Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Khysion
Member
Posts: 1529
Joined: 06 Nov 2017, 16:34

Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Khysion » 13 Jul 2018, 15:15

I thought there was a drought which began the Oromo migration but it was actually due to trade. Their homeland was between Borana in Ethiopia and northern Kenya.



Source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Q0p ... li&f=false

Za Dengel
Member
Posts: 259
Joined: 30 Jun 2018, 10:22

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Za Dengel » 20 Jul 2018, 20:47

Khysion,

galla relentlessly tried to expand to some of the areas they did later at least from 14th centuries in search for land for their cattle. Even if most of the galla were stopped from entering, some galla in small number were already in Bali, Dawaro and Adal before the 16th century. During Zera Yacob reign (15th century), Gurji galla tried to conquer areas but they were defeated.

Most galla know nothing of trade, agricultural and higher civilizations before they started their destruction campaign and saw Christian and Muslim trade items, agricultural tools and products, and higher civilizations.

Sadacha Macca
Member+
Posts: 9093
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 16:46

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Sadacha Macca » 20 Jul 2018, 21:14

i love to see agames crying about and hating the brave oromo warriors.

Khysion
Member
Posts: 1529
Joined: 06 Nov 2017, 16:34

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Khysion » 20 Jul 2018, 23:14

Za Dengel wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 20:47
Khysion,

galla relentlessly tried to expand to some of the areas they did later at least from 14th centuries in search for land for their cattle. Even if most of the galla were stopped from entering, some galla in small number were already in Bali, Dawaro and Adal before the 16th century. During Zera Yacob reign (15th century), Gurji galla tried to conquer areas but they were defeated.

Most galla know nothing of trade, agricultural and higher civilizations before they started their destruction campaign and saw Christian and Muslim trade items, agricultural tools and products, and higher civilizations.
I disagree with you. Oromos were never present in Bale, Fatagar, Hadiye, Sidamo, Arababni, Dawaro and Mayas region up until the 16th century. Here is a medieval map showing you kingdoms and settlements and you'll not find Gallas present anywhere on the map.



I mean, Dawaro at one point were a vessel state of Adal Sultanate under Imam Ahmed rule. After the weakening of the Adal Sultanate, the Gallas took the opportunity to penetrate deep into Adal territory and assimilate the local population. However, the northern Somalis were still strong and were able to successfully resist the Oromo expansion in their territories and hold them off at Babille, Dire Dawa and Mieso.

By the way, Dawaro Sultanate was established by a sub-clan of Jarso called Dawaro. The Dawaro clan were the Royal ruling hereditary clan that once ruled the Jarso clan. The Jarso clan are a sub-clan of Dir, a major ancient Somali tribe. Today Jarso are part of the Afran Qallo tribe of Oromo since the Jarso were victims of Oromo expansion and got assimilated by them. Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Dawaro

Medo
Member
Posts: 298
Joined: 11 Jul 2018, 12:30

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Medo » 21 Jul 2018, 10:31

Kysion or kasa tsion oromos and Somalis are from same womb brothers most of their aspects like blood religion history etc.. similar they oppressed and marginalized for long. From ancient times Somali Afar Oromo have many interaction they fight each other but immediately they reconsile and attack their enemy I can site you Ahmad gurey Waqo gutu Ziyad Barre and a lot but the recent conflict was exaggerated exacerbated by Weyane and thug ilay when elders from each side said let's do the job of reconciliation your agame contraband rich tribes and their doge hindered together with few forged and paid elders what ever issue they have they can reconcile So, leave us alone and you will see how brothers they are after ilay thugs when Somali and Oromo killing thugs are deposed and now on the way. Worry about your minority leqaqami tribes. Hands off Somali Oromo affair OK.

Medo
Member
Posts: 298
Joined: 11 Jul 2018, 12:30

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Medo » 21 Jul 2018, 10:41

No one should take seriously when agames talk about oromo-Somali issue or Eritrea- Ethiopia issue or Oromo-Amhara issue or Muslims christian issue anywhere in HOA simply we dump their idea in toilet and we know them whatever accounts they open like ethoash mred mredo ethioash Thomas Yehyu and countless names some declaring as Afar Oromo Somali like kasa tsion who was born in jigjiga and Somali speaking gypsy agame they can't deceive us because Ethiopian are awaken and we know agames behavior and at the end of the day they will be Ethiopian gypsies for good. Kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Za Dengel
Member
Posts: 259
Joined: 30 Jun 2018, 10:22

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Za Dengel » 21 Jul 2018, 12:11

Khysion wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 23:14
Za Dengel wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 20:47
Khysion,

galla relentlessly tried to expand to some of the areas they did later at least from 14th centuries in search for land for their cattle. Even if most of the galla were stopped from entering, some galla in small number were already in Bali, Dawaro and Adal before the 16th century. During Zera Yacob reign (15th century), Gurji galla tried to conquer areas but they were defeated.

Most galla know nothing of trade, agricultural and higher civilizations before they started their destruction campaign and saw Christian and Muslim trade items, agricultural tools and products, and higher civilizations.
I disagree with you. Oromos were never present in Bale, Fatagar, Hadiye, Sidamo, Arababni, Dawaro and Mayas region up until the 16th century. Here is a medieval map showing you kingdoms and settlements and you'll not find Gallas present anywhere on the map.



I mean, Dawaro at one point were a vessel state of Adal Sultanate under Imam Ahmed rule. After the weakening of the Adal Sultanate, the Gallas took the opportunity to penetrate deep into Adal territory and assimilate the local population. However, the northern Somalis were still strong and were able to successfully resist the Oromo expansion in their territories and hold them off at Babille, Dire Dawa and Mieso.

By the way, Dawaro Sultanate was established by a sub-clan of Jarso called Dawaro. The Dawaro clan were the Royal ruling hereditary clan that once ruled the Jarso clan. The Jarso clan are a sub-clan of Dir, a major ancient Somali tribe. Today Jarso are part of the Afran Qallo tribe of Oromo since the Jarso were victims of Oromo expansion and got assimilated by them. Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Dawaro
galla was already present in Bali, Dawaro, Arababin and Adal before 16th century although it was in small number. My source is - Southern Ethiopia and Christian Kingdom, 1508-1708: with special reference to galla and their consequences.

Somali might be the ruling family in Dawaro but majority of it popular was Sidama and Harari. Amda Seyon I conquered it and through time it became an integral part of Ethiopia until galla expansion. galla penetration into Dawaro in large number wasn’t as a result of Adal decline but Christian Ethiopia decline. The area only became part of Adal for some years during Ahmed Gragn and after him for few years. Atse Gelawdewos re-conquered it but it was shortly lost to galla and as result Gelawdewos cried like baby when he heard about the loss. Before Gragn, Dawaro was half Christian and half Muslim..

Khysion
Member
Posts: 1529
Joined: 06 Nov 2017, 16:34

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Khysion » 21 Jul 2018, 13:51

Za Dengel wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 12:11
galla was already present in Bali, Dawaro, Arababin and Adal before 16th century although it was in small number. My source is - Southern Ethiopia and Christian Kingdom, 1508-1708: with special reference to galla and their consequences.

Somali might be the ruling family in Dawaro but majority of it popular was Sidama and Harari. Amda Seyon I conquered it and through time it became an integral part of Ethiopia until galla expansion. galla penetration into Dawaro in large number wasn’t as a result of Adal decline but Christian Ethiopia decline. The area only became part of Adal for some years during Ahmed Gragn and after him for few years. Atse Gelawdewos re-conquered it but it was shortly lost to galla and as result Gelawdewos cried like baby when he heard about the loss. Before Gragn, Dawaro was half Christian and half Muslim..
I'm sorry but Sidamo nor Hadiye ever lived in Hararghe. Dawaro Sultanate was literally located in East Hararghe, just look at the map I just posted. Look at the sources I have given you, it tells you that Dawaro was a Somali Sultanate and this is straight from Ethiopian sources themselves. Look I respect you but you can't say some nonsensical crap like that. Yes, I'm aware Abyssinians once colonized Dawaro. However, they were more like a tributary state and they were always Muslims but eventually, it was liberated by Adal Sultanate and became a vessel state of Adal.

You're wrong again. Dawaro at one point were a vessel state of Adal Sultanate under Ahmed Gurey rule until he died and was replaced by Nur Ibn Mujahid. Imam Nur suffered a lot against Oromos and couldn't resist them so the Oromos occupied Dawaro and assimilated the Jaarso clan.


Za Dengel
Member
Posts: 259
Joined: 30 Jun 2018, 10:22

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Za Dengel » 21 Jul 2018, 14:35

Khysion wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 13:51
Za Dengel wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 12:11
galla was already present in Bali, Dawaro, Arababin and Adal before 16th century although it was in small number. My source is - Southern Ethiopia and Christian Kingdom, 1508-1708: with special reference to galla and their consequences.

Somali might be the ruling family in Dawaro but majority of it popular was Sidama and Harari. Amda Seyon I conquered it and through time it became an integral part of Ethiopia until galla expansion. galla penetration into Dawaro in large number wasn’t as a result of Adal decline but Christian Ethiopia decline. The area only became part of Adal for some years during Ahmed Gragn and after him for few years. Atse Gelawdewos re-conquered it but it was shortly lost to galla and as result Gelawdewos cried like baby when he heard about the loss. Before Gragn, Dawaro was half Christian and half Muslim..
I'm sorry but Sidamo nor Hadiye ever lived in Hararghe. Dawaro Sultanate was literally located in East Hararghe, just look at the map I just posted. Look at the sources I have given you, it tells you that Dawaro was a Somali Sultanate and this is straight from Ethiopian sources themselves. Look I respect you but you can't say some nonsensical crap like that. Yes, I'm aware Abyssinians once colonized Dawaro. However, they were more like a tributary state and they were always Muslims but eventually, it was liberated by Adal Sultanate and became a vessel state of Adal.

You're wrong again. Dawaro at one point were a vessel state of Adal Sultanate under Ahmed Gurey rule until he died and was replaced by Nur Ibn Mujahid. Imam Nur suffered a lot against Oromos and couldn't resist them so the Oromos occupied Dawaro and assimilated the Jaarso clan.

Read carefully. I said Harari not Hadiya. And I also said during Gragn time Dawaro was under Adal.

At first Dawaro was just a tributary state but later on it started to be an integral part of Ethiopia just like Fatagar and Bali did. The ppl there were predominantly Sidama and I can give you many sources for it. There was a great Sidama migration in the 1st millennium AD and as result Sidama spreaded to east and south Ethiopia. The population was half Muslim and half Christian. And Dawaro wasn’t located in east Hararghe but West Hararghe.

By the way, Ahmed wasn’t Somali and his chronicler Arab Faqir saw Somali negatively. :lol: Enough with the lies. Ifat and Harar were EthioSemitic speaking sultanates. Adal might be Somali at first but they were heavily influenced by their EthioSemitic speakers neighbors. And Somali were part of the naked nomads who were expanding to western side and caused lot of problem to Ifat, Harar and Abesha states.

Khysion
Member
Posts: 1529
Joined: 06 Nov 2017, 16:34

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Khysion » 21 Jul 2018, 15:18

Za Dengel wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 14:35
Read carefully. I said Harari not Hadiya. And I also said during Gragn time Dawaro was under Adal.

At first Dawaro was just a tributary state but later on it started to be an integral part of Ethiopia just like Fatagar and Bali did. The ppl there were predominantly Sidama and I can give you many sources for it. There was a great Sidama migration in the 1st millennium AD and as result Sidama spreaded to east and south Ethiopia. The population was half Muslim and half Christian. And Dawaro wasn’t located in east Hararghe but West Hararghe.

By the way, Ahmed wasn’t Somali and his chronicler Arab Faqir saw Somali negatively. :lol: Enough with the lies. Ifat and Harar were EthioSemitic speaking sultanates. Adal might be Somali at first but they were heavily influenced by their EthioSemitic speakers neighbors. And Somali were part of the naked nomads who were expanding to western side and caused lot of problem to Ifat, Harar and Abesha states.
You're going to slander Somalis just like that after I was being respectful all this time? Sidamo had their own kingdom, the inhabitants in Fatagar, Bale and Dawaro were different. There were many other Ethiopian kingdoms that were tributary states too. Dawaro Sultanate was established by the Jarso clan and last time I checked they are Somalis. However, the Oromos assimilated them.

Also, Somalis never expanded towards the north. The north is their traditional homeland and it's already been proven so you cannot make things up and Somalis have never been naked ever in history. Somalis were the biggest contributors to the silk trade. Somalis facilitated a rich culture with various forms of Somali culture such as architecture, astronomy, festivals, education, music and variety of art like poetry, prose, calligraphy, miniatures, jewellery, cuisine and rich carpet-weaving and textile arts all evolving and flourishing in their kingdoms and Somalis have some of the best maritime history in Africa.

Ifat Sultanate was Somali Muslim Sultanate. Read the source below.



In fact, here is a 13th-century historian called Ibn Sa'id stated that Zeila was predominantly Somali which was the capital of Ifat Sultanate at that time.



As for Imam Ahmed Gurey. He was also Somali since he was born in Zeila and his brother called Umar Din stated he was Somali, doesn't matter read the source below.



By the way, these are straight from the Ethiopian historical books. Here are the links.

Link 1: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=GWj ... &q&f=false

Link 2: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Q0p ... te&f=false

I'm truly disappointed in you when you insulted and lied about the Somalis. I could've dissed Amharas too but I won't because I have relatives with Amhara families.
Last edited by Khysion on 21 Jul 2018, 16:17, edited 3 times in total.

banebris2013
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: 09 Apr 2013, 20:53

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by banebris2013 » 21 Jul 2018, 15:57

I know for sure that there are people who dedicated their life contemplating the origin of Oromo. Instead of using all your energy in creating hypothesis after hypothesis, why not waste your time in understanding the history of the cushitic people of which the oromo is the biggest number wise. What about starting from Egypt down to current Ethiopia? Have you ever taken time to understand the Gadaa system and the philosophy behind it? How much do you really know about Oromo as a people other than what you collect from misinformed sources? Have you ever been a guest to an Oromo? If you accept misinformation you remain misinformed? What about you do the same with other ethnicity in Ethiopia by disregarding the bogus 3000 years history? Google book and Wikipedia have got us people who are expert in everything (history, medicine, social science etc). The worst part is you read and pick the only part that seems to suits your thoughts on the origin of oromo. There was paragraph in the Google book you used as a source that suggested oromo as being” ancient race, the indigenous stock, perhaps, on which most other people in this part of eastern Africa have been grafted”. so the only thing i can say is there he goes again.
Try this one :http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/i ... 342.0;wap2

Mredo
Member
Posts: 362
Joined: 14 Mar 2018, 11:27

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Mredo » 21 Jul 2018, 16:07

banebris2013 wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 15:57
I know for sure that there are people who dedicated their life contemplating the origin of Oromo. Instead of using all your energy in creating hypothesis after hypothesis, why not waste your time in understanding the history of the cushitic people of which the oromo is the biggest number wise. What about starting from Egypt down to current Ethiopia? Have you ever taken time to understand the Gadaa system and the philosophy behind it? How much do you really know about Oromo as a people other than what you collect from misinformed sources? Have you ever been a guest to an Oromo? If you accept misinformation you remain misinformed? What about you do the same with other ethnicity in Ethiopia by disregarding the bogus 3000 years history? Google book and Wikipedia have got us people who are expert in everything (history, medicine, social science etc). The worst part is you read and pick the only part that seems to suits your thoughts on the origin of oromo. There was paragraph in the Google book you used as a source that suggested oromo as being” ancient race, the indigenous stock, perhaps, on which most other people in this part of eastern Africa have been grafted”. so the only thing i can say is there he goes again.
Try this one :http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/i ... 342.0;wap2
:lol:


Sadacha Macca
Member+
Posts: 9093
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 16:46

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Jul 2018, 16:13

banebris2013 wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 15:57
I know for sure that there are people who dedicated their life contemplating the origin of Oromo. Instead of using all your energy in creating hypothesis after hypothesis, why not waste your time in understanding the history of the cushitic people of which the oromo is the biggest number wise. What about starting from Egypt down to current Ethiopia? Have you ever taken time to understand the Gadaa system and the philosophy behind it? How much do you really know about Oromo as a people other than what you collect from misinformed sources? Have you ever been a guest to an Oromo? If you accept misinformation you remain misinformed? What about you do the same with other ethnicity in Ethiopia by disregarding the bogus 3000 years history? Google book and Wikipedia have got us people who are expert in everything (history, medicine, social science etc). The worst part is you read and pick the only part that seems to suits your thoughts on the origin of oromo. There was paragraph in the Google book you used as a source that suggested oromo as being” ancient race, the indigenous stock, perhaps, on which most other people in this part of eastern Africa have been grafted”. so the only thing i can say is there he goes again.
Try this one :http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/i ... 342.0;wap2
do not take these guys seriously, bro. they are enemies of the oromo, for various reasons. most of them are under-cover grasshopper chasing agames, who hate the oromos, simply because the oromos refused to be 2nd class citizens in their own country.

banebris2013
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: 09 Apr 2013, 20:53

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by banebris2013 » 21 Jul 2018, 16:24

You see you proved my point. Ignorance and hate is your worst enemy. Win over your ignorance and hate, then you will see the difference.

Mredo wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 16:07
banebris2013 wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 15:57
I know for sure that there are people who dedicated their life contemplating the origin of Oromo. Instead of using all your energy in creating hypothesis after hypothesis, why not waste your time in understanding the history of the cushitic people of which the oromo is the biggest number wise. What about starting from Egypt down to current Ethiopia? Have you ever taken time to understand the Gadaa system and the philosophy behind it? How much do you really know about Oromo as a people other than what you collect from misinformed sources? Have you ever been a guest to an Oromo? If you accept misinformation you remain misinformed? What about you do the same with other ethnicity in Ethiopia by disregarding the bogus 3000 years history? Google book and Wikipedia have got us people who are expert in everything (history, medicine, social science etc). The worst part is you read and pick the only part that seems to suits your thoughts on the origin of oromo. There was paragraph in the Google book you used as a source that suggested oromo as being” ancient race, the indigenous stock, perhaps, on which most other people in this part of eastern Africa have been grafted”. so the only thing i can say is there he goes again.
Try this one :http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/i ... 342.0;wap2
:lol:


Mredo
Member
Posts: 362
Joined: 14 Mar 2018, 11:27

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Mredo » 21 Jul 2018, 16:32

Sadacha Macca wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 16:13
banebris2013 wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 15:57
I know for sure that there are people who dedicated their life contemplating the origin of Oromo. Instead of using all your energy in creating hypothesis after hypothesis, why not waste your time in understanding the history of the cushitic people of which the oromo is the biggest number wise. What about starting from Egypt down to current Ethiopia? Have you ever taken time to understand the Gadaa system and the philosophy behind it? How much do you really know about Oromo as a people other than what you collect from misinformed sources? Have you ever been a guest to an Oromo? If you accept misinformation you remain misinformed? What about you do the same with other ethnicity in Ethiopia by disregarding the bogus 3000 years history? Google book and Wikipedia have got us people who are expert in everything (history, medicine, social science etc). The worst part is you read and pick the only part that seems to suits your thoughts on the origin of oromo. There was paragraph in the Google book you used as a source that suggested oromo as being” ancient race, the indigenous stock, perhaps, on which most other people in this part of eastern Africa have been grafted”. so the only thing i can say is there he goes again.
Try this one :http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/i ... 342.0;wap2
do not take these guys seriously, bro. they are enemies of the oromo, for various reasons. most of them are under-cover grasshopper chasing agames, who hate the oromos, simply because the oromos refused to be 2nd class citizens in their own country.
galla Sadacha Macca.
tigary dont care about oromos to much

tigray does not even border oromia


Khysion is somali
and Za Dengel is amhara

i believe that they hate oromo because of galla expansion/galla want to take their land and oromos are trying to genocide somalis

Sadacha Macca
Member+
Posts: 9093
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 16:46

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Jul 2018, 16:39

Mredo wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 16:32
Sadacha Macca wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 16:13
banebris2013 wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 15:57
I know for sure that there are people who dedicated their life contemplating the origin of Oromo. Instead of using all your energy in creating hypothesis after hypothesis, why not waste your time in understanding the history of the cushitic people of which the oromo is the biggest number wise. What about starting from Egypt down to current Ethiopia? Have you ever taken time to understand the Gadaa system and the philosophy behind it? How much do you really know about Oromo as a people other than what you collect from misinformed sources? Have you ever been a guest to an Oromo? If you accept misinformation you remain misinformed? What about you do the same with other ethnicity in Ethiopia by disregarding the bogus 3000 years history? Google book and Wikipedia have got us people who are expert in everything (history, medicine, social science etc). The worst part is you read and pick the only part that seems to suits your thoughts on the origin of oromo. There was paragraph in the Google book you used as a source that suggested oromo as being” ancient race, the indigenous stock, perhaps, on which most other people in this part of eastern Africa have been grafted”. so the only thing i can say is there he goes again.
Try this one :http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/i ... 342.0;wap2
do not take these guys seriously, bro. they are enemies of the oromo, for various reasons. most of them are under-cover grasshopper chasing agames, who hate the oromos, simply because the oromos refused to be 2nd class citizens in their own country.
galla Sadacha Macca.
tigary dont care about oromos to much

tigray does not even border oromia


Khysion is somali
and Za Dengel is amhara

i believe that they hate oromo because of galla expansion/galla want to take their land and oromos are trying to genocide somalis
agame boy,
none of those dudes are what they say they are. u agames lie as naturally as you breathe.
nobody is stupid enough to believe you, any of you.

Khysion
Member
Posts: 1529
Joined: 06 Nov 2017, 16:34

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Khysion » 21 Jul 2018, 16:51

Sadacha Macca wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 16:13
banebris2013 wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 15:57
I know for sure that there are people who dedicated their life contemplating the origin of Oromo. Instead of using all your energy in creating hypothesis after hypothesis, why not waste your time in understanding the history of the cushitic people of which the oromo is the biggest number wise. What about starting from Egypt down to current Ethiopia? Have you ever taken time to understand the Gadaa system and the philosophy behind it? How much do you really know about Oromo as a people other than what you collect from misinformed sources? Have you ever been a guest to an Oromo? If you accept misinformation you remain misinformed? What about you do the same with other ethnicity in Ethiopia by disregarding the bogus 3000 years history? Google book and Wikipedia have got us people who are expert in everything (history, medicine, social science etc). The worst part is you read and pick the only part that seems to suits your thoughts on the origin of oromo. There was paragraph in the Google book you used as a source that suggested oromo as being” ancient race, the indigenous stock, perhaps, on which most other people in this part of eastern Africa have been grafted”. so the only thing i can say is there he goes again.
Try this one :http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/i ... 342.0;wap2
do not take these guys seriously, bro. they are enemies of the oromo, for various reasons. most of them are under-cover grasshopper chasing agames, who hate the oromos, simply because the oromos refused to be 2nd class citizens in their own country.
Nobody here is talking about Oromo history. Nobody here wants Oromos to be second-class citizens and nobody here is Agame apart from Mredo. Now get the hell out of my thread you emotional Galla.

Tigray only hates Tigrinya and Amhara, they don't give two sh!ts about Gallas so stop making it seem like all Somalis and all Amharas love you because they don't. Take your victimhood elsewhere!

Sadacha Macca
Member+
Posts: 9093
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 16:46

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Sadacha Macca » 21 Jul 2018, 16:56

Khysion wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 16:51
Sadacha Macca wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 16:13
do not take these guys seriously, bro. they are enemies of the oromo, for various reasons. most of them are under-cover grasshopper chasing agames, who hate the oromos, simply because the oromos refused to be 2nd class citizens in their own country.
Nobody here is talking about Oromo history. Nobody here wants Oromo to be second-class citizens and nobody here is Agame apart from Mredo. Now get out of my thread you emotional Galla.

Tigray only hates Tigrinya and Amhara, they don't give two [deleted] about Gallas so stop making it seem all Somalis and all Amharas love you because they don't. Take your victimhood elsewhere!
All you do is talk about the Oromo, you're obsessed with them, as if one of them stole your grasshopper in 3rd grade, or something, :lol:
Even if you did want the oromo to be 2nd class citizens, you cannot do it, because you would be destroyed and buried, quick.
But, in general, we know agames have no legitimate reason to hate oromos, their hatred is based on not being able to rule the country and rob it.
and of course u would do deny your agame-ness, just like your other username(s) like mred, agameAsh, and others.
and if you are not tigrayan, why are u speaking for them and telling us who they hate/don't hate? let them speak for themselves, if u are not one of them?
and i never said all amhara/somalis love oromos, but on the internet, we know that agames like to pretend and lie, to incite hatred, when/if they can.

Khysion
Member
Posts: 1529
Joined: 06 Nov 2017, 16:34

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Khysion » 21 Jul 2018, 17:13

Sadacha Macca wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 16:56
All you do is talk about the Oromo, you're obsessed with them, as if one of them stole your grasshopper in 3rd grade, or something, :lol:
Even if you did want the oromo to be 2nd class citizens, you cannot do it, because you would be destroyed and buried, quick.
But, in general, we know agames have no legitimate reason to hate oromos, their hatred is based on not being able to rule the country and rob it.
and of course u would do deny your agame-ness, just like your other username(s) like mred, agameAsh, and others.
and if you are not tigrayan, why are u speaking for them and telling us who they hate/don't hate? let them speak for themselves, if u are not one of them?
and i never said all amhara/somalis love oromos, but on the internet, we know that agames like to pretend and lie, to incite hatred, when/if they can.
Look at my profile history idiot. I never mentioned anything about Oromos for the last 4/5 months. It's just I thought I knew everything about the Oromo migration until I stumbled across another source that changed my views. I just wanted to share this interesting piece of history and all of a sudden you attack random users and call them Agame? Really? I mean have you seen the Somali forums on history sections? I guess you didn't. :lol:

I'm Gurgura and my tribe suffered enough by the Oromos. Let me name you Somali tribes that despise Oromos and they are Issa, Gadabursi, Gurgura, Geri Kombe, Jidwaaq, Garre, Degoodi, Ajuran and some Ogaden. You can understand since these tribes border Oromos and have a bad history with them and you can say they're a minority among Somalis. However, that still doesn't change the fact that not all Somali love Oromos.

At the end of the day, I'm Somali and this is my only account. I'm here to contribute this forum and if you don't like it then you can exit that way. :arrow:

Za Dengel
Member
Posts: 259
Joined: 30 Jun 2018, 10:22

Re: Oromo expansion happened because of trade influence

Post by Za Dengel » 21 Jul 2018, 17:27

Khysion wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 15:18
Za Dengel wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 14:35
Read carefully. I said Harari not Hadiya. And I also said during Gragn time Dawaro was under Adal.

At first Dawaro was just a tributary state but later on it started to be an integral part of Ethiopia just like Fatagar and Bali did. The ppl there were predominantly Sidama and I can give you many sources for it. There was a great Sidama migration in the 1st millennium AD and as result Sidama spreaded to east and south Ethiopia. The population was half Muslim and half Christian. And Dawaro wasn’t located in east Hararghe but West Hararghe.

By the way, Ahmed wasn’t Somali and his chronicler Arab Faqir saw Somali negatively. :lol: Enough with the lies. Ifat and Harar were EthioSemitic speaking sultanates. Adal might be Somali at first but they were heavily influenced by their EthioSemitic speakers neighbors. And Somali were part of the naked nomads who were expanding to western side and caused lot of problem to Ifat, Harar and Abesha states.
You're going to slander Somalis just like that after I was being respectful all this time? Sidamo had their own kingdom, the inhabitants in Fatagar, Bale and Dawaro were different. There were many other Ethiopian kingdoms that were tributary states too. Dawaro Sultanate was established by the Jarso clan and last time I checked they are Somalis. However, the Oromos assimilated them.

Also, Somalis never expanded towards the north. The north is their traditional homeland and it's already been proven so you cannot make things up and Somalis have never been naked ever in history. Somalis were the biggest contributors to the silk trade. Somalis facilitated a rich culture with various forms of Somali culture such as architecture, astronomy, festivals, education, music and variety of art like poetry, prose, calligraphy, miniatures, jewellery, cuisine and rich carpet-weaving and textile arts all evolving and flourishing in their kingdoms and Somalis have some of the best maritime history in Africa.

Ifat Sultanate was Somali Muslim Sultanate. Read the source below.



In fact, here is a 13th-century historian called Ibn Sa'id stated that Zeila was predominantly Somali which was the capital of Ifat Sultanate at that time.



As for Imam Ahmed Gurey. He was also Somali since he was born in Zeila and his brother called Umar Din stated he was Somali, doesn't matter read the source below.



By the way, these are straight from the Ethiopian historical books. Here are the links.

Link 1: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=GWj ... &q&f=false

Link 2: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Q0p ... te&f=false

I'm truly disappointed in you when you insulted and lied about the Somalis. I could've dissed Amharas too but I won't because I have relatives with Amhara families.
For Dawaro being largely Sidama-Hadiya (forgot to add Hadiya previously),
- Islamic History and Culture in Southern Ethiopia: Collected Essays

Fatagar, Dawaro and Bali inhabitants were heterogeneous but Dawaro and Bali were largely Sidama-Hadiya.

Ifat wasn’t a Somali sultanate. Yes Zeila was/is Somali but proper Ifat (present day northeast Shewa) was largely Argobba and Muslim Amara (Ethiosemitic) back then. 14th century historian Al-Umari said Ifat spoke Abyssinian. Scholars as result suggests that the 'Abyssinian' in this assertion denotes an Ethio- Semitic language.

Somali or pre Somali ppl migrated from south to north. The westward expansion I was referring happened long after the south-north migration.

Post Reply