Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Revelations

Fuel Shortage hits Tigray

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 13:25

13 October 2018
By Dawit Endeshaw

Rate of daily arrivals from Eritrea increased exponentially

Emerging business activities along the border of Ethiopia and Eritrea has created a shortage of fuel supply in major towns of Tigray, The Reporter has learnt.

Following the opening of the border of the two countries, there is a significant increase in the transit of vehicles. In light of these, according to the data gathered from Tigray Urban Development, Trade & Industry Bureau–on average, 1,000 vehicles arrive at Tigray with the figure sometimes going up to 2,000. The vehicles mostly are automobiles, few freight vehicles as well as public buses.

This resulted in a shortage of Benzene in towns of Tigray, particularly Mekelle, Adigrat, Axum, Wekro as well as Adewa. Those who have arrived from Eritrea prefer to feel their cars here in Ethiopia given the price advantage as well the limited accessibility of the product in Eritrea.

“The problem needs a solution,” Daniel Mekonne, deputy head from Tigray Urban Development, Trade & Industry Bureau told The Reporter.

Given the type of vehicles that are coming from Eritrea, each car will carry at least 400 liters per day, he added.

The shortage which is mostly attributed to growing business activities in the borders towns is also promoted by other factors, The Reporter has learnt.

There are few fuel and gas distributing companies who has gas stations in those affected towns, which recently, have stopped supplying given the lawsuit by the Ethiopian Petroleum Supply Enterprise.

“As a result of this, we are not getting benzene which was supposed to come via those distributors,” said Daniel.

“We know about the shortage,” Tadesse Hailemariam, CEO of The Enterprise told The Reporter.

In related news, a new report from the UN High Commissioner for Refugees which was released last week has indicated that the reopening of the border has also resulted in an increase in number of people arriving from Eritrea.

From this, 90 percent of the new arrivals are women and children, according to the report. This is in contradiction to the current feature of refugee camps in Tigray, which is dominated by young men.

The average daily rate of arrivals is increasing from 53 to approximately 390 individuals, reads the report. Between September 12 and October, 02, 2018, a total of 6,779 refugees were registered at the Endabaguna Reception Centre with a further 2,725 awaiting relocation at the border to Endabaguna.

https://www.thereporterethiopia.com/art ... its-tigray

Dejach Aklilu

Re: Fuel Shortage hits Tigray

Post by Dejach Aklilu » 13 Oct 2018, 18:55

Maybe sister Cegeraw has defected to Tigray, is currently filling his bajaj at a service station in Adwa.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Axumawi

Post by Axumawi » 13 Oct 2018, 20:04

Dejach Aklilu wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 18:55
Maybe sister Cegeraw has defected to Tigray, is currently filling his bajaj at a service station in Adwa.

lol
These Bajaj are too noisy..replaced the quiet donkey and mule

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 22:23

fule shotage...rising housing prices..."city expansion in Mekele.." all add up to trouble for segerawu... :lol: :lol: :lol: no wonder he has not been on this forum for a while... :lol: didn't even notice until you mentioned.... :lol: :lol:
Dejach Aklilu wrote:

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 13 Oct 2018, 22:28

Stop the negativity. It is a healthy sign that the economic activities in the region are spiking. It is good for Tigray and entire Ethiopia. It is also good for Eritrea.
Revelations wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 22:23
fule shotage...rising housing prices..."city expansion in Mekele.." all add up to trouble for segerawu... :lol: :lol: :lol: no wonder he has not been on this forum for a while... :lol: didn't even notice until you mentioned.... :lol: :lol:
Dejach Aklilu wrote:

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 22:45

Yah! Fuel shortage + water shortage + housing shortage + evicted farmers = good economic activity! :lol: :lol: :lol: Are there qeroo or not there?
Selam/ wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 22:28
Stop the negativity. It is a healthy sign that the economic activities in the region are spiking. It is good for Tigray and entire Ethiopia. It is also good for Eritrea.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 13 Oct 2018, 22:55

You’re just a mean-spirited person. The discussion started with shortage of fuel due to the increasing business activities at the borders. I said that is a healthy sign of economic growth. Then you came back and added housing shortage to the topic and now water shortage. If Tigray grows, we also grow. If Eritreans prosper, we prosper. That is how I look at it. It is an illusion and sign of ignorance to try to elevate yourself by putting down and drowning others.
Revelations wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 22:45
Yah! Fuel shortage + water shortage + housing shortage + evicted farmers = good economic activity! :lol: :lol: :lol: Are there qeroo or not there?
Selam/ wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 22:28

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 23:04

The truth hurts when you're not willing to receive it. There's nothin made up here. All truth. Only the privileged few don't feel it, don't want to talk about it or see it as beneficial to all. Sit down and take the news not attack the messenger! And don't forget there will not be looted money in flow to Tigray as before. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Selam/ wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 22:55
You’re just a mean-spirited person. The discussion started with shortage of fuel due to the increasing business activities at the borders. I said that is a healthy sign of economic growth. Then you came back and added housing shortage to the topic and now water shortage. If Tigray grows, we also grow. If Eritreans prosper, we prosper. That is how I look at it. It is an illusion and sign of ignorance to try to elevate yourself by putting down and drowning others.

Hawdian

Post by Hawdian » 13 Oct 2018, 23:06

Revelations wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:04
The truth hurts when you're not willing to receive it. There's nothin made up here. All truth. Only the privileged few don't feel it, don't want to talk about it or see it as beneficial to all. Sit down and take the news not attack the messenger! And don't forget there will not be looted money in flow to Tigray as before. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Selam/ wrote:

You're dealing with a woman here my friend. They intend to see roses, [deleted] and rainbows until it's time to flee or die of starvation.

There's not much to explain to them.

Telomerase

Post by Telomerase » 13 Oct 2018, 23:09

Selam,

You are far more smarter with a lot of class than most of the idiots this the forum. I do admire your patience, and you are very fair.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 23:22

Yah! A farmer evicted can farm class. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Telomerase wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:09
Selam,

You are far more smarter with a lot of class than most of the idiots this the forum. I do admire your patience, and you are very fair.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 13 Oct 2018, 23:32

If you believe that the truth hurts, why don’t you chip in and suggest something to alleviate the problems? What is your contribution as a world citizen? All what I see coming from you under this topic is chitchatting and belittling. These are your brothers and sisters who experience the same difficulty as all Ethiopians in other regions. There is no place in Ethiopia where there is no housing shortage; there is no region where kerosene rains from the sky or clean water is readily available. We are all on the same boat. Get out of this childish bickering business and ill-intentioned comparison and contrast.
Revelations wrote:
Selam/ wrote:

Last edited by Selam/ on 13 Oct 2018, 23:37, edited 3 times in total.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 13 Oct 2018, 23:35

It can’t get worse than this. You’re down in the gutter, my friend. I just pray that you don’t end up having a baby girl.

Hawdian wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:06
Revelations wrote:
Selam/ wrote:

You're dealing with a woman here my friend. They intend to see roses, [deleted] and rainbows until it's time to flee or die of starvation.

There's not much to explain to them.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Oct 2018, 23:40

Oye! I already gave suggestion on how to address the issue when I mentioned qerroo or fano whichever you may have, didn't I? That's how it was addressed else where. There's no other solution I can offer. May be someone else can. "You got Class" is not a solution at all. Don't look for sedatives as solution though! And this my friend in no idle chitchat as you implied! :lol:
Selam/ wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:32
If you believe that truth hurts, what don’t you chip in and suggest something to alleviate the problems? What is your contribution as a world citizen? All what I see coming from you under this topic is chitchatting and belittling. These are your brothers and sisters who experience the same difficulty as Ethiopians in other regions. There is no place in Ethiopia where there is no housing shortage; there is no region where kerosene rains from the sky or clean water is readily available. We are all on the same boat. Get out of this childish bickering business and ill-intentioned comparison and contrast.
Revelations wrote:
Selam/ wrote:

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 13 Oct 2018, 23:57

Oops, is that it? You’re still in the swamp, my friend. Qerroo and fano overthrew woyane but they didn’t solve the fuel, housing and water issues. I also don’t expect them to do so ‘cause their role is limited to putting a functioning government that can address those issues. And if you think those issue will be resolved by qerroo or fano you’re delusional. Fuel, housing and water shortages are universal challenges that are specially worse in Africa. They are issues that can only be alleviated by smart plannning policies and technological innovations. I am still waiting for a meaningful suggestion from you. Your qerroo or fano stuff is a bullcrap.
Revelations wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:40
Oye! I already gave suggestion on how to address the issue when I mentioned qerroo or fano whichever you may have, didn't I? That's how it was addressed else where. There's no other solution I can offer. May be someone else can. "You got Class" is not a solution at all. Don't look for sedatives as solution though! And this my friend in no idle chitchat as you implied! :lol:
Selam/ wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:32
If you believe that truth hurts, what don’t you chip in and suggest something to alleviate the problems? What is your contribution as a world citizen? All what I see coming from you under this topic is chitchatting and belittling. These are your brothers and sisters who experience the same difficulty as Ethiopians in other regions. There is no place in Ethiopia where there is no housing shortage; there is no region where kerosene rains from the sky or clean water is readily available. We are all on the same boat. Get out of this childish bickering business and ill-intentioned comparison and contrast.
Revelations wrote:
Selam/ wrote:

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 14 Oct 2018, 00:43

Swamp...where have I have heard that before? :lol: :lol: Be original for goodness sake! :lol: :lol: :lol: So you're actually with the "classed ones" :lol: :lol: Case closed! :lol: :lol: Smart planning my foot! :lol:
Selam/ wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:57
Oops, is that it? You’re still in the swamp, my friend. Qerroo and fano overthrew woyane but they didn’t solve the fuel, housing and water issues. I also don’t expect them to do so ‘cause their role is limited to putting a functioning government that can address those issues. And if you think those issue will be resolved by qerroo or fano you’re delusional. Fuel, housing and water shortages are universal challenges that are specially worse in Africa. They are issues that can only be alleviated by smart plannning policies and technological innovations. I am still waiting for a meaningful suggestion from you. Your qerroo or fano stuff is a bullcrap.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 14 Oct 2018, 00:51

I now know you’re just a kickas$ headline generator. Nothing more, nothing else. Keep posting catchy but shallow topics. They tell where you are standing.
Revelations wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 00:43
Swamp...where have I have heard that before? :lol: :lol: Be original for goodness sake! :lol: :lol: :lol: So you're actually with the "classed ones" :lol: :lol: Case closed! :lol: :lol: Smart planning my foot! :lol:
Selam/ wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 23:57

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 14 Oct 2018, 00:54

I hope they are telling you I don't stand in Mekelle. :lol: :lol: :lol: And have no proposal to save the TPLF looters. They need to face the people sooner than later. Hoping that it agrees with you! :mrgreen:
Selam/ wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 00:51
I now know you’re just a kickas$ headline generator. Nothing more, nothing else. Keep posting catchy but shallow topics. They tell where you are standing.

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 14 Oct 2018, 01:00

Who are “they”?

You don’t stand anywhere other than your own cocoon.
Revelations wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 00:54
I hope they are telling you I don't stand in Mekelle. :lol: :lol: :lol: And have no proposal to save the TPLF looters. They need to face the people sooner than later. Hoping that it agrees with you! :mrgreen:
Selam/ wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 00:51

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 14 Oct 2018, 01:11

Only they don't know who they are! :lol:
Selam/ wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 01:00
Who are “they”?

You don’t stand anywhere other than your own cocoon.