Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Revelations

Mekelle "master plan" to evict farmers off their lands

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 18:52

Oh boy! Is there anyone who's gonna protest this? Probably not according the facebook post on this issue.

dolphin

Re: Mekelle "master plan" to evict farmers off their lands

Post by dolphin » 13 Oct 2018, 18:57

so what they Should do instead of this

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 19:14

Your question is not clear. Who is "they"?
dolphin wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 18:57
so what they Should do instead of this

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 13 Oct 2018, 19:36

Why any Tigrayan want to stop expansion of Mekelle??? They should cross Giba River and build in Adi Gezaeti, Alaasa and Melfa to Menewa Raesi Alula home Degua Tembien the best weather in Africa very high altitude throughout the years. The key is to Dam Giba River to support Mekelle and Degua Tembien.

Axumawi

Post by Axumawi » 13 Oct 2018, 20:02

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 19:36
Why any Tigrayan want to stop expansion of Mekelle??? They should cross Giba River and build in Adi Gezaeti, Alaasa and Melfa to Menewa Raesi Alula home Degua Tembien the best weather in Africa very high altitude throughout the years. The key is to Dam Giba River to support Mekelle and Degua Tembien.
I would.
Meqelle is growing big without water
most unsafe condition city without water
Plus capital needs to move to another town and make city

Maybe Wuqro Tembien...

Any city in third world more than 2-3 hundred thousand people becomes corrupt, unmanageable and waste..

Halafi Mengedi
Senior Member+

Post by Halafi Mengedi » 13 Oct 2018, 20:56

Axumawi wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 20:02
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
I would.

Maybe Wuqro Tembien...

Any city in third world more than 2-3 hundred thousand people becomes corrupt, unmanageable and waste..

I agree with you though. I am the only person who raised this issue in 1992 due to in adequate water to the city. I told them either Abiy Adi Tembien using many rivers, four Rivers go through the city, one is big Tanka River, the other are more than enough to supply water. The other big river is Wer'ee River very big enough to supply capital city. For political reason the Adwans did not want it. The other choice is Wolkait area, they are many Rivers as well. Then you have Tekeze River can be brought to Abiy Adi. Now, their option to supply water to Mekelle is they have to Dam Giba River in Tembien close to Mekelle right at the old air port of Mekelle. Let them leave Mekelle the way its is but they can go to Abiy Adi and create second city may be industrial city and Mekelle administrative city.

Axumawi

Post by Axumawi » 13 Oct 2018, 21:51

Halafi Mengedi wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 20:56
Axumawi wrote:
Halafi Mengedi wrote:
I would.

Maybe Wuqro Tembien...

I agree with you though. I am the only person who raised this issue in 1992 due to in adequate water to the city. I told them either Abiy Adi Tembien using many rivers, four Rivers go through the city, one is big Tanka River, the other are more than enough to supply water. The other big river is Wer'ee River very big enough to supply capital city. For political reason the Adwans did not want it. The other choice is Wolkait area, they are many Rivers as well. Then you have Tekeze River can be brought to Abiy Adi. Now, their option to supply water to Mekelle is they have to Dam Giba River in Tembien close to Mekelle right at the old air port of Mekelle. Let them leave Mekelle the way its is but they can go to Abiy Adi and create second city may be industrial city and Mekelle administrative city.

Why so many people write Mekelle..that is wrong...Actually should be heavy Q...Meqelle.

Welqayit just like Enderta is too far from population centers in the North and North West...

Just don't bering capital city near Axum...the rest I don't care...

Where ever politicians gather, lobyssts gather, the thiefs gather, the connected lazy ones gather..is all downhill.

I like the type of Debremariqos and Shire developments. The most improved towns under EPRDF according to Ethiopia first.

It was sad to see Debremariqos almost became village or just una of the old before EPRDF.

Hawdian
Member+

Post by Hawdian » 13 Oct 2018, 22:10

Tell me how Mekelle is going guys. I'm interested opening a business there. What is the best technical school? I"m looking for school that can teach my students carpentry, agriculture mostly greenhouse/shades/hydroponics/bit masonry.

The reason I think Mekelle is because I think it's cheaper.

How is the Tigray Development Association going? Have they collapsed or they still running strong? I haven't heard or seen any projects lately from them. I like them.

A lot of my good friends are from Mekelle Enderta.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 22:28

run away with your money...don't walk..unless you want to be one of those fools in the cliche "a fool and his money part soon" :lol: :lol: it makes sense why most of your posts are pro TPLF .... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hawdian wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 22:10
Tell me how Mekelle is going guys. I'm interested opening a business there. What is the best technical school? I"m looking for school that can teach my students carpentry, agriculture mostly greenhouse/shades/hydroponics/bit masonry.

How is the Tigray Development Association going? Have they collapsed or they still running strong? I haven't heard or seen any projects lately from them. I like them.

Hawdian
Member+

Post by Hawdian » 13 Oct 2018, 22:35

Revelations wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 22:28
run away with your money...don't walk..unless you want to be one of those fools in the cliche "a fool and his money part soon" :lol: :lol: it makes sense why most of your posts are pro TPLF .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm only pro of my pocket and my Somali people eating good :mrgreen: I will make deal with the devil just to put meal on the table. I don't believe all Tigrais are bad people. I know so many of them. Everyone has crooks and the holy.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 22:51

How di you equate TPLF to mean all of Tigray? And please watch your pocket closely! Imagine Halafi being your friend and advising you on investment opportunities anywhere in the world....grow a wing and fly away..not walk.. not run... :lol:
Hawdian wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 22:35

I'm only pro of my pocket and my Somali people eating good :mrgreen: I will make deal with the devil just to put meal on the table. I don't believe all Tigrais are bad people. I know so many of them. Everyone has crooks and the holy.

Axumawi

Post by Axumawi » 13 Oct 2018, 23:22

Hawdian wrote:

TDA is going strong

Has a lot of projects especially test projects where philanthropist funded ones.

They have built more than 650 Schools of different sizes alone.

Axumawi

Post by Axumawi » 13 Oct 2018, 23:25

Hawdian wrote:

Check colleges TVT
One in Adi grat, Maichew and Wuqro are famous, but every Awaraja has one.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 23:42

There's some hope that says you may tell truth once in a blue moon! :lol:
Axumawi wrote:

I would.

Maybe Wuqro Tembien...