Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Revelations

[Nahoo TV VIDEO] "I Am a US Citizen!..We could have seceded 4 months ago.." Jawar Mohammed

Post by Revelations » 12 Aug 2018, 18:49

Jawar also claims there are two governments in Ethiopia right now. Queroo government and PM Abiy government.

Revelations

Re: [Nahoo TV VIDEO] "I Am a US Citizen!..We could have seceded 4 months ago.." Jawar Mohammed

Post by Revelations » 12 Aug 2018, 20:16

Phew! At least Jawar says he doesn't want to run for office or be appointed to any position. Much better than insisting to do so despite it's not allowed under the constitution.

Fed_Up

Re: [Nahoo TV VIDEO] "I Am a US Citizen!..We could have seceded 4 months ago.." Jawar Mohammed

Post by Fed_Up » 12 Aug 2018, 20:33

Ayeeeeeeee! ቅናት ባይገል ያከሳል::

ጀዋር ለአመራር ብቃት ብቻ ሳይሆን ጉልበት እና ጤንነት የተሟላለት ወጣት ስለሆነ......

present
Member+

Post by present » 12 Aug 2018, 21:04

He does not want run for an office. This is good. You can do more when you are not inhibited by an organized political entity ot party. Time for fanno, qerro and zerma with other Ethiopians to move forward to democracy, to protect and build Ethiopia together as always. Demeke's speach to fannos today was great as well. Leaders of Zerma also need to mobilize- hello brother Horus!

A great future for Ethiopians

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 12 Aug 2018, 21:55

But I was just pointing out the legal problem of not being citizen and seeking public office. Outside of that, everyone can decide how best to participate in nation building.
present wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 21:04
He does not want run for an office. This is good. You can do more when you are not inhibited by an organized political entity ot party. Time for fanno, qerro and zerma with other Ethiopians to move forward to democracy, to protect and build Ethiopia together as always. Demeke's speach to fannos today was great as well. Leaders of Zerma also need to mobilize- hello brother Horus!

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 12 Aug 2018, 22:23

Revelations wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 21:55
But I was just pointing out the legal problem of not being citizen and seeking public office. Outside of that, everyone can decide how best to participate in nation building.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really? No one would accuse you of not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, but can we at least try like an average person to view the flip side of things. So according to the 'constitution' it's perfectly ok for the Oromo nationalists or the Adwa illiterates who are holding up in that hole of theirs to insist on Article 39? :roll: After all, the rule is the rule, right? :P You can't cheery pick or do you?

In your little mind, of course, the target of your post isn't only Jawar but Andargatchew Tsige as well.Penny-wise Pound-foolish approach as always.

Of all the things though, it's just mind boggling to me why you people waste so much energy and time on hair-splitting and tripping each other? :shock: Tails-I win- heads-you-lose game as always!

May God Have Mercy On That Land!

Axumawi

Post by Axumawi » 12 Aug 2018, 22:39

Revelations wrote:
present wrote:

I don't think this is an insurmountable problem.
Some countries accept a citizenship/passport of other countries provided their's is last and on top. Its like You can be an American citizen on top of being an Indian or Palistani citizen, but you cannot be an Indian or Pakistani citizen on top of an American citizenship.
There is no dual citizenship agreement by USA with any country, but millions have dual citizenship as long as the USA one is last and on top.

In some cases the Ethiopian politicians can renounce citizenship of other countries. Andargachew is ready to do that if necessary. Biramtu of course will never do. Just in case if arrested wants his American citizenship to come in handy.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 12 Aug 2018, 23:02

You're wrong on two points. 1) Andy Tsige has clearly stated he will forego participating in elections if he couldn't keep his British citizenship. 2) Berhanu has not changed his citizenship.
Axumawi wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 22:39

I don't think this is an insurmountable problem.
Some countries accept a citizenship/passport of other countries provided their's is last and on top. Its like You can be an American citizen on top of being an Indian or Palistani citizen, but you cannot be an Indian or Pakistani citizen on top of an American citizenship.
There is no dual citizenship agreement by USA with any country, but millions have dual citizenship as long as the USA one is last and on top.

In some cases the Ethiopian politicians can renounce citizenship of other countries. Andargachew is ready to do that if necessary. Biramtu of course will never do. Just in case if arrested wants his American citizenship to come in handy.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Aug 2018, 10:35

Jawar's claim of a parallel government needs a close look. Yesterday he posted this on facebook. Where is the law enforcement in his parallel government?

https://www.facebook.com/215693/posts/1 ... 136852973/
Please wait, video is loading...

Maxi

Post by Maxi » 13 Aug 2018, 10:37

Jawar knows very well where the money lies!! :P

DefendTheTruth

Post by DefendTheTruth » 13 Aug 2018, 11:38

Revelations wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 10:35
Jawar's claim of a parallel government needs a close look. Yesterday he posted this on facebook. Where is the law enforcement in his parallel government?

https://www.facebook.com/215693/posts/1 ... 136852973/
Please wait, video is loading...
Shameless hypocrite,

you will be held accountable when the rule of law will prevail over the lawlessness you seem to try to distance yoursef now, for all what is happening on our innocent people.

They say "one man's villian is another man's hero" and the mob you are labouring yourself to distance yourself from now are the same mob that you were trying to lecture us as your heros.

Did't we tell here, if the gangs some people call qeerroo are not primarily the burden of the Oromo people? Now we are witnessing in just 2 to 3 years the chicken has come home to roost, what remians to be seen is holding accountable those who have conciously engineered this mayhem on our people.

"common occurrence"? Is that not what you have been calling for to happen? Those who are claiming to administer the cause of the people need to act now before more innocent people's life got lost.

This idiot should explain to us why were all those manga's (human herd) needed to gather in Shashammane, in the first place? To crown King Jawar?

It is high time for those in power to act now to avoid much more innocent lives being lost!

Degnet

Post by Degnet » 13 Aug 2018, 13:14

People are shocked by what happened in Shashemene,why?Lynch,were we not shocked by this happening in old USA.

Masud

Post by Masud » 13 Aug 2018, 14:24

Yes, Ethiopia doesn't allow dual citizenship. Anyone who wants to run for public office in Erhiopiamust renounce his/her "for bread or for safety" citizenship and apply for Ethiopian Citizenship and get it. This is for all those who are ever to take power in Ethiopia including Yedil Atbiyas (vultures).

Two things I hate most in this Jawar's interview are:
1) He repeatedly said we kicked TPLF out of the power-This is undiplomatic and politically very incorrect. The party in power is EPRDF and TPLF is part of that ruling party."

2) He repeatedly said we did that, we will do this. For example, he said we will hold conference in Jijiga. He thinks that he is speaking for the government. He must stop such pretending.

Revelations wrote:
present wrote:

Axumawi

Post by Axumawi » 13 Aug 2018, 14:38

Masud wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 14:24
Yes, Ethiopia doesn't allow dual citizenship. Anyone who wants to run for public office in Erhiopiamust renounce his/her "for bread or for safety" citizenship and apply for Ethiopian Citizenship and get it. This is for all those who are ever to take power in Ethiopia including Yedil Atbiyas (vultures).

1) He repeatedly said we kicked TPLF out of the power-This is undiplomatic and politically very incorrect. The party in power is EPRDF and TPLF is part of that ruling party."

2) He repeatedly said we did that, we will do this. For example, he said we will hold conference in Jijiga. He thinks that he is speaking for the government. He must stop such pretending.

Revelations wrote:
present wrote:

You need to update yourself with the language of the times.
I suggest even on the internet look at some of the Open Society Soros training.

The first thing they train you is don't try to be reasonable, do not be modest, and above all don't try to explain.

When you accuse or blame your enemies use extreme like Nazi, Corrupt, Fanatic, KKK, etc no room for analysis and doubt
When you speak about yourself again extreme hero, jegna, winner, popular, populist, everybody supports you, you have hidden power...etc

Use extreme putdowns people will forget the next day so don't worry about people asking you about what you said in the past.

When you win everything can be forgiven and forgotten.

A Ukrainian guy has written about this on what they used during their regime change.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Aug 2018, 15:06

I agree with most of what you said except "Jawar is pretending to speak for the government". he spoke of "qeroo government" which he leads I suppose. And his statements are on behalf of that "government".

Masud wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 14:24

Revelations

Post by Revelations » 13 Aug 2018, 20:30

Ethiopia has “two governments” says Jawar in interview

By Teshome M. Borago | Zehabesha- Satenaw Media

In an exclusive interview with Nahoo TV, Oromo activist Jawar Mohammed said two authorities are ruling Ethiopia today.

“We have two governments in Ethiopia: Abiy’s government and Qeerroo government,” claimed Jawar, the outspoken leader of Qeerroo, an Oromo youth movement.

The interview illustrated the sudden transformation of one of the most iconic Oromo grassroots organizer into an Ethiopian leader; as he repeatedly reaffirmed his commitment for his version of Ethiopian unity and state building.

During the interview, Jawar suggested that most Oromo leaders and Oromo people have no interest to separate from Ethiopia. “If we wanted to secede, we could have easily done it four months ago,” he claimed.

“But secession has no benefits for Oromo or anyone. We need not only keep Ethiopian unity but also seek regional economic integration” in the Horn of Africa, he added.

As the shocking pictures of Oromo mobs in Shashemena town “lynching” and “hanging” a man spread around social media, Jawar condemned civilians who take justice into their own hands. “In the past, It was police brutality, now we see some mob justice, it should be stopped,” he warned.

Jawar also praised the ongoing unity between Oromo and Amhara groups in Ethiopia during his interview. “I give Qeerroo credit for our grassroots effort. We worked really hard to unite the two peoples. Oromo and Amhara are the two stems of this country. If we are united, the rest will follow.”

However, he seemed unhappy when Nahoo TV confronted him about a new “Greater Oromia” map, that annexed Somali areas and even includes Wollo, Afar and southern tip of Tigray. Jawar explained that the controversial map was randomly given to him by Oromo nationalists and it is insignificant.

Jawar appeared irritated that some critics focused on symbolic issues like maps & OLF flags used in Minnesota and parts of Oromia where Qeerroo supporters and Oromos congregated.

At one point, Jawar sounded like Meles Zenawi in 1991, who claimed that Ethiopia would “disintegrate” if it was not for him and for his TPLF’s newfound patriotism.

Referring to his Qeerroo movement, Jawar asked “We saved Ethiopia, why nobody appreciates us?”

“Ethiopian nationalists should bow down and praise us,” Jawar declared.

One of Jawar’s most controversial statements during the interview was his claim that there is no connection and “no cultural exchange” between Oromos and Amharas.

“Oromo and Amhara do not really know each other,” Jawar said.

While Jawar explained it in a different context, his inaccurate statement is not a new divisive rhetoric from Oromo elites. It has long been the political strategy of ethnic nationalists to belittle the historic integration among ethnic and linguistic communities inside Ethiopia.

In reality, the country is famous for breaking ethnic barriers to unite and defeat foreign invaders and build one of the biggest nations in Africa. In fact, tens of millions of Ethiopians are born from multiethnic marriages around the country, (most notably from Oromo and Amhara parents) including new Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed and reportedly Jawar himself. Despite the Oromo language being adopted and remaining dominant in the south over the centuries, many historians also agree that the majority of Oromo population itself is an ancestral fusion of various ancient tribes.

Jawar’s interview displayed a glimpse into future political conflict between ethnic nationalists and Ethiopian nationalist groups like Ginbot 7 and Semayawi Party. Other than pacifying conflicts and resolving the tension with TPLF leaders in Tigray, many analysts see the biggest obstacle for Jawar’s group will be the urban population and Ethiopian nationalists who have a completely different world view.

In 2016, Ethiopian Professor Messay Kebede accused Jawar of promoting “Amhara nationalism” to weaken Ethiopianism.

Professor Messay explained that the ideology of Jawar and Meles Zenawi are similar. “In the eyes of Jawar, Amhara and Oromo have the same foe, Ethiopianism. What is more, there is a reward for dropping Ethiopianism: it will save Ethiopian unity. Jawar wants us to have faith in this extreme paradox: you get to save Ethiopia when you are no longer Ethiopian, that is, when you see Ethiopia as a collection of disparate nations.”

https://www.satenaw.com/ethiopia-has-tw ... interview/