Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Za Dengel

Please help me find this Oromo song

Post by Za Dengel » 17 Apr 2019, 09:42

It’s by Ali Birra and it says “ታኤ ሴና ኢሳ በበሬሳ”. I’ve little portion of it but I want the full. Yabello you know much about Oromo music please give me the song link.

yaballo

Re: Please help me find this Oromo song

Post by yaballo » 17 Apr 2019, 10:43

Za-Dengel,

No problem. Happy to be of some assistance. I myself prefer many of the old varieties of songs from Ethiopia (including Oromo ones), Somalia, Sudan, etc. But, I think the song you're after is called: "Karaan Manni Abba Gadaa Eesa" [ roughly, = "የአባ ጋዳ ቤት መንገድ የትኛው ነው?" ወይም "የአባ ጋዳ ቤት ወዴት ነው?"] & there are few versions of the same on YouTube.

The phrase you used/quoted - “ታኤ ሴና ኢሳ በበሬሳ”- is part of the song's lyric. Here are some links to few versions of this song that I found on YouTube but you can find others by using the title of the song "Karaan Manni Abba Gadaa Eesa". Of course, different posters use different manners of spelling the title of Ethiopian, Somali, Sudanese, etc, songs to frustrate those looking for songs. Good Luck.

1- video/music - Ali Birra - Karaan Manni Abba Gadaa Eesa.

2- video/music: Ali Birra - Karaan Mana Abbaa Gadaa eessa (Oromo Music). [a better sounding version by Ali Birra - sang at a concert].

3- video/music: a version I like better - in a traditional Hararghe-Oromo style - & is by another artist. [Oromo Music - Mahdi Sheka - Manni Abbaa Gadaa].

Za Dengel

Re: Please help me find this Oromo song

Post by Za Dengel » 17 Apr 2019, 11:53

yaballo wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 10:43
Za-Dengel,

No problem. Happy to be of some assistance. I myself prefer many of the old varieties of songs from Ethiopia (including Oromo ones), Somalia, Sudan, etc. But, I think the song you're after is called: "Karaan Manni Abba Gadaa Eesa" [ roughly, = "የአባ ጋዳ ቤት መንገድ የትኛው ነው?" ወይም "የአባ ጋዳ ቤት ወዴት ነው?"] & there are few versions of the same on YouTube.

The phrase you used/quoted - “ታኤ ሴና ኢሳ በበሬሳ”- is part of the song's lyric. Here are some links to few versions of this song that I found on YouTube but you can find others by using the title of the song "Karaan Manni Abba Gadaa Eesa". Of course, different posters use different manners of spelling the title of Ethiopian, Somali, Sudanese, etc, songs to frustrate those looking for songs. Good Luck.

1- video/music - Ali Birra - Karaan Manni Abba Gadaa Eesa.

2- video/music: Ali Birra - Karaan Mana Abbaa Gadaa eessa (Oromo Music). [a better sounding version by Ali Birra - sang at a concert].

3- video/music: a version I like better - in a traditional Hararghe-Oromo style - & is by another artist. [Oromo Music - Mahdi Sheka - Manni Abbaa Gadaa].

ወንድም yaballo,

Thank you very much. I just found the song in a better quality here it’s.

Once again thank you.