Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
yaballo
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 02:30

Abush Zeleke's - Bayneges Minew/ባይነገስ ምንነው: Music dedicated to the newly crowned & 7th king of Ethiopia - Abiy Ahmad.

Post by yaballo » 17 May 2018, 22:31

XXX
Video1: Abush Zeleke's - Bayneges Minew/ባይነገስ ምንነው.



Music video loading, please wait. Abush Zeleke's - Bayneges Minew/ባይነገስ ምንነው.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OeLYLE8E_s
Video2: "My mother foretold that her son - Abiy Ahmad - would become the 7th emperor of Ethiopia" .. says Ato Abiy Ahmad. The man is nuts ... :lol: :oops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhDoLdIYfyg Video3: someone should tell the newly crowned emperor of Ethiopia to stick to one language & not to add/use copious amounts of English psycho-social & management jargon in his speeches delivered in Amharic. የጉራማይሌ ንጉሥ ቢቀር ይሻላል። In the following video clip, Abiy said: "day ina night meserat yasfeligal" .. wow. Of course, there are perfectly good words in Amharic for "day ina night" :!: . Here is the clip & you be the judge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7KpmbIqvSc

Dawi
Member
Posts: 1748
Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 03:47

Re: Abush Zeleke's - Bayneges Minew/ባይነገስ ምንነው: Music dedicated to the newly crowned & 7th king of Ethiopia - Abiy Ahmad.

Post by Dawi » 18 May 2018, 03:19

yaballo wrote:someone should tell the newly crowned emperor of Ethiopia to stick to one language & not to add/use copious amounts of English psycho-social & management jargon in his speeches delivered in Amharic. የጉራማይሌ ንጉሥ ቢቀር ይሻላል። In the following video clip, Abiy said: "day ina night meserat yasfeligal" .. wow. Of course, there are perfectly good words in Amharic for "day ina night" . Here is the clip & you be the judge.
yaballo,

For one, this presentation wasn't made to ordinary folks; it was made to high level government officials. The subject matter is not thought in Amharic in Ethiopian Universities. He might as well spoken English in his lecture but, was more intelligible in "ጉራማይሌ" to the larger audience.

Some terms in the subject may not even have an Amharic equivalent however, at times he has made an effort by introducing few familiar geez words side by side to make the lecture comprehensible and intimate to his audience.

It is also known that, "Amharic" is not his native tongue; it is one of the four to five languages he learned to speak. Anybody can tell the man was not giving the lecture for personal aggrandizement; he simply told his own childhood experience as an illustration where & why he picked his time management skills; he didn’t pick it up from some "psycho-social & management" book as you alluded but, was passed by a mother with high self-motivation for him to hold high hope by encouraging and believing in him that he shall be the 7th “King” of Ethiopia.

He believed his mom and lo on behold, became the “king” today! 8)

Abush didn't write "ባይነገስ ምንነው" for a genuine like Dr. Abiy but, for the counterfeit ones!

So, the criticism is uncalled for; not only that, the amount of time you took to attack Dr. Abiy exposes who you are and where you stand on Ethiopian matters. You should be ashamed of yourself.
yaballo wrote:Video1: Abush Zeleke's - Bayneges Minew/ባይነገስ ምንነው.



Music video loading, please wait. Abush Zeleke's - Bayneges Minew/ባይነገስ ምንነው.

]

yaballo
Member
Posts: 1569
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 02:30

Re: Abush Zeleke's - Bayneges Minew/ባይነገስ ምንነው: Music dedicated to the newly crowned & 7th king of Ethiopia - Abiy Ahmad.

Post by yaballo » 18 May 2018, 09:46

Dawi: It is also known that, "Amharic" is not his native tongue; it is one of the four to five languages he learned to speak.
Dawi,

eeee, no! I think the man's [Abiy's] home or mother language - aka his 'ye af mefcha quanqua' - was Amharic. Remember that his mother is Gondere who, I suspect, spoke little to no Afaan Oromo just like most Amhara settlers in Oromia & southern Ethiopia. That suggests that, as a child, his primary language at home was Amharic. Or, at least, Amharic & Afaan Oromo. That is: his mother spoke to him in Amharic. Of course, he speaks fluent Amharic as an adult. A native Oromo whose primary childhood language - or home language - was Afaan Oromo would speak Amharic with some accent. Of course, he is married to a Gondere who speaks zero Afaan Oromo. This too suggests that even as an adult, his primary language at home would have to be Amharic. The fellow is more Amhara than Oromo.

temple
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 20:25

Re: Abush Zeleke's - Bayneges Minew/ባይነገስ ምንነው: Music dedicated to the newly crowned & 7th king of Ethiopia - Abiy Ahmad.

Post by temple » 18 May 2018, 16:09

Yaballo is a typical Amhara or diqala always trying to discredit Oromos. You will all be deported soon.

Abe Abraham
Member
Posts: 4877
Joined: 05 Jun 2013, 13:00

Re: Abush Zeleke's - Bayneges Minew/ባይነገስ ምንነው: Music dedicated to the newly crowned & 7th king of Ethiopia - Abiy Ahmad.

Post by Abe Abraham » 18 May 2018, 18:07

yaballo wrote:
Dawi: It is also known that, "Amharic" is not his native tongue; it is one of the four to five languages he learned to speak.
Dawi,

eeee, no! I think the man's [Abiy's] home or mother language - aka his 'ye af mefcha quanqua' - was Amharic. Remember that his mother is Gondere who, I suspect, spoke little to no Afaan Oromo just like most Amhara settlers in Oromia & southern Ethiopia. That suggests that, as a child, his primary language at home was Amharic. Or, at least, Amharic & Afaan Oromo. That is: his mother spoke to him in Amharic. Of course, he speaks fluent Amharic as an adult. A native Oromo whose primary childhood language - or home language - was Afaan Oromo would speak Amharic with some accent. Of course, he is married to a Gondere who speaks zero Afaan Oromo. This too suggests that even as an adult, his primary language at home would have to be Amharic. The fellow is more Amhara than Oromo.
I agree with your analysis but I am not sure whether one can conclusively state that '' the fellow " is more Amhara than Oromo . He is kind of an orphan who tries his best to be liked by the Amharas,Oromos and Tigrayans. Deep down in his heart he doesn't know who he is. In a way somewhat like his poor mother.

Post Reply