Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Medo

A way to win Oromos.

Post by Medo » 13 Oct 2018, 10:00

As everyone who know and lives with oromo knows, Oromo people are naturally anti racist egalitarian, democracaric and humble people just like any kush or more. I said so, because I know somali Afar and Bejas have also such manner. That is why more than 10m Other ethnics live among Oromos unseen in Africa except south Africa. But their humbleness was confused for being weak. The fact is that Oromo is also among the fierce warrior kush. The only thing Oromo lacked was unity because of its vast geography and other factors. To provoke others for war is not Oromo way to respond harshly for provocation is. Then, the way to win Oromo is through compromise and love and secession of hostilities.

yaballo

Re: A way to win Oromos.

Post by yaballo » 13 Oct 2018, 11:30

Medo wrote: The only thing Oromo lacked was unity because of its vast geography and other factors.
Medo,

That is not entirely accurate. The Oromos have been able to conquer other regions &/or tribes NOT as members of a unified nation but as members of a sub-group or a clan of the Oromo with its own army & effective clan-based administration.

For example the Borana-Oromo, the Guji-Oromo, the Arsi-Oromo, the Karayyu-Oromo, the Tulama-Oromo, the Matcha-Oromo, the Wollo-Oromo, etc, groups acted or behaved as completely independent nations on their own right.

So, the MAIN REASON why the Oromos failed to make their mark or failed to emerge as a powerful nation owes mostly to the unfavourable geo-political & commercial reasons that stopped them from getting FIRE ARMS or GUNS!

Consequently, in their ability to solve the geo-political problems of ACCESSING FIRE ARMS/GUNS will depend their ability to free themselves first &, then, go even further as say build an empire. :shock:

For example, the Oromos can easily drive the silly, useless & irritating Somalis into the Indian Ocean if a FRACTION of them are armed with AK47s. .. Trust me :!:

Now, imagine Oromo &/or Ethiopian warriors feeding the remaining & mostly semi-Bantu Somalis to the sharks of the Indian Ocean :shock: . It is not that difficult! I said the 'remaining Bantu & semi-Bantu Somalis because most of the so called 'real' & racist Somalis have already left the country & live somewhere else - mostly on welfare - from where they launch their silly empty braggadocio/boasting. :idea:

OK? Nagaatti.

photo: today, starving Bantu-Somalis & Semi-Bantu-Somalis constitute the majority in Somalia ...

photo: queuing for food aid near the port town of Kisimayo, Southern Somalia.

photo: semi-Bantu Somalis are left to face the consequences of Somalia's silly - and racist - inter-clan wars ..

photo: Bantu Somalis are the worst affected by Somalia's silly - and racist - inter-clan wars ..

Last edited by yaballo on 13 Oct 2018, 16:15, edited 2 times in total.

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 13 Oct 2018, 11:49

Yaballo,

the various gosa/clans acted as independent, autonomous groups; because of the nature of the Gada system.
The Oromos abhorred the idea/concept of so much power being concentrated in the hands of one, or a few men.
They loved to be de-centralized. Which is good for democracy and inclusion, but like any other system, it has its flaws.
The Habasha elites to the north of us, had a very centralized, strict, governmental system.
Their system, like others, too, had its flaws and its strengths, its pros and cons.
One pro being, it's a lot easier to unite a nation and mobilize an army, when you have a centralized government.
But, of course, such a system, is not going to be democratic or very egalitarian.
Had the Oromo been centralized, they would've been able to unite all of their clans, and put up a stiffer resistance.
but of course, as you said before, without firearms, we won't be able to attain BILISUMMAA FI WALABUMAA.
Menelik also made sure he begged the white man to block the oromo and somali from getting firearms, as well.

yaballo

Post by yaballo » 13 Oct 2018, 12:15

Sadacha: Menelik also made sure he begged the white man to block the oromo and somali from getting firearms, as well.
Sadacha,

Baara fayyaa? Sa'a namii ke cuftii fayyaa?

What you wrote is spot on. But, if I were you, I would take the Somalis out from the above sentence/quote. That is so due to the fact that the Somalis have had the advantage of facing the vast Indian Ocean, Gulf of Aden & Red Sea sea coasts that allowed them to have easy access to fire arms for centuries, even more than the Abyssinians.

Actually & if you've not done so already, please try to find a book by a Borana-Oromo professor who was originally from the University of Nairobi (?) named Gufu Oba, who is now based at a University in Norway, titled: 'Herder Warfare in East Africa: A Social and Spatial History; May 15, 2017.

It [book] explains how lack of access to guns have rendered the Oromo a weak nation & slaves both in Ethiopia, Kenya & southern Somalia [eg. the tragic story of the Warday-Oromo people of the Juba Valley, Southern Somalia].

Here is the book & it is available on Amazon.com - it is a bit pricey at the moment but worth it. Good Luck. Nagaa Badhaadhani. Jabaadhuu - obboleessa keena.

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 13 Oct 2018, 12:52

yaballo wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 12:15
Sadacha: Menelik also made sure he begged the white man to block the oromo and somali from getting firearms, as well.
Sadacha,

Baara fayyaa? Sa'a namii ke cuftii fayyaa?

What you wrote is spot on. But, if I were you, I would take the Somalis out from the above sentence/quote. That is so due to the fact that the Somalis have had the advantage of facing the vast Indian Ocean, Gulf of Aden & Red Sea sea coasts that allowed them to have easy access to fire arms for centuries, even more than the Abyssinians.

Actually & if you've not done so already, please try to find a book by a Borana-Oromo professor who was originally from the University of Nairobi (?) named Gufu Oba, who is now based at a University in Norway, titled: 'Herder Warfare in East Africa: A Social and Spatial History; May 15, 2017.

It [book] explains how lack of access to guns have rendered the Oromo a weak nation & slaves both in Ethiopia, Kenya & southern Somalia [eg. the tragic story of the Warday-Oromo people of the Juba Valley, Southern Somalia].

Here is the book & it is available on Amazon.com - it is a bit pricey at the moment but worth it. Good Luck. Nagaa Badhaadhani. Jabaadhuu - obboleessa keena.

Yes the Somalis did indeed have access to the Indian Ocean and etc, but the Europeans controlled their ports/lands/etc, remember?
The French, the Italians, the British, etc, split up their territories and controlled them.

https://books.google.com/books?id=FlAMA ... ik&f=false

^ somalis basically said: let us get guns to defend ourselves OR stop the raids of abyssinia into somali lands/harar/etc.

and thanks for the book proposal, here's a good one too:

https://www.google.com/search?q=stolen+ ... KKF9FH5TNM:

yaballo

Post by yaballo » 13 Oct 2018, 13:18

Sadacha,

The advent of colonial powers to the Somali coast has not stopped the Somalis from acquiring fire-arms & more. In fact, the same process facilitated even more their knowledge of & access to fire arms plus many other rather nasty military techniques they acquired from the Turks & Arabs that they used against the Oromos, quite devastatingly. For example, the Somalis acquired a technique of using a biological warfare from the Turks/Arabs & used the same against the Warday/Orma-Oromo & the Borana-Oromo. The same nearly wiped-out these Oromo communities entirely from the face of the earth via the use of a smallpox bacteria as a tool of biological warfare. It is said to be the FIRST for an African tribe to use a biological warfare technique [spreading of the nasty smallpox bacteria] against another African tribe/community. This story is told in the book I mentioned. OK? Nagaatti.

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 13 Oct 2018, 13:34

yABALLO,

I am referring to the era of menelik, not sure what era u are referring to.
in meneliks time, they, the somalis, did not have firearms, and if they did, they were too small in number, to repel the raids of menelik
then his deputy ras makonen, father of haile selassie, eventually setup garrisons and ''ketemas'' in the ''ogaden,'' and found some somali allies, who wanted to use the ethiopians to fight against other, competing, somali clans.

''All the way to the Wabe, Somali whose clan feuds and lack of firearms had made easy prey for Makonnen's raiders, asked if the British would hold off these predators or obtain redress from the ras who enjoyed a reputation for Justice.''

"Between the Jaws of Hyenas": A Diplomatic History of Ethiopia, 1876-1896
By Richard Alan Caulk, Page 163

yaballo

Post by yaballo » 13 Oct 2018, 14:30

Oh dear, Sadacha:

I think we are on a different page on the issue of Somali vs Oromo relation which is often a problematic one. This same problem is clouding the relation between Ato Lema Megersa's OPDO government vs a vs Oromo communities bordering with the Somalis [eg. Borana, Bale-Arsi, Hararghe, etc].

Oromo communities bordering on the Somalis are accusing the OPDO cadres of not quite understanding the Oromo vs Somali conflict plus their bewilderment why the OPDO bureaucrats don't seem to understand the need to arm Oromo communities bordering on the Somalis. Am afraid that this issue is not being addressed properly & is forcing border-straddling Oromo communities to try to arm themselves. We shall see how it will pan-out but if not addressed properly the same could undermine the rather tenuous inter-Oromo unity. But it does not have to be that way.

Now, the Somalis occupy an extensive border with various Oromo communities & not ALL of them were part of Menelik's empire. The Borana-Oromo in Kenya; other Oromo communities/tribes in what is today Kenya; Oromo communities in the Juba Valley in what is today Somalia [Warday-Oromo] & even a large portion of what is today Arsi-Oromo communities in the southern parts Bale; were not part of Menelik's empire until past WW2.

So, when we talk about the Somali vs Oromo wars - including the biological warfare based on the deliberate spread of the smallpox bacteria among Oromo communities by the Somalis - I was not referring to Oromo communities impounded in the Empire of Menelik. Mostly, I was referring to Oromo communities in what is today Kenya, Somalia & those on the peripheries of the Ethiopian empire [lower Bale]. OK?
Sadacha Macca wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 13:34
yABALLO,

in meneliks time, they, the somalis, did not have firearms, and if they did, they were too small in number, to repel the raids of menelik
then his deputy ras makonen, father of haile selassie, eventually setup garrisons and ''ketemas'' in the ''ogaden,'' and found some somali allies, who wanted to use the ethiopians to fight against other, competing, somali clans.

''All the way to the Wabe, Somali whose clan feuds and lack of firearms had made easy prey for Makonnen's raiders, asked if the British would hold off these predators or obtain redress from the ras who enjoyed a reputation for Justice.''

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 13 Oct 2018, 14:51

yaballo wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 14:30
Oh dear, Sadacha:

I think we are on a different page on the issue of Somali vs Oromo relation which is often a problematic one. This same problem is clouding the relation between Ato Lema Megersa's OPDO government vs a vs Oromo communities bordering with the Somalis [eg. Borana, Bale-Arsi, Hararghe, etc].

Oromo communities bordering on the Somalis are accusing the OPDO cadres of not quite understanding the Oromo vs Somali conflict plus their bewilderment why the OPDO bureaucrats don't seem to understand the need to arm Oromo communities bordering on the Somalis. Am afraid that this issue is not being addressed properly & is forcing border-straddling Oromo communities to try to arm themselves. We shall see how it will pan-out but if not addressed properly the same could undermine the rather tenuous inter-Oromo unity. But it does not have to be that way.

Now, the Somalis occupy an extensive border with various Oromo communities & not ALL of them were part of Menelik's empire. The Borana-Oromo in Kenya; other Oromo communities/tribes in what is today Kenya; Oromo communities in the Juba Valley in what is today Somalia [Warday-Oromo] & even a large portion of what is today Arsi-Oromo communities in the southern parts Bale; were not part of Menelik's empire until past WW2.

So, when we talk about the Somali vs Oromo wars - including the biological warfare based on the deliberate spread of the smallpox bacteria among Oromo communities by the Somalis - I was not referring to Oromo communities impounded in the Empire of Menelik. Mostly, I was referring to Oromo communities in what is today Kenya, Somalia & those on the peripheries of the Ethiopian empire [lower Bale]. OK?
Sadacha Macca wrote:
yABALLO,

Yaballo,

The Oromo-Somali issue has to be solved through evidences, proofs, and of course, the consent/will of the peoples involved.
This may sound idealistic, due to the obvious stubborn nature of us horn of africans; but the alternative is never ending border conflicts, that flare up every now and then, and just await to be exploited by some anti oromo/anti somali elements, such as tplf, abdi illey and co.

the OPDO has to answer for their silence in the face of the raiding and killing and occupying of oromo lands by the liyyu forces.
not to mention that the tplf was keeping opdo busy with issues more centered in and around finfinne/addis, traps set for them by getachew assefa.
and at the same time, led the liyyu somali incursions into oromia.
let's be honest, it's not your average abdi the nomad doing this to oromos, it's well armed, well funded and trained, paramilitary groups, who speak the somali language, but were organized and led by none-other-than the tplf.
as far as I know, the border areas have been peaceful; but feel free to correct me if i am wrong, because as you know, there are very impartial media sources/outlets that report on that troubled part of the world.
i have family in bale, and in borana, and none of them mentioned any recent flare up of fighting, either, i must say.

the oromo and somali expansions influenced each other no doubt. we both competed for lands.
we conquered from them, they conquered from us; we stopped them from expanding in a certain direction, as did they, to us.

as far as the smallpox epidemic, for some odd reason, i find it hard to believe that somalis somehow were in a laboratory preparing that to happen, but then again, i don't have that book yet, or any proof otherwise.

DefendTheTruth

Post by DefendTheTruth » 13 Oct 2018, 15:36

I am tired of reading embeciles when i come to this site.

A simple concept that I learned from a project management course was that the goal (the target) will unite all the stakeholders of the project. So it is very important to formulate the goal of the project in a way that it appeals to all of the involved porject stakeholders.

People of different creeds and ethnic backgrounds, different nationalisties and political world-out look and many more came together and fought in unison in two major world wars. That didn't even hinder them to cross the atlantic or pacific oceans to come together and fight together, because there is a common interest.

It is not only in the cases of wars, but also in a number of issues that are of common interest the international community, as we commonly call them, came together and handled it together, reaching out across national boundaries, religious and ethnic boundaries, you call it.

Now you are trying to tell me that the Oromos of the different gosa coundn't come together and fight together while having a common interest, this is childish, to say the least.

If it is a misguided target, then you have to blame your misguided target before complaining about lack of centralism, decentralism and the likes.

Oromo, like all other peoples in the country build Ethiopia and made huge sacrifices to preserve it, why should it now debilitate its own making?

Answer this question before wishing to lecture us about centralism, decentralism or similar craps.

And the other coward is trying to tell us they lacked guns, funny. Isn't modern day Ethiopia build with use of guns that were in the hands of the Oromos themselves?

This yabello guy goes to bed and dream about a gun everyday, I think. bad luck, lol.

Dude, don't dream about a gun, dream about knowledge, its now through knowledge that you can concur the world and your own destiney, not by a massive shipment of guns. Denkurina time is over (we are no more in the dark-age).

Arm yourself with knowledge, otherwise you have lost and remain a loser!

yaballo

Post by yaballo » 13 Oct 2018, 16:01

Sadacha,

But, if Oromos are properly armed & drive the remaining & mostly semi-Bantu Somalis to the Indian Ocean, then, there will be nothing to argue about in relation to the romantic Somali vs Oromo friendship. Will there be? .. :shock:

By the way, Oromos from the east & south say that it is only Oromos from the centre [Shoa] & the west [Wollega] who tend to espouse this romantic love for the nasty Somalis because they don't actually share borders with them. :idea:

Anyway, the use, of the smallpox bacteria as a biological warfare by the Somalis against various Oromo communities was a well-documented story. The same story is also part of the Borana-Oromo, Orma-Oromo, Warday-Oromo, Gabra-Oromo, Saakuyye-Oromo, etc, oral history.

At some stage in the regional history, the use of the smallpox bacteria as a biological warfare was quite a common one in the Arab world, Yemen, the Persian Gulf & the Horn of Africa.

No sophisticated laboratory works required to spread the smallpox bacteria or disease. All one needed was to: a) find a person infected with the germ/bacteria of the smallpox [which was easy to find in those days], b) persuade &/or kidnap an infected person & force him/her to stay for a day or two in the vicinity the enemy tribe. Or, something like that.

The technique of using the smallpox bacteria as a tool of biological warfare was perfected first by the Turks who were the imperial masters in what is today the Red Sea basin [Eritrea, Yemen, coastal Somalia, etc] & later by the Arabs. Somalis got it from both via their coastal towns with both Turkish & Arab traders.

The story of the use of the smallpox germ to wipe-out the Warday/Orma & Borana-Oromo communities is just a tip-of-an-iceberg in horror stories linking the Somalis with the Oromos. There are worse stories described in the book & it is better not to try to report them on here. Anyway, I hope you'll learn the details on these issues from Professor Gufu Oba's book I recommended.

Nagaatti.
Last edited by yaballo on 13 Oct 2018, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 13 Oct 2018, 16:30

yaballo wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 16:01
Sadacha,

But, if Oromos are properly armed & drive the remaining & mostly semi-Bantu Somalis to the Indian Ocean, then, there will be nothing to argue about in relation to the romantic Somali vs Oromo friendship. Will there be? .. :shock:

By the way, Oromos from the east & south say that it is only Oromos from the centre [Shoa] & the west [Wollega] who tend to espouse this romantic love for the nasty Somalis because they don't actually share borders with them. :idea:

Anyway, the use, of the smallpox bacteria as a biological warfare by the Somalis against various Oromo communities was a well-documented story. The same story is also part of the Borana-Oromo, Orma-Oromo, Warday-Oromo, Gabra-Oromo, Saakuyye-Oromo, etc, oral history.

At some stage in the regional history, the use of the smallpox bacteria as a biological warfare was quite a common one in the Arab world, Yemen, the Persian Gulf & the Horn of Africa.

No sophisticated laboratory works required to spread the smallpox bacteria or disease. All one needed was to: a) find a person infected with the germ/bacteria of the smallpox [which was easy to find in those days], b) persuade &/or kidnap an infected person & force him/her to stay for a day or two in the vicinity the enemy tribe. Or, something like that.

The technique of using the smallpox bacteria as a tool of biological warfare was perfected first by the Turks who were the imperial masters in what is today the Red Sea basin [Eritrea, Yemen, coastal Somalia, etc] & later by the Arabs. Somalis got it from both via their coastal towns with both Turkish & Arab traders.

Anyway, I hope you'll learn the details on these issues from Professor Gufu Oba's book I recommended.

Nagaatti.
Yaballo,

I want Oromos to be well armed; but do not think an offensive war against somali nomads, civilians, etc, is what the majority of the Oromos want.
Offensive wars waged against actual military targets who have been killing/displacing/harming the Oromos, then yes, it should be done.

By the way, who made you the spokesperson for all Oromos in the affected areas, such as bale, borana, hararghe, etc?
Last I checked, you only spoke for yourself. When an actual poll is taken, or referendum, that substantiates your claims; let me know, okay?!
You are also the one who always says borana shares more with somalis than with other oromos; so what's the deal now?
Are you flip-flopping, or?

As far as the smallpox story goes, i'll wait until i see actual proof, that it was a deliberate move on the part of the expanding somali nomads.
I don't have the funds for that book, as of now, but if you have the PDF, or even an excerpt with that story, please do send it to me.

That's interesting to know though, in regards to how easy it is to spread the smallpox. Another interesting quote is ''had the smallpox epidemic not weakened the oromo, they would've been rulers of all of the abyssinian empire,'' and also, ''had god not divided them, the oromo, they would have been rulers of every inch of the empire, and nobody would've been able to rule over them.''

Khysion

Post by Khysion » 13 Oct 2018, 16:58

yaballo wrote:
13 Oct 2018, 11:30
Medo wrote: The only thing Oromo lacked was unity because of its vast geography and other factors.
Medo,

That is not entirely accurate. The Oromos have been able to conquer other regions &/or tribes NOT as members of a unified nation but as members of a sub-group or a clan of the Oromo with its own army & effective clan-based administration.

For example the Borana-Oromo, the Guji-Oromo, the Arsi-Oromo, the Karayyu-Oromo, the Tulama-Oromo, the Matcha-Oromo, the Wollo-Oromo, etc, groups acted or behaved as completely independent nations on their own right.

So, the MAIN REASON why the Oromos failed to make their mark or failed to emerge as a powerful nation owes mostly to the unfavourable geo-political & commercial reasons that stopped them from getting FIRE ARMS or GUNS!

Consequently, in their ability to solve the geo-political problems of ACCESSING FIRE ARMS/GUNS will depend their ability to free themselves first &, then, go even further as say build an empire. :shock:

For example, the Oromos can easily drive the silly, useless & irritating Somalis into the Indian Ocean if a FRACTION of them are armed with AK47s. .. Trust me :!:

Now, imagine Oromo &/or Ethiopian warriors feeding the remaining & mostly semi-Bantu Somalis to the sharks of the Indian Ocean :shock: . It is not that difficult! I said the 'remaining Bantu & semi-Bantu Somalis because most of the so called 'real' & racist Somalis have already left the country & live somewhere else - mostly on welfare - from where they launch their silly empty braggadocio/boasting. :idea:

OK? Nagaatti.
Why are you being such a revisionist liar? Only 3 million Somalis left the country and ethnic Somalis still make up the majority of the country by 95% or more. Bantus only live in isolated areas surrounded by major Somali tribes and they don't intermarry with Somalis. In fact, the majority of Bantus in Somalia were largely ex-slaves from southeast Africa who were collected by Somali slave traders. Now many Bantus are fleeing from Somalia and the majority of them left to Tanzania and Malawi and in the future, rest of Bantus in southern Somalia will be relocated back to Tanzania and Malawi because they are not native to Somalia. This is Cushitic lands.

Now the only time Oromos were able to beat Somalis is when Somalis are weakened and disunited but when Somalis are united and stable, Oromos wouldn't even think about starting a war with us. Oromos can never win a war against Somalis even if they have Abyssinians and other Ethiopian tribes to support them. No African tribe or nation can handle a unified Greater Somalia force so quit dreaming. Nobody can push Somalis anywhere. We're considered to be the strongest tribe in Africa for a reason. Even the so call Afars you praise will tell you Somalis are the strongest so know your place waryaa.

yaballo

Post by yaballo » 13 Oct 2018, 17:04

Sadacha: You are also the one who always says borana shares more with somalis than with other oromos; so what's the deal now?
Are you flip-flopping, or?
Sadacha,

The relation between the Borana & the Somalis is a bit like the relation between the Somali clans. It is a love & hate relation all at once. I know that it is difficult for our Oromo brothers from the centre & western Oromia to grasp but, that is OK. I assume that Oromo communities in the west too have similar odd relations with their neigbours such as the Kaffichos, Kulos, Guraghes, Amharas, etc. The good thing is that these communities also have in-built conflict resolution procedures that are generally effective; though most have enough turns & twists similar to the British detective TV dramas. :P.

Oh, I don't think there is a PDF version or similar downloadable version of Professor Gufu Oba's book at this stage as the book was published recently. But, I will let you know if/when I find ways for you to get part or whole copy of the same. Nagaatti.

Khysion

Post by Khysion » 13 Oct 2018, 17:10

Sadacha Macca wrote:
yABALLO,

Yaballo is right on this part. Somalis during the early modern period had modern Sultanates that were the most advanced, wealthiest and highly armed compared to any region in Africa at that time. When Menelik tried to do an Ethiopian expansion, his forces were utterly defeated and repelled badly by the Somali Sultanates.

For example, they invaded Geledi Sultanate and under Sultan Osman Ahmed, the Ethiopian forces were silently defeated in the battle of Luuq. They invaded Hiraab Imamate in Ferfer and under the leadership of Sheikh Hassan Barsane, the Ethiopian forces were completely demolished during the battle of Gumar Sheel. The Dervish State under Sayyid Mah successfully repelled multiple invasions from the Ethiopian Empire even with the British support.

The Ethiopians under Menelik emperor failed multiple invasions to conquer various of modern Somali Sultanates and the only reason why Ethiopia has the Somali region is because the British gave it to Ethiopia in 1945 as a tribute for being a Europhile puppet.

Lastly, Europeans did not colonize Somalia so they used the protectorate route temporarily until they formed their own countries. Don't try to twist history, my friend.

Medo

Post by Medo » 14 Oct 2018, 04:08

Yaballo, Maal jechuu kheeti? ...my conversation was about unity not somali issue but If you talk about that I can tell you a lot because I am from Jarso tribe, just the border. It is true that, there is hate and love things? As any neighbours whether Afar Oromo somali Burji pokoma korma etc..be it in kenya or Ethiopia etc.. when the way of life is animal husbandry and the border is big while the rain is little conflicts arise from that and can be easily used by external political actors like tplf. Oromo demand is not to drive pre kushitic bantus to Indian ocean, It is right and democracy. I do agree that security of border citizens should be kept by arming or anything available and every provocation should be answered in kind. But peaceful coexistence with related neighbours is our interest. Regarding smallpox sth..I don't think so, but I will check it. I know that many historical factors made conflicts between the two like greater somalia dream of ziad Barre etc..you know you are related doesn't mean you are one. Saddams Iraq is related with kuwait doesn't mean kuwait is part of Iraq. The turks failed to recognize kurdish ethnics saying they are mountain turks. Ziad barre assumed eastern oromia and Afar as part of greater somalia. Both the people and the land. Seeing their relation out of ignorance the rest followed and that created confusion period. For border elders it is easy to make peace. When I say unity of people it includes many things not only tribes the ideological difference between opdo and olf 3 years ago is one example.

Hawdian
Member+

Post by Hawdian » 14 Oct 2018, 05:19

Yaballo has been crying ever since I set him straight.

The truth is his people are naked and different men take turns with their women. They have pagan cultures.

They are useless, weak and backward. All it takes is small Somali sub sub sub sub clan called Gare to rape them. In the last clashes they almost wiped them out and that’s why they crying about not having guns.

How can you have guns when you don’t even have clothes? Be honest whose clothes do you wear? Do I hear Banadiri? Where is Banadir?

We out played them in every region including Kenya where they live under our mercy.

It would take us 12 days to completely wipe them out. They can’t even handle Gare and few Dir clans in Dire area hahahaha.

All the land we conquered we chased Oromo from it and forever they our subjects even Abiy come running to us first while he never paid Borana a visit.

We have plenty of guns and we haven’t even yet unleashed the more ruthless fighters like Hawiye. Gare is just playing kids game with you hahahahaha.

You landlocked and we chased you, converted you, gave you Latin scripts, oud music, clothed you, OLF—-and the Galla name.

Even the Benishangul are raping you. Won’t be long before Amhara joins the party and flushes you out from Addis.

What can Abiy do?

Medo

Post by Medo » 14 Oct 2018, 06:02

Hawdian, are you talking the reverse? Oromia is vast and has chance of prosperity with its immense resources. Regarding garre.. borana can destroy garres within ours you don't know borana at all. As said the question was about guns. Garre had access to guns and borana were sanctioned by law. When the liyyu were well armed and trained tnx to british fund and tplf support, then it is undeniable that they had upper hand with border civilians and unarmed farmers. But you have seen in moyale and many areas when Oromo got only few guns. But still the well armed garres attached every think with abiy and cried like a baby, not because they were outgunned because only Oromo got some guns from olf to protect themselves. Imagine if they were well armed and trained like liyyu...or even if borana was armed like garre??..but Oromo central location played negative role here. Regarding pagans, look my post about abdil ilay sorcerers and devil worshipping status and the no. Of sorcerers in Somali tribes. So, though You claim as Muslims somalis have more pagan than amhara let alone Oromo.

Medo

Post by Medo » 14 Oct 2018, 06:23

Benishangul is fighting with oromo and amhara. By the way it's just gumuz nacked niggaas killed border civilians with their spears. But this is temporary and stopped already. You see if needed Oromo can fight in all directions at the same time if needed. But not neeeded. Do you think amharas are as such powerful like past?? No. Sidama is more powerful than amhara today for many reasons. They are yes more powerful than even Oromos by media but less powerful than shoa Oromo or Harar Oromo by war. Frankly. Khysion, your description of somali bantus as they came from Tanzania is false. They are pre_kush bantus. With their different mother tongues than somali. Do you know the mother tongue of black Americans than English? But these bantu people are people with their own language. Read history. Khysion empty bravado is known. We have [ deleted ] in Oromia as well we have Oromo speaking majangs and gumuz and komo in border areas of gambela sudan and benishangul. Unlike somali bantus that are exposed to racism from monkey guys great Oromos respect these African brothers and treat them like just any Oromo. You can go and check bantus living inside Oromia well integrated. By the way the Sudan white arabs intermarry with blacks and they have a saying algimalu mush bi wash lakin bil aql. Beautiy is not physical appearance but is by your manner. Sudan's have no racial problem and they say all human beings are equal and brothers Sudans are great indeed.

Mredo

Post by Mredo » 14 Oct 2018, 06:52

Medo wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 06:02
Hawdian, are you talking the reverse? Oromia is vast and has chance of prosperity with its immense resources. Regarding garre.. borana can destroy garres within ours you don't know borana at all. As said the question was about guns. Garre had access to guns and borana were sanctioned by law. When the liyyu were well armed and trained tnx to british fund and tplf support, then it is undeniable that they had upper hand with border civilians and unarmed farmers. But you have seen in moyale and many areas when Oromo got only few guns. But still the well armed garres attached every think with abiy and cried like a baby, not because they were outgunned because only Oromo got some guns from olf to protect themselves. Imagine if they were well armed and trained like liyyu...or even if borana was armed like garre??..but Oromo central location played negative role here. Regarding pagans, look my post about abdil ilay sorcerers and devil worshipping status and the no. Of sorcerers in Somali tribes. So, though You claim as Muslims somalis have more pagan than amhara let alone Oromo.
Based on the 2007 Census
borana zone in oromia is 47% Protestant

30% pegan

16% muslims