Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
abaya

Re: Wallegans, please stop fvcking up Afan Oromo

Post by abaya » 16 Apr 2018, 18:53

Did you say your dad was "DOMA"? You are DOMA too. Fara!

temple

Post by temple » 16 Apr 2018, 20:00

abaya wrote:Did you say your dad was "DOMA"? You are DOMA too. Fara!
No, I'm not insulting my own dad, can you read between the lines? I'm dissatisfied with qube which was supposed to standardize the different dialects and just so happens to be same as spoken around Wallega, which is why I mentioned Wallega. And I'm far from fara, in fact I'm diaspora which makes me, by definition, not that. :lol:

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 16 Apr 2018, 20:31

Macca is the clan that lives in wallaga.
Try again kid.

temple

Post by temple » 16 Apr 2018, 21:15

Sadacha Macca wrote:Macca is the clan that lives in wallaga.
Try again kid.
Clan consciousness is still a thing? Thanks for the insight, kid.
PS: anyway looks like you're right I had to peek at Wikipedia. I always thought Wallega was tulama but looks like it's both Macca and tulama. Not that any of this matters except for historical reasons of course, at least to me 8)

temple

Post by temple » 16 Apr 2018, 23:10

I think some of you are offended to I retracted, apparently thread is unaffected, only post. Oh well. :roll:

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 16 Apr 2018, 23:47

Next time, prior to commenting on anything; know what you are talking about, kid.

temple

Post by temple » 17 Apr 2018, 00:03

Sadacha Macca wrote:Next time, prior to commenting on anything; know what you are talking about, kid.
Anyway, I still refuse to use your Qubeee. And as long as you insist to use it you can forget national status because nobody will want to write by doubling every letter, its not pleasant trust me.

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 17 Apr 2018, 08:03

Nobody gives a [deleted] what u dont want to use.

yaballo

Post by yaballo » 17 Apr 2018, 09:55

Try again kid.
Sadacha:

Akkami, fayyaa? .. By the way, 'Macca' is not just a clan of the Wollega-Oromo but, also, an important clan among the Boorana-Oromoo &, by extension, of other Oromo groups too. The Boorana-Oromoo are divided into two moieties named 'Sabbo-sedeeni' ['the three Sabboo clans'] & 'Goona-ballaa/baldhaa'. [Boranas clip words where they would say: 'ballaa' to say 'baldhaa, 'yaballo' to say 'yaa-baldhaa' :idea: , etc]. Roughly, these two moieties correspond with ancient Oromo moieties named 'Bareentuma [= 'Sabbo'/'Sabbo-sadeeni' & 'Goona'/'Goona-baldhaa'. Clans named 'Macca', 'Bachoo', 'Galaantuu', 'Oddituu', 'Maliyyuu', Worra-jiddaa, Worra-dayyuu, etc; form part of the Goona-baldhaa moiety [Goona balldhaa because there are many clans in it while there are only 3 clans in the opposing Sabbo-sadeeni moiety]. Clans like Karayyuu, Arsi, Ittu [Hararghe], etc; form part of the Boorana's Sabbo/Sabbo-sadeeni moiety. In a sense, today's Borana moiety & clan structure corresponds with the ancient 'Boorana' & 'Barentuma' moieties. Among the Boorana-Oromoo, a person who belongs to a 'macca' clan is known as 'maccittu'. Nagaatti.

temple

Post by temple » 17 Apr 2018, 10:11

Sadacha Macca wrote:Nobody gives a [deleted] what u dont want to use.
Apparently, you don't either because qubeee says you're missing an extra A at the end of you name :lol:

Sadacha Macca
Member+

Post by Sadacha Macca » 17 Apr 2018, 13:26

yaballo wrote:
Try again kid.
Sadacha:

Akkami, fayyaa? .. By the way, 'Macca' is not just a clan of the Wollega-Oromo but, also, an important clan among the Boorana-Oromoo &, by extension, of other Oromo groups too. The Boorana-Oromoo are divided into two moieties named 'Sabbo-sedeeni' ['the three Sabboo clans'] & 'Goona-ballaa/baldhaa'. [Boranas clip words where they would say: 'ballaa' to say 'baldhaa, 'yaballo' to say 'yaa-baldhaa' :idea: , etc]. Roughly, these two moieties correspond with ancient Oromo moieties named 'Bareentuma [= 'Sabbo'/'Sabbo-sadeeni' & 'Goona'/'Goona-baldhaa'. Clans named 'Macca', 'Bachoo', 'Galaantuu', 'Oddituu', 'Maliyyuu', Worra-jiddaa, Worra-dayyuu, etc; form part of the Goona-baldhaa moiety [Goona balldhaa because there are many clans in it while there are only 3 clans in the opposing Sabbo-sadeeni moiety]. Clans like Karayyuu, Arsi, Ittu [Hararghe], etc; form part of the Boorana's Sabbo/Sabbo-sadeeni moiety. In a sense, today's Borana moiety & clan structure corresponds with the ancient 'Boorana' & 'Barentuma' moieties. Among the Boorana-Oromoo, a person who belongs to a 'macca' clan is known as 'maccittu'. Nagaatti.

Thanks for the knowledge, but i know that the macca dont just live in wallaga.
They aĺso live in jimma, ilubabor, etc.
Ive been told that the macca is the biggest clan.
Is that true sir?

yaballo

Post by yaballo » 17 Apr 2018, 23:34

Sadacha,

Among the Boorana-Oromo, the distribution of the population into 'Saboo' & 'Goona' moieties is almost 50-50. This was not a coincidence but owes to a rigid & gada based marriage system where a person from a 'Sabboo' moiety [or from the clans that make up this moiety] marry a girl/woman from the opposing 'Goona' moiety [or the clans under it]. That arrangement has helped balance the number of people contained in individual clans. Though there are some fairly large clans in terms of their people [eg. Karayyu is one of the largest clans of the Boorana-Oromo], most clans have comparable number of people in them. The Macca clan is about an average-sized clan among the Boorana-Oromo. I suspect that Oromo communities that abandoned the mentioned pattern of marriage led to clans such as Macca to behave as independent/autonomous tribes. Some of these self-contained/autonomous clans grew into fairly large communities due to economical, military, cultural [gudifacha, etc] factors. Yes, the Macca-Oromo community of west-central Oromia is among the most populous Oromo groups & this could be due to the mentioned factors that allowed it to grow as an autonomous/independent tribe.

Nagaatti.