criticises mainly EPRP's policy on the national question, Walelegn's and Berhane Mesqel's right of nations and nationalities to self determination up to secession dividing Ethiopia into the "oppressor nation , Amhara" and the oppressed nations. Then comes more precisely to Kiflu's involvement in the politcal development in Western Gondar :

"Kiflu was an unruly uncontrollable person ("sed").After the departure of Berhane Mesqel , and the death of Getachew Maru and Tesfaye Debesay he was alone deciding on EPRP matters. While members in the country side were crying on the party to withdraw the urban guerrilla campaign of terror killing, as well as the slogan of people's government against the Derg, he did not want to hear or to see the reality he had pushed still further the terror campaign thus exposing the EPRP membership to harsh repression and death. It was at the end of that , that he left Addis Ababa to gpto Assimba to join the guerrilla forces in the field.

After leaving Addis and joining the guerrilla forces in the field, Kiflu continued

His plot to destroy the EPRP. At the moment wide discussions were going on regrding the party's military situation (which we have seen) and for the region where the EPRP zone of influence now in Begemidre was divided into three

1. Region 1 - Tselemt ,and [deleted] (Jan Amora)

2. Region 2 -Armachiho and Chelga

3. Region 3 - Belesa

With CC members co-ordinating large discussions were held in each region

The discussions in Region two were being conducted under the leadership

of Kiflu at Shinsha river on the border between Sudan and Ethiopia between 12/8/72 and

7/9/72 ( May 1978-June 1980)…However the organisation of the discussion forum was purposely intended to destroy the organisation and through divide and rule bring the parts into confrontation and bloodshed. There were three separate groups of discussion

1. For party members

2. For youth league members

3. For democrats

Such a division was unheard of in the history of the guerrilla fighters, where each was evaluated only as a guerrilla fighter. The guerrilla forces were therefore alarmed and frightened by what was in store for them. In the mean time a lot of disinformation was being poured by the delegates of Kiflu to divide and disrupt the EPRP force. Consequently many had decided not to attend the meeting and defected to the Sudan or to their native villages. On Genbot 12 , 1972 (>May 1980) two secret meetings were held -one by the party members, and another by the youth league, and decisions taken separately. Among the assignment given to the Youth league was kitchen responsibility toprepare food for "party members." The problem started when "party members" finished their meetings and found no food was prepared for them, as the youth league refused to be their servants. The next day Genbot 13, the youth league blocked the continuation of the meeting until their demands were satisfied. And their demands wee 1.Why have you divided the guerrilla forces, 2.Is this meeting to save the EPRPO or to destroy it further ; Who will take the responsibility for what happens as a result of this division.3. Is it the Delegation (leuk) or the CC itself that made the decision to divide the forces into three. The delegation members ask to consult with Ato Kiflu for any response and Kiflu responds by saying he has to consult the rest of the CC. In the meantime 75% of the membership started leaving with great bitterness. The rest started meeting together from Genbiot 14, to sene 6, without waiting for the response of Kiflu

Another article entitled "What do you want that generation to do" by a former unnamed EPRP member in Australia wrote in Tobia, (Vol.7, no.7, 1992 or 2000) who had spent ten years of his life in prison, in company of Assefa Chebo, because of his association with the EPRP, and swears "semun yanesa ( ie.EPRP) wesho yehun" (an Ethiopian swearing expressing once of utter disillusion with a person: "Let him who pronounces the name EPRP be turned into a dog"). He tells us that his name "Ayele" was the household name of EPRP members published repeatedly in praise of the his heroic acts, and tells us he was the winner of EPRP's first hero patriot medal. After repeatedly referring as "zerkerek" ( hectic) a word which many use to describe EPRP , the writer goes on to say:

"It could not be denied that placing ourselves behind the Derg, we have been pushing pushing it in the name of "revolution", to execute former officials, pushed the youth to be crashed by the tank. With the same mouth that we have cried "victory to EPRP" we said "death to EPRP" When I consider that the writer Kiflu was one of my leaders what anger and desperation seizes me. Any one who sees me will pity me seeing much older than my age having sacrificed my youth to the EPRP. This is the leader who has declared war on the Derg, without taking into consideration its capabilities , its force, forgetful of the difference between the _Derg which was fighting with Klashinkov and EPRP defending itself with 38 calibre pistol. I am certain that the lies and propaganda being spread in those years was all the work of Kiflu. The Derg is breaking up into seven parts;' 'Our victory is close' If the youth that has sacrificed their life came out of the tomb to see that EPRP's Tito and Alemayehu had signed a secret accord with Colonel Shetaye and Shaleqa Negash, he will certainly opt to go back to his tomb. (After denouncing EPRP's collaboration with the Eritrean secessionists and Somal invaders, the writer turns back to EPRP internal situation) We have been killing qebele leaders when we could have won them back to our side. While the government has been torturing prisoners he was keeping them under shelter in prison. We on the other hand have been torturing prisoners, beating them , destroying their faces by hammering on them with the [deleted] of pistols to kill them in the morning. What stop the Ethiopian people from asking "Let EPRP leaders be brought to justice!' Leaders like Getachew Maru one of the founders of the EPRP, because he said 'We are making mistakes. We are uselessly exposing the youth to death. Let us correct, rectify our stand', he was executed by order of Ato Kiflu and co., his face burnt, and his corpse thrown away. Ato Kiflu and co. are also to beheld responsible for the death of Berhane Mesqel ( captured in the woods and killed by the Derg together with Haile Fida in and others in 1977-78). The blood shed of Tewodros (labour leader), Shewaleul, Fikre Merid, Enderyas and other EPRP

opponent martyrs, killed by EPRP is not the blood of a hen. A day will come when

'antem muqecha, muqecha west geba" will come true."

By way of conclusion, because of all these crimes committed against the Ethiopian people by the EPRP leadership, by people like Kiflu in particular, In the name of the high sense of justice of the Ethiopians I call upon the APC to expel the EPRP from the APC. I call upon all Ethiopian political parties and civil societies to break their contacts with the EPRP. Such a noble and patriotic measure shall be recorded in history as the beginning , if not of democracy and unity, at least of the beginning of a national independent discussion among Ethiopians, free of imperialist hegemony, regarding the crucial issues of their liberty and sovereignity. In case our call for the expulsion of the EPRP fails to get listening ears in the APC, the ENC cannot escape sharing responsibility for any decision that will be taken by the APC in the name of the EPRP.

Aleme Eshete

Rome, 12-07-03

THE END

http://danielkibru.tripod.com/Alem6a.htm
Last edited by Senait on 01 Apr 2013, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

Senait

Re: Who arranged the killing of Dr. Tesfay Debesay? Intriguing revelations by Dr. Aleme Eshete...

Post by Senait » 01 Apr 2013, 18:54

It would be interesting to hear what some of the familiar individuals who are mentioned in this paper will have to say about the allegations...

S

Meches Malgodeni

Re: Who arranged the killing of Dr. Tesfay Debesay? Intriguing revelations by Prof. Aleme Eshete...

Post by Meches Malgodeni » 01 Apr 2013, 19:13

Kiflu Taddesse's name is also mentioned in the killing of Berhan Meskel Reda. From my understanding Tesfaye Debesay, Berhane Meskel Reda and their followers came to the conclusion that the party should change tact and start rural to urban struggle like TPLF. Kiflu Tadesse and his anja wanted to continue the urban girgir. This chasm gotten so big and intractable that Kiflu Tadesse's faction decided to rat out the Tesfaye Debessay faction to derg. At least that is the way the story is told.

Dejazmch of Tigrai
Member+

Re: Who arranged the killing of Dr. Tesfay Debesay? Intriguing revelations by Prof. Aleme Eshete...

Post by Dejazmch of Tigrai » 01 Apr 2013, 19:17

Senait wrote:WHO ARRANGED THE KILLING OF TESFAYE DEBESAY - EPRP SECRETARY GENERAL - THE EPRP ITSELF?

Dedicated to Zeru Kehshen

Upon the announcement of the date of the Derg's "assessa" a number of C.C members including Zeru and Tselote Hezqeyas were sent to Tigrai for security reasons. Some 40 others were sent to the interior of Shoa (Kiflu, II, 317). Kiflu was the man responsible both for conducting the killing operation in the White Terror-Red Terror so called "urban guerrilla", as well as for supervising the security of EPRP leaders. But as we have said at the beginning no contingency plan was prepared at all for such an eventuality as an over all house to house "assesa" and "demssesa" as the Derg now intended to do. Kiflu tells us that they had organised a places of retreat for safe asylum in Merhabete but that that place is now taken by Berhane Mesqel etc.(Kiflu , II, p.317 Thus according to Kiflu tells several prominent leaders of the party had to make their own arrangements to escape the threat of the "assesa". It was decided to spend a few days in the residence of some diplomats, only Kiflu Tadesse and Tesfaye Debesay remained in Addis. Tesfaye is said to have decided to remain in Addis to prepare the forthcoming negotiations with the ELF-EPLF recognising officially their right to secession as finally approved at their last C.C meeting of February 1977. (Kiflu, II, p.302-304,320). It is also said that Tesfaye as Secretary General of the party did not want to abandon his flock at such a critical moment wanted to be present to supervise their security to the limit possible and share their tribulations. However after two days the diplomats who kept Tesfaye were afraid that the qebele revolutionary squad may break into their residence irrespective of the international law and cause problem : Hence they asked him to leave. : Kiflu Tells us that one of the employees - a lady -wanted to know who Tesfaye was and what he was doing there at that time -worried the diplomats. (Kiflu II, p.317). We believe the embassy is the Egyptian embassy as after his death the Ethiopian lady secretary of the Egyptian embassy has identified him as a close friend of the Egyptian ambassador and frequenter of the Egyptian embassy.

A few days before the "assesa" Tesfaye was also seen by a Meison cadre in the car of Dr. Berhane Gebray: I now understand that Berhane Gebray is an Irob and belonging to a prominent Catholic family. With Tesfaye, they are very close family friends and only that could explain Berhane Gebrai's decision to carry such a highly wanted person as Tesfaye in his car. Given the close proximity between Fesseha Desta of the Derg and Berhane Gebrai, Meison did not dare take measures against Berhane Gebray to hand over Tesfaye. We are not sure if Tesfaye's choice of his final hiding place in "Kidane hentsa" "Philips hentsa" is related to Berhane Gebray or not.

The important point is that Tesfaye was left without any sure place to hide. It was also during this period of terror that Yohannes Berhane , Melaku Marqos, an economist and lecturer at Addis Ababa University, Nega Ayele another University lecturer all prominent members of the EPRP, were arrested while trying to leave Addis Ababa in the car of Dr. William Hestings Morten in the direction of Langano. They were arrested at Aqaqi and all of them including Hestings Morten were killed..Under one circumstance or another.

The "assesa" zemecha started on the morning of Megabit 14, 1969 (March 1977).Apart from the Derg's security under Shaleqa Getachew Shebeshi, a principal EPRP listed target, the entire "qebele" structure and "abiyot tebeqa" (revolutionary squads", the Mass Organisational Office, had participated. Kiflu attributes the planning and execution of the "assesa" to Meison and the Mass Organisational Office". Lots of official declarations were issued advising the inhabitants of Addis Ababa not to leave their houses and move around. EPRP youth were arrested en masse

Many armed squads were killed..

What has Tesfaye decided to do? Where has he decided to hide? Finally Kiflu informs us of the improvised solution. Here is the complete account as told by Kiflu: It is important to read it carefully: (Kiflu, II, p.321)

"It was decided that Tesfaye should hide at the house of Berihun Marye, a member of the party who lives in Entoto. As the wife of Berihun is among the elected of the qebele

it was believed that there was more security at this house. However a day after the start of the "assesa" Berihun was told that his house will also be searched like any other. Hence another solution had to be found. They decided to pass the day at the office of his wife. At this time offices were not included in the search campaign or "assesa". And Berihun and Tesfaye proceed to the office of his wife. On their way Tesfaye wanted to stop at the house of Nuredin Mohamed and having stopped there Tesfaye asked Nuredin if he had seen Kiflu. Tesfaye promised to return and went to join Berihun. It is not known why Tesfaye came to the house of Nuredin. Perhaps he thought of hiding there and finding out another C.C member was already in hiding at the place he did not want to add the risk. we have discovered later the car in which Tesfaye was travelling was being followed by an "assash buden" ( a squad component running the "assesa") accompanied by a Meison cadre who knew Tesfaye…Tesfaye and Berihun who did not suspect that they were being followed arrived at their destination and entered the Kidane Beyene Building and proceeded to the office of Berihun's wife up stairs.. Suddenly Tesfaye will recognises at the place a Meison cadre and decided to leave the building immediately. He will run down the stairs to the ground floor, where he was met by the "assash buden" that has been following him. The search squad will open fire and kill Berihun immediately while shooting Tesfaye on the head. Tesfaye with his face covered with blood turns and takes the stairs up running. Upon reaching the 6th floor he will jump through a window thus falling to the ground dead."

That is the version told us by Kiflu. Here is what Dr. Negede Gobezie tells us about the affair. Negede was sent by Shaleqa Getachew Shibeshi , head of Derg security, to Kidane Building to assure if the dead person was indeed Tesfaye. Upon arriving he will meet the zonal qebele head, Zerihun Tekle also of Meison He place he will find

Will also find among other people rounded up by qebele Adanch Fesshaye sitting there among other people. The reader will remember who Adanech Fesshaye is. She is the so called "friend" "wife" etc. of Kiflu Tadesse who together with him is suspected of being in the service of the CIA since their student days in Moscow. She was there as all in the building were kept under guard by the qebele. Although she was shaken and vividly alarmed at being discovered there by Negede, Negede will pass her as if unnoticed and leave her in peace to live to this date. She will leave the building having shown, as usual, a fake identity. Now the question is What is Adanech doing at Kidane Building? Seeking safety?

When I told Zeru Kehshen a few weeks before his death that Negede has told me that Adanech Fessehaye was present in Kidane Building the day of the death of Tesfaye I cannot tell you the level of his shock and bewilderment. He could not believe me. He said it was not true. Having told him that I was insulted by his refusal to trust me, I called Negede right in front of him and without him suspecting that Zeru was listenning we heard the story all over again. I don't know if Negede will be angry with me for that. The poor Zeru was shocked. Tesfaye Debesay had come into a very large measure to personify the EPRP. It was as if the whole edifice he and his colleagues have been trying to build was indeed a fake. He was convinced that the killing of Tesfaye Debesay was arranged by Kilfu Tadesse and had placed Adanech Fessehaye at Kidane Building to identify him. In fact several people speak of a lady who is said to have called "Tesfaye, be ware" or something like to help the armed squad hunting him to identify him. At that Tesfaye would run up stairs. It may also be that Tesfaye who knew Zerihun Tekle , the Qebele head, in Europe as student activists, might have run upstairs seeing Zerihun surrounded by soliders. Zerihun , as we shall see later, was not aware who was in Kidane Building and why the soldiers drove him there. Above all Zeru was convinced of the plot arranged by Kiflu because Adanech has hidden to this date her presence at Kidane Building the day Tesfaye was killed. Non one in the EPRP knows about it. And as we have seen Kilfu Tadesse hides the fact completely in his volumes and tells us other stories. You may wish to know that Adanech Fishaye is an Irob like Tesfaye and Zeru and almost universally considered an outcast in the Irob community.. Zeru himself, with his pride in Irob identity and Ethiopianity, never mentioned to me the fact of her being an Irob. Zeru told me that Adanech indeed considered herself nor Ethiopian but Eritrean and supported the EPLF in its war against the TPLF (1998-2000). Until his death Zeru repeatedly called me to talk about it and pressing me to publish it. That is also why I dedicate this paper to the memory of Zeru Kehshen..

One irrefutable proof that the killing of Tesaye Debesay was arranged by EPRP itself comes from Menghistu Haile Mariam in person.

"Because of the terror and killing unleashed by EPRP there was no more security. I remember Gebeyaw Temesgen they shot him down at the gate of the Derg headquarters. The same fate was reserved to Negussie Negasa. They had infiltrated right to our centre. Our ministers were not able to go to their offices

No one was going to work. Many people have started to spend the night in at the Derg's headquarters.. We were calling barbers to our headquarters, because it had become too dangerous to go to town in search of a barber. As it was becoming impossible to go out to town for tea and we had to open a cafeteria inside the headquarters. No one had any security. We had to give a house, a car and arms to every family including the Meison leaders. We can not have guards for everybody. We did not have enough soldiers for that purpose. We were completely at a loss. The EPRP was then ( that is before Menghistu's victorious coup d'état) controlling more ore or less the whole Addis Ababa.

Therefore we have decided (after Menghistu's victory) drastic measures to put a stop to EPRP terror - (the "assesa". During the "assesa" the EPRP leader , Tesfaye Debesay was hiding in Addis Ababa at Philips Building

And co-ordinating terrorist assassination through telephone communication.

We have had the information regarding the whereabouts of Tesfaye Debesay from the EPRP itself."

(Guenet Ayele, Addis Ababa, 1994 (2992), p.206)

The information regarding the whereabouts of Tesfaye Debesay may have reached Menghistu who may have transmitted it to the Getachew Shibeshi of the Derg's security who will send his soldiers to Kidane Hentsa (as Kiflu says) or Philips Hentsa as Menghistu says. I am not sure if the two buildings are one and the same or two, because that is an important issue. Another important is that it is not the qebele of Zerihun or any other Meison group who showed the whereabouts of Tesfaye's hiding or did the killing as Kiflu implies. It was the soldiers themselves who had precise information and order who taking the qebele people with them drove direct to the building and on finding Tesfaye Debesay shot him , until he tried to escape and committed suicide.

According to Zeru it was Kiflu who indicated the hiding place of Tesfaye to the Derg. He told me his contact man in the Derg's polit-bureau was Shimeles Mazengia with whom he was in close contact. If that is true and if Kiflu was acting as the Derg's agent within the EPRP we should hold him accountable to the deaths of leaders of workers unions and youth association who one after another will be surprised in their hiding and killed. We have a glimpse of this suspicion in some other indicators.

The first one is the accusation of some CC members, and in particular Samuel Alemayehu , brother of Iyassu Alemayehu, against Kiflu Tadesse of some high treason. The case has exploded after Kiflu finally left Addis Ababa to join the others at Assimba.(Kiflu, III, p.297-298)

"Kiflu Tadesse was expelled from the polit bureau for over fifteen months

However that was kept secret from the person concerned. Samuel Alemayehu

Tried by all means to exclude me completely from leadership. But the other central committee members recommended that the case should be considered by confronting Kiflu and hearing his defence.. The case was connected with the "urban guerrilla! And terror measures taken by EPRP under Kiflu's direction in Addis Ababa. The case had started to be seen by three members of the CC: Zeru Kehshen, Tsegaye Gebre Medhin was taken up by the military complications in Assimba. So the case was left to Samuuel Alemayehu alone…After the closure of Assimba and the transfer of the base to northern Gondar) the charge against Kiflu regarding the terror measure was presented to the new enlarged CC and Kiflu was expelled completely from the EPRP leadership. They had agreed that I should not know about my expulsion from the C.C but only from the polit-bureau. In the same way Fikre Zergaw a CC member has been expelled for because suspected of having contacts with people accused of fomenting splinter groups and accused by the military leadership. Also in his case the decision to expel him was taken in his absence. With the new CC Samuel Alemayehu had become all powerful deciding on all affairs - he controlled the polit bureau, the secretariat, the guerrilla army business …."

Then continues on p.368.

"The long awaited EPRP CC plenum was finally held in Sene 1971 (June 1979) in Begemidre, in the Awraja of Chilga at a place called Walenta The meeting took two months. A few minutes before the plenum started Kiflu Tadesse was invited to attend.

When I arrived there I was told that I was expelled for the last fifteen months from the CC but now he has been restored to his former post. I was bewildered by this news which has kept hidden to me for the last fifteen months. I wanted to know my crime and why I have not been brought in public to defend myself. I understood that during the lasdt 15 months I was being surveyed in secret. Special detectives were assigned to follow my movements, my contacts where I spend my days and nights etc. It had been decided that if he was discovered committing the charges he was accused of the necessary measures were to be taken ( in EPRP terminology , capital punishment). Kiflu was being accused of having been responsible for the destruction of the whole of EPRP's political edifice in Addis Ababa. The defamation against Kiflu had grown to such a height that only very few people were willing to approach him or to talk to him. Circulars were sent to all EPRP zonal political and military officials in Begemidre have been warned of the danger of associating with Kiflu. I was being watched by "aine quragna" (an over all spying network)Kiflu has thus been thus isolated for a year and half. During that time I was not given any job responsibility. I received no assistance not even for food and other necessities. At the plenum Zeru who was there in the Sudan did not participate. (Zeru will never return and will be expelled from the party for unknown reasons)

That is all Kiflu has said about the charge against him . True to the nature of the EPRP we will continue to be kept in the dark until Samuel Alemayehu or some one else comes forward to tell us about the grave accusations against Kiflu Tadese.

But you can already see that the EPRP w3as no more It was only the skeleton that was moving around. With the death Tesfaye Debessay the EPRP may be said to have ended. The closure of the base at Assimba was equally an important marker of the end of the EPRP. .Practically all the founding CC members have either died or left the party. Zeru has left. Other prominent members including Abdisa Ayana, Gebru Mersha, Alem Ante, Ayal Sew, Colonel Alemayehu Asfaw….will all quit for good. It is a pity why with their wealth of information they are not participating ion our discussion.

The other major accusation against Kiflu will come following his publication of

he papers published outside following the publication of "That Generation, three volumes, in Amharic and in English, by Kiflu Tadesse. Here are the contents of two of these articles.

One of these papers entitled "Amhara Tetenqeq" (Watch out Amhara)

Written by Achenafi Aragaw (Ethiopian Register,August 1996), of Gondar, criticises mainly EPRP's policy on the national question, Walelegn's and Berhane Mesqel's right of nations and nationalities to self determination up to secession dividing Ethiopia into the "oppressor nation , Amhara" and the oppressed nations. Then comes more precisely to Kiflu's involvement in the politcal development in Western Gondar :

"Kiflu was an unruly uncontrollable person ("sed").After the departure of Berhane Mesqel , and the death of Getachew Maru and Tesfaye Debesay he was alone deciding on EPRP matters. While members in the country side were crying on the party to withdraw the urban guerrilla campaign of terror killing, as well as the slogan of people's government against the Derg, he did not want to hear or to see the reality he had pushed still further the terror campaign thus exposing the EPRP membership to harsh repression and death. It was at the end of that , that he left Addis Ababa to gpto Assimba to join the guerrilla forces in the field.

After leaving Addis and joining the guerrilla forces in the field, Kiflu continued

His plot to destroy the EPRP. At the moment wide discussions were going on regrding the party's military situation (which we have seen) and for the region where the EPRP zone of influence now in Begemidre was divided into three

1. Region 1 - Tselemt ,and [deleted] (Jan Amora)

2. Region 2 -Armachiho and Chelga

3. Region 3 - Belesa

With CC members co-ordinating large discussions were held in each region

The discussions in Region two were being conducted under the leadership

of Kiflu at Shinsha river on the border between Sudan and Ethiopia between 12/8/72 and

7/9/72 ( May 1978-June 1980)…However the organisation of the discussion forum was purposely intended to destroy the organisation and through divide and rule bring the parts into confrontation and bloodshed. There were three separate groups of discussion

1. For party members

2. For youth league members

3. For democrats

Such a division was unheard of in the history of the guerrilla fighters, where each was evaluated only as a guerrilla fighter. The guerrilla forces were therefore alarmed and frightened by what was in store for them. In the mean time a lot of disinformation was being poured by the delegates of Kiflu to divide and disrupt the EPRP force. Consequently many had decided not to attend the meeting and defected to the Sudan or to their native villages. On Genbot 12 , 1972 (>May 1980) two secret meetings were held -one by the party members, and another by the youth league, and decisions taken separately. Among the assignment given to the Youth league was kitchen responsibility toprepare food for "party members." The problem started when "party members" finished their meetings and found no food was prepared for them, as the youth league refused to be their servants. The next day Genbot 13, the youth league blocked the continuation of the meeting until their demands were satisfied. And their demands wee 1.Why have you divided the guerrilla forces, 2.Is this meeting to save the EPRPO or to destroy it further ; Who will take the responsibility for what happens as a result of this division.3. Is it the Delegation (leuk) or the CC itself that made the decision to divide the forces into three. The delegation members ask to consult with Ato Kiflu for any response and Kiflu responds by saying he has to consult the rest of the CC. In the meantime 75% of the membership started leaving with great bitterness. The rest started meeting together from Genbiot 14, to sene 6, without waiting for the response of Kiflu

Another article entitled "What do you want that generation to do" by a former unnamed EPRP member in Australia wrote in Tobia, (Vol.7, no.7, 1992 or 2000) who had spent ten years of his life in prison, in company of Assefa Chebo, because of his association with the EPRP, and swears "semun yanesa ( ie.EPRP) wesho yehun" (an Ethiopian swearing expressing once of utter disillusion with a person: "Let him who pronounces the name EPRP be turned into a dog"). He tells us that his name "Ayele" was the household name of EPRP members published repeatedly in praise of the his heroic acts, and tells us he was the winner of EPRP's first hero patriot medal. After repeatedly referring as "zerkerek" ( hectic) a word which many use to describe EPRP , the writer goes on to say:

"It could not be denied that placing ourselves behind the Derg, we have been pushing pushing it in the name of "revolution", to execute former officials, pushed the youth to be crashed by the tank. With the same mouth that we have cried "victory to EPRP" we said "death to EPRP" When I consider that the writer Kiflu was one of my leaders what anger and desperation seizes me. Any one who sees me will pity me seeing much older than my age having sacrificed my youth to the EPRP. This is the leader who has declared war on the Derg, without taking into consideration its capabilities , its force, forgetful of the difference between the _Derg which was fighting with Klashinkov and EPRP defending itself with 38 calibre pistol. I am certain that the lies and propaganda being spread in those years was all the work of Kiflu. The Derg is breaking up into seven parts;' 'Our victory is close' If the youth that has sacrificed their life came out of the tomb to see that EPRP's Tito and Alemayehu had signed a secret accord with Colonel Shetaye and Shaleqa Negash, he will certainly opt to go back to his tomb. (After denouncing EPRP's collaboration with the Eritrean secessionists and Somal invaders, the writer turns back to EPRP internal situation) We have been killing qebele leaders when we could have won them back to our side. While the government has been torturing prisoners he was keeping them under shelter in prison. We on the other hand have been torturing prisoners, beating them , destroying their faces by hammering on them with the [deleted] of pistols to kill them in the morning. What stop the Ethiopian people from asking "Let EPRP leaders be brought to justice!' Leaders like Getachew Maru one of the founders of the EPRP, because he said 'We are making mistakes. We are uselessly exposing the youth to death. Let us correct, rectify our stand', he was executed by order of Ato Kiflu and co., his face burnt, and his corpse thrown away. Ato Kiflu and co. are also to beheld responsible for the death of Berhane Mesqel ( captured in the woods and killed by the Derg together with Haile Fida in and others in 1977-78). The blood shed of Tewodros (labour leader), Shewaleul, Fikre Merid, Enderyas and other EPRP

opponent martyrs, killed by EPRP is not the blood of a hen. A day will come when

'antem muqecha, muqecha west geba" will come true."

By way of conclusion, because of all these crimes committed against the Ethiopian people by the EPRP leadership, by people like Kiflu in particular, In the name of the high sense of justice of the Ethiopians I call upon the APC to expel the EPRP from the APC. I call upon all Ethiopian political parties and civil societies to break their contacts with the EPRP. Such a noble and patriotic measure shall be recorded in history as the beginning , if not of democracy and unity, at least of the beginning of a national independent discussion among Ethiopians, free of imperialist hegemony, regarding the crucial issues of their liberty and sovereignity. In case our call for the expulsion of the EPRP fails to get listening ears in the APC, the ENC cannot escape sharing responsibility for any decision that will be taken by the APC in the name of the EPRP.

Aleme Eshete

Rome, 12-07-03

THE END

http://danielkibru.tripod.com/Alem6a.htm
EPRP, DERG, MIESION were the beasts that landed up on Ethiopia, I am glad, they are now beaten to death and buried for good, Ethiopia doesn't deserve the above three, thanks to almighty God, they are buried 100 feet under.

Senait

Post by Senait » 01 Apr 2013, 19:30

Meches Malgodeni wrote:Kiflu Taddesse's name is also mentioned in the killing of Berhan Meskel Reda. From my understanding Tesfaye Debesay, Berhane Meskel Reda and their followers came to the conclusion that the party should change tact and start rural to urban struggle like TPLF. Kiflu Tadesse and his anja wanted to continue the urban girgir. This chasm gotten so big and intractable that Kiflu Tadesse's faction decided to rat out the Tesfaye Debessay faction to derg. At least that is the way the story is told.
If Adanech Fissihaye, the current VOA reporter, was there when Tesfaye was killed and was left unharmed as narrated in the essay, I assume she will have important information as to what transpired on that date...am not sure if she has ever spoken about this...

S

Meches Malgodeni

Post by Meches Malgodeni » 01 Apr 2013, 19:34

I am not sure about her. The article you posted seems to be a hatched job directed at her for whatever reason.

Meches Malgodeni

Post by Meches Malgodeni » 01 Apr 2013, 19:38

I must admit though, she comes across as Eritrea friendly. :mrgreen:

Dejazmch of Tigrai
Member+

Post by Dejazmch of Tigrai » 01 Apr 2013, 19:38

Any body who participated with DERG, EHAPA (EPRP), MEISON is a criminal and greatest enemy of the state of Ethiopia and the people of Ethiopia, thanks to the sons of [deleted] with in addis ababa university (both students and teachers) who prior to 1974, had traveled to foreign countries to be indoctrinated to destroy their own country that educated them, fed them and made them dignified Ethiopians. But in return they brought shame and dishonor to our people our state and our proud country, thanks to them for the first time, Ethiopia became beggar, for the first time Ethiopia was known for famine, for the first time more than 2 million people perished b/c of civil war, for the first time, terror landed up on our beloved country and her people. Thanks to almighty God, they were destroyed with lightining speed and now the very people who waged the revolution that destroyed our Ethiopia in the 1974, never never had a dignified life, 40 years later the instigaters with in EHAPA and Meison never had a life in Ethiopia, they live out of their mother land, with the most abhorring condition, never enjoyed the beautiful life that average Ethiopians enjoy. They are the most disgraceful Ethiopians ever to walk our sacred country.

Senait

Post by Senait » 01 Apr 2013, 19:42

Meches Malgodeni wrote:I am not sure about her. The article you posted seems to be a hatched job directed at her for whatever reason.
I think the principal target of the article is Kiflu Tadesse...it seems Adanech is brought in there because the author assumes she was his wife/girlfriend...that is why I found the article intriguing because I have heard some of the rumors about Kiflu in the past as you mentioned above but I have never heard of her presence in the story...

S
Last edited by Senait on 01 Apr 2013, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

Senait

Post by Senait » 01 Apr 2013, 19:44

Meches Malgodeni wrote:I must admit though, she comes across as Eritrea friendly. :mrgreen:
I think she is half Eritrean half Irob but yes she is 'eritrea friendly' by choice...

S

Dejazmch of Tigrai
Member+

Post by Dejazmch of Tigrai » 01 Apr 2013, 19:45

Disgraced EPRP AND DERG, MEISON, beaten to death and buried. Shameful

Meches Malgodeni

Post by Meches Malgodeni » 01 Apr 2013, 19:50

People who know Kiflu Tadesse say he is uncomfortable talking about the anja conflict. I am not sure if he discussed it in his books. Unfortunately I didn't read them. I have had a chance to meet him. I found him to be polite, ambitious and a bit shewa centric.

Senait

Post by Senait » 01 Apr 2013, 20:29

Meches Malgodeni wrote:People who know Kiflu Tadesse say he is uncomfortable talking about the anja conflict. I am not sure if he discussed it in his books. Unfortunately I didn't read them. I have had a chance to meet him. I found him to be polite, ambitious and a bit shewa centric.
he is a smart man and he should be thanked for documenting at least a partial account of what went on in that fateful period..but his account of the events is not free from biases and others will have to chip in the details so that the public can get a more complete picture of the story..

S

Shewit
Member+

Post by Shewit » 01 Apr 2013, 21:17

SenayiT:
Many thanks for posting the article which narrates that painful part of the past. It is sad to see so many people had to die in vain. Reading the article made me raise many questions including the death of Getachew Maru, BerhaneMesqel Reda, and if the women by the name Adanch Fesshaye is alive today. As all of the EPRP leaders are dead, it would have been good if the few ones are willing to shade the light. Dergi and EPRP were in many share many similar characters. Both were undemocratic, killed so many people without due process and both had thirst for power. They were too ideal as opposed to realist and that was the reason why EPRP focused on recruiting the urban youth. TPLF, on the other hand, was pragmatic and malleable for the achievement of the shared goal. It pains me a lot to think of the people who died due to the adventurous and reckless policies of EPRP. Is Adanech still alive?

Senait

Post by Senait » 01 Apr 2013, 22:58

Shewit wrote:SenayiT:
Many thanks for posting the article which narrates that painful part of the past. It is sad to see so many people had to die in vain. Reading the article made me raise many questions including the death of Getachew Maru, BerhaneMesqel Reda, and if the women by the name Adanch Fesshaye is alive today. As all of the EPRP leaders are dead, it would have been good if the few ones are willing to shade the light. Dergi and EPRP were in many share many similar characters. Both were undemocratic, killed so many people without due process and both had thirst for power. They were too ideal as opposed to realist and that was the reason why EPRP focused on recruiting the urban youth. TPLF, on the other hand, was pragmatic and malleable for the achievement of the shared goal. It pains me a lot to think of the people who died due to the adventurous and reckless policies of EPRP. Is Adanech still alive?

Adanech works for the VOA Amharic service and she is regularly on the air...I'll be surprised if she is not already familiar with the strong allegations contained in this article since the article was published in 2003...I'm not sure she tried to address these when they came out but I believe somebody will ask her questions about these in the future...

I partly agree with you that a lot of blood was spilled in vain in that fateful period of our history...the idea of 'scientific communism' has blinded so many people who were mostly good-heated and had novel intentions for the progress our nation...all sides thought only their view was right and did not hesitate to destroy anyone they thought was in their way...no political group rooted in the political culture of the 1960s including the TPLF is clean from the sin but lets hope that chapter of our history is closed never to be seen again except in the history books...

S

Semira
Member+

Post by Semira » 02 Apr 2013, 09:34

Senait,

That was a good read. thanks for sharing. we want discussions like this. by the way, i do remember very well the incident of tesfaye jumping from philips hintsa. i was a 7th grade student at fre-hiwot school and lived in geja sefer (three blocks from the area). folks at EPRP need to write such events to help the future generation on why the country went the direction it went through after such episodes

best

Chelataw

Post by Chelataw » 02 Apr 2013, 09:51

Semira wrote:That was a good read. thanks for sharing. we want discussions like this. by the way, i do remember very well the incident of tesfaye jumping from philips hintsa. i was a 7th grade student at fre-hiwot school and lived in geja sefer (three blocks from the area). folks at EPRP need to write such events to help the future generation on why the country went the direction it went through after such episodes

According to google Dr Tesfay Debessay died in 1977. Semira Gefih Mitra was grade 7 (atleast 13 year old) in 1977 which makes her 50 year old postmenopausal woman now. Not only is she Gefih Metra, she is Nekats Metra too. :lol: :lol: Defnitely needs hormone replacement therapyy and a bucket of estrogen [deleted] cream. :lol: :lol:

Fayon

Post by Fayon » 02 Apr 2013, 10:08

Chelataw wrote:
Semira wrote:That was a good read. thanks for sharing. we want discussions like this. by the way, i do remember very well the incident of tesfaye jumping from philips hintsa. i was a 7th grade student at fre-hiwot school and lived in geja sefer (three blocks from the area). folks at EPRP need to write such events to help the future generation on why the country went the direction it went through after such episodes

According to google Dr Tesfay Debessay died in 1977. Semira Gefih Mitra was grade 7 (atleast 13 year old) in 1977 which makes her 50 year old postmenopausal woman now. Not only is she Gefih Metra, she is Nekats Metra too. :lol: :lol: Defnitely needs hormone replacement therapyy and a bucket of estrogen [deleted] cream. :lol: :lol:
lol..that is what exactly came into my mind. Comparing that I was 5th grade when shabia conqured our country (1990 E.C), I felt I am spending my time with very old people in this forum. Unlucky of me. Time to move out!

Fed_Up

Post by Fed_Up » 02 Apr 2013, 10:11

Chelataw wrote:

You would be lucky if you hit that age..folks like you who raised poor and malnourished from Tigray will definitely impossible to hit middle age.

By the way in year 1977 you were walking skeleton inside SEFFERA TABIA while semira enjoying her middle school learning. Kefu atanagren abbo. :evil: