Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo

Mobilising instead of apologising

Post by justo » 08 Dec 2018, 18:45

The TPLF is on a war footing. It has activated all its psychological defence mechanisms, instead of calmly reflecting on its past behaviour and how this has brought it to loggerheads with the Amara, Oromo and Eritreans.

It has set itself on a path of self-isolation. The stolen money will soon run out dry. Its military strength is being degraded on a daily basis. Only moral is running high. But then, Debretsion's face is starting to look like boiled liver, indicating that what looks like high morale is in reality empty bravado.

Sad to see Tigrai mobilising instead of apologising. Mistake of historical proportions.

Temt

Re: Mobilising instead of apologising

Post by Temt » 08 Dec 2018, 19:36

justo wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 18:45
The TPLF is on a war footing. It has activated all its psychological defence mechanisms, instead of calmly reflecting on its past behaviour and how this has brought it to loggerheads with the Amara, Oromo and Eritreans.

It has set itself on a path of self-isolation. The stolen money will soon run out dry. Its military strength is being degraded on a daily basis. Only moral is running high. But then, Debretsion's face is starting to look like boiled liver, indicating that what looks like high morale is in reality empty bravado.

Sad to see Tigrai mobilising instead of apologising. Mistake of historical proportions.
Brother Justo, I have a problem when we accuse only the Weyanes in the crimes of "Historical proportions" as you called it. I don't think 'political correctness' is going to solve the issue by not including Tegarus in the vigilance theatre of blaming everybody but themselves for the unenviable gridlock they find themselves. I can understand the idea that the Tegarus may be intimidated by the criminal Weyanes to mirror the Weyanes act of denial and join the TPLF thugs organized demonstrations against the Federal Government led by PMAA and indirectly against Eritrea. But, judging by the Tegaru's reaction outside Tigrai, it is clear to me that they support Weyane and they are opposed to any and all Weyane who may have committed various crimes to be brought to justice. So, honestly, I believe the Tegaru are just as the culprit to the disturbance of peace and tranquility just as much as the Weyanes they support.
The stand of the Tegaru with the TPLF mafia is no more apparent than what they have done to Eritrea when the Weyane unilaterally declared war against unsuspecting Eritrea, when thousands of our people were kicked out of Ethiopia after illegally seizing their hard earned properties, when Weyane helped implement illegal sanctions against Eritrea based solely on fabricated stories etc. The Tegaru have not uttered a word of disapproval against their criminal Weyanes.

justo

Re: Mobilising instead of apologising

Post by justo » 08 Dec 2018, 20:34

Temt wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 19:36
justo wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 18:45

Brother Justo, I have a problem when we accuse only the Weyanes in the crimes of "Historical proportions" as you called it. I don't think 'political correctness' is going to solve the issue by not including Tegarus in the vigilance theatre of blaming everybody but themselves for the unenviable gridlock they find themselves. I can understand the idea that the Tegarus may be intimidated by the criminal Weyanes to mirror the Weyanes act of denial and join the TPLF thugs organized demonstrations against the Federal Government led by PMAA and indirectly against Eritrea. But, judging by the Tegaru's reaction outside Tigrai, it is clear to me that they support Weyane and they are opposed to any and all Weyane who may have committed various crimes to be brought to justice. So, honestly, I believe the Tegaru are just as the culprit to the disturbance of peace and tranquility just as much as the Weyanes they support.
The stand of the Tegaru with the TPLF mafia is no more apparent than what they have done to Eritrea when the Weyane unilaterally declared war against unsuspecting Eritrea, when thousands of our people were kicked out of Ethiopia after illegally seizing their hard earned properties, when Weyane helped implement illegal sanctions against Eritrea based solely on fabricated stories etc. The Tegaru have not uttered a word of disapproval against their criminal Weyanes.
Brother Temt, I totally agree with you. In my thinking, I don't usually separate Tigrai, the people of Tigrai and TPLF from each other. And why would I? I also agree with you that it is tiring to see people trying to exculpate Tigrai and only incriminate the TPLF. I think what they are confusing is the difference between allocating responsibility and punishing.

Of course, you cannot punish a whole people, or a whole organisation for that matter. But you can allocate blame without having to mince your words. When analysing, you can draw a wider net, when punishing, you may need to be selective. So, I agree with you and disagree with those who try to separate these two similar things