Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ittuabafarda

Democracy has its existence/survival hinging on tolerance!!

Post by ittuabafarda » 30 Nov 2019, 20:15

This young man, Obbo Lemma, is entitled to his opinion. If democracy is to take roots in the country such reality must be present and practices in functioning parties first. Opposite ideas should be allowed without any retribution. When majority rules by recognizing the rights of a minority of opposition then we can start talking democracy. The minority has the due diligence to carry out the decisions passed with a majority vote. Also, his rights to disassociate himself from the party should be protected. He can join other parties or found a new one, run for a public office as a party member. The rights to run an office should belong to anyone who meets the criteria set by the law of the land. If you are a felon then you should not be allowed to run in the election.

This young man Obbo Lemma is being treated unfair by getting a bad rap for his entitled opinion because he opposes merger at this time. Wasn't he the same patriot who most us applauded when he came out asserting that to be 'an Ethiopian is like an addiction that can't be shrugged off’'? He said that when Oromos like me and him were being told not to even use the term Ethiopian. We were being told to use 'Abyssinian Empire' instead. Then, then every conniver was seen joining him by indulging in that term of the boogeyman’s 'Ethiopian'. All of a sudden they can't get enough of it. For them those who used the term 'Ethiopia' were(are) not Oromos, cannot possibly be Oromos but must be other than Oromos or just Amharas. They used to tell me and others like me that Oromos were never glorious when living with others and they were as such when they were separate and alone. But when I investigated I realized that no ethnic group in that gem of the world was so glorious when living alone. Get this: Amhara were not glorious alone! Oromos were not along alone!!! Tigres were never glorious alone!!! They has never been one so glorious to be classified as a new human 'golden' race leaving others behind as rusting ferrous kind!!!! No human race or civilization was glorious by doing it all alone. Even Rome was not!!! Apparently the Greeks were not!!! The Persians were not!!! The Chinese were not so with just the Great Han alone!!!! Those who tried to preach us the ‘alone’ megalomania’ ended up strung upside down at the Piazzale Loreto and the other one shot himself in the head at some self constructed bunker!!!

This coming out opposing the merger by Obbo Lemma shows he is an upright man of principle. Praise The Lord that gem of the colored has patriots like him!!!

ittuabafarda

Re: Democracy has its existence/survival hinging on tolerance!!

Post by ittuabafarda » 02 Dec 2019, 22:25

As far as I am concerned I have disqualified anyone from either Oromo or Amhara heritage from being the next PM. They just can't help it from bringing baggage proven to be lightening rod no matter how you dissect it!!! They will be distracted by too much rubbish moaning and crying. They could be good men but until the men of influence in both ethnic groups are able to sort things out they will not be fit to lead. Although there are very encouraging news that these two groups have finally waken up to the reality and are said to be talking in earnest. The disunity between these two giants of history means is a bad omen for that pride of the colored. Until then I say to them 'back in the line!!!' At least for now!!!

tolcha

Post by tolcha » 02 Dec 2019, 22:35

I don't care about your Ethiopia, but No one rules Oromia without pure Oromo.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 03 Dec 2019, 13:22

tolcha wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 22:35
Who might be that pure somebody? :mrgreen: The habitual TPLF zinger. Please come clean and do not try to hide behind the Oromo shield..you have been figured out long before today :lol: The PP omen is forcing you to unload your garbage everywhere you turn. Keep barking...dawg !

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 03 Dec 2019, 13:45

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 13:22
tolcha wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 22:35
Who might be that pure somebody? :mrgreen: The habitual TPLF zinger. Please come clean and do not try to hide behind the Oromo shield..you have been figured out long before today :lol: The PP omen is forcing you to unload your garbage everywhere you turn. Keep barking...dawg !

Tolcha is definitely an agame cyber troll.
He's spent more time insulting Oromos than encouraging, inspiring, etc, Oromos.
That's just 1 example of his non oromo ways

Tog Wajale

Post by Tog Wajale » 03 Dec 2019, 13:53

Dedebit Woorgach Agga*me T.P.L.F Woyane Rat Cadre * Ittubafarda * ,Tell That To Your Dedebit Woorgach Agga*me Tigriayan Prostitu*te Who*re Mother.
Democracy My As*s . The Liggaggamm Pentte Ahmed Abiyot Administration Are Not Doing Their Job, He Was Not Elected By Majority Ethiopian Voters, He Was Hand Picked By C.I.A. & Dedebit Woorgach Agga*me T.P.L.F Woyane Former Criminals Leadership To Save Their As*s Until Their Death In Mekelle And Adwa Fancy Hotels.
As For Ogaden Somali People, We Were Marginalized The Last 90 Years Plus 28 Years By Dedebit Woorgach Agga*me T.P.L.F Woyane Minority Leaders. The Only Friend We Have Is The Eritrean Government & People, That Is It. Our People Were Murdered, Raped, Stolen Their Lands, Genocide Committed On Videos & Documentation. Now You Want To Steal Our Natural Resources ☆ Gas, Oil, Gold, Diamond, Opal & Potash To Your Own Benefits. In My Dead Body, That Will Not Happened. The Ogaden Somali People & O.N.L.F. Are Well Organized Disciplined Armies, Can Challenge Any One On Ethiopia. Those Days Are Over ,Destruction, Burning Villages, Stealing Our Animals, Pastoral & Crops Will Not Be Repeated Again, We Have Enough Armies To Protect Our Ogaden Somali Harare Areas.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 03 Dec 2019, 14:19

ittuabafarda wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 20:15
This young man, Obbo Lemma, is entitled to his opinion. If democracy is to take roots in the country such reality must be present and practices in functioning parties first. Opposite ideas should be allowed without any retribution. When majority rules by recognizing the rights of a minority of opposition then we can start talking democracy. The minority has the due diligence to carry out the decisions passed with a majority vote. Also, his rights to disassociate himself from the party should be protected. He can join other parties or found a new one, run for a public office as a party member. The rights to run an office should belong to anyone who meets the criteria set by the law of the land. If you are a felon then you should not be allowed to run in the election.

This young man Obbo Lemma is being treated unfair by getting a bad rap for his entitled opinion because he opposes merger at this time. Wasn't he the same patriot who most us applauded when he came out asserting that to be 'an Ethiopian is like an addiction that can't be shrugged off’'? He said that when Oromos like me and him were being told not to even use the term Ethiopian. We were being told to use 'Abyssinian Empire' instead. Then, then every conniver was seen joining him by indulging in that term of the boogeyman’s 'Ethiopian'. All of a sudden they can't get enough of it. For them those who used the term 'Ethiopia' were(are) not Oromos, cannot possibly be Oromos but must be other than Oromos or just Amharas. They used to tell me and others like me that Oromos were never glorious when living with others and they were as such when they were separate and alone. But when I investigated I realized that no ethnic group in that gem of the world was so glorious when living alone. Get this: Amhara were not glorious alone! Oromos were not along alone!!! Tigres were never glorious alone!!! They has never been one so glorious to be classified as a new human 'golden' race leaving others behind as rusting ferrous kind!!!! No human race or civilization was glorious by doing it all alone. Even Rome was not!!! Apparently the Greeks were not!!! The Persians were not!!! The Chinese were not so with just the Great Han alone!!!! Those who tried to preach us the ‘alone’ megalomania’ ended up strung upside down at the Piazzale Loreto and the other one shot himself in the head at some self constructed bunker!!!

This coming out opposing the merger by Obbo Lemma shows he is an upright man of principle. Praise The Lord that gem of the colored has patriots like him!!!
Ittuabafarda,

Obbo Lemma and anybody else should be entitled to his/her free opinion, like you said. It is the basis of democratic principle.

The troubling side of his coming out opposing his own party line is when I try to connect the dots. He is reportedly said to have associated himself with the guy calling himself the owner of the "change", Jaanjoo Mohammad. The latter claimed that he is the owner of the qeerroo and qeerroo is the owner of the change. At the same time this guy was never on the scene during the so called Oromo or other Ethiopians' protest, I heard he even tried to avoid flying over Nairobi Airport somewhere.

The claim as such is also not a problem as far as it remains just pure claim. He can own everything, I care less about that, if it just remains a claim.

But recently I came across his speech at Minnesota to croud of people for fund raising (I assume) where he also announced about his intention to run for office before the issue of 86 innocent people of my country, who lost their unreplacable lives, settled or got some legal address. I do care about such issues. As if that alone is not enough the guy said in front of those who gathered there: "yes it has to be our turn, we have waited for over 150 years, and we have to make this happen through the next election".

This claim is even more troubling for me, if this guy ever happen to come to office and be given any sort of government responsibility.

I just asked myself if he meant what he was claiming all along, that his group were denied justice for the last 150 years, how on earth would he come to the idea of taking over the post and install his own version of the same injustice??

If this is not installing one's own version of injustice, then what has it got to do with the claim: "yes it has to be our turn...." crap?

The guy can claim anything, and I shouldn't be worried about it, because he too is entitled to his opinion. But the moment those in office, who are responsible for the affairs of the country and its people, also start to associate themselves with such individuals who can make such reckless claims in public, then I have got a problem with Obbo Lemma Megersa or others, who might end up associating themselves with such individuals at the end.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 04 Dec 2019, 01:07

Dear DefendTheTruth:

I come to you pledging nothing but harmony and peace!!!

I don't the merger is the only reason for Obbo Lemma's coming out as someone who opposes it. I was not sure why he was removed from the chairmanship of OPDO and the subsequent transfer to a cabinet position as a defense minister. It did not jive for me. I thought something must have been afoot for that decision and the PM should not have been the lone decision maker of that. I have my respect and gratitude for this young man for taking risks to stand up to the bigoted despots who could not get enough of mowing down protesting citizens. In the meantime, I am still wrestling with myself if he violated his party's abiding internal rules for giving the interview. He also did not clarify what are the issues that affects the Oromia region ALONE that were not met or fulfilled. To me the issues that had been afflicting my Oromos alone were amicably answered after 1995. The improprieties done to them are not any different from what other ethnic groups were being subjected to since then. Those in the business of trying to yank away a territory for their personal fiefdom think otherwise. That is why I have been calling for a unified struggle. I have been saying this since the early 1970's now. No ethnic group in that gem of the colored will ever be able to see a day in a system where no one is above the law and the rights of the individual are protected by the law of the land by struggling for it all alone. By doing so it will open a venue or a guaranteed possibility for despots to take the mantle and latch on their backs like Sheik al-Bahr for generations. My proof is in the pudding! Just look around. They have to deal with that alone because their previous neighbors will never come to their rescue. The only solution they will have leaving their places of birth they had fought for with their blood and sweat!!! Talking and delivering are two opposing nature of the beast. Smart alecks have no match in talking paradise but delivering is not in their cup of tea and it won’t take them more than a day to show their true face as unbending despots.

Blessings!!!!

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 04 Dec 2019, 02:08

The lawlessness that has been reigning in Oromia didn’t make sense to many of us. There are close to 200,000 Leyu force in Oromia, there are police stations all across Oromia. The security apparatus both at federal and local level are led by Oromos. Abo Lema is the defence minister of F.D of Ethiopia. The air force is led by Oromo. While they are positioned to have both the federal and local under their control, Oromia has been the most violent lawless region of all nine. Abo lema’s interview on BBC made the cause of the problem crystal clear. In retrospect, I now understand Abey’s hesitance and confusing statements- that is -his own close friend has been conspiring with Ayatola jawars camp to demonstrate Abey’s powerlessness to Ethiopian people; thus paving the way to remove him from power either voluntary or by force. The support Ayatola jawar Mohamed gotten from these institutions is what made him to do what he has done. He was getting security briefing from Ethiopian National Intelligence and Security Service just as the prime minister. Who made that possible? it is Obo Lema Megersa and all in the high echelons of the security apparatus. After the genocidal Keero rampage, and mass killings the statement coming from these individuals tell us all the backstabbing that went on. To use the government to sabotage the prime minster for political gain is nothing short of treason.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 04 Dec 2019, 05:09

Please read that as: I don't think the merger is the only reason for Obbo Lemma's ....

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 05 Dec 2019, 11:17

If we are all for genuine and practical democracy, we have to acknowledge the fact that these groups are also entitled to their opinion. They have the right to differ also. That means they can support the merger or stand in the opposition of it nonviolently and in civil discourse manner. In doing so they also should expect a barrage of screaming pushback. . Who said democracy means silence and unitary with or for everything in it. Its strength lies in its diversity. It is always moving and in doing so it always sounds raucous. In the case of the old country it has enough to root for and at the same time so many things to pick on. But it is in a serious want of strong neutral media to be trusted by the public at large. To me that is what I understand when experts say it lacks strong institutions of which the media sector is one of them. It(The Federal and regional governments) has to somehow wean itself of the monopoly of the media and limits itself to the offices of the spokespersons. Let it go! Let it evolve in and by itself. Enough with it! Events leading to April 2018 has settled one argument the most. There will never be a onetime regime that will last forever. The despots who had more than 5 million cadres molded in their image were not able to save the day for them. On top of that they had the army, the Special Forces, the air force and close to a million law enforcement units(including the so-called local militia). That ain’t done it, honey!!!! Dégage!!! Out of my sight!!! That should always be kept in mind by everyone including the current leaders!!!!

Coming out in opposition should not be disparaged. It should be let it be because otherwise it will push groups to go underground to wreak havoc. Everyone should feel free to agree or disagree. Everyone should not feel threatened with violence and banishment. We have enough of that, don’t we?

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 05 Dec 2019, 11:22

But the inalienable right does and should NOT include the obstruction of justice by providing shelters or means to escape justice for those who are accused of serious malfeasance. That ain’t it, bud!!!

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 05 Dec 2019, 20:31

My Brother ittuabafarda, whatever happened in the past - or going forward what Abo Lema was able to accomplish to steer the Ethiopian people's struggle into safe harbor, instead of degenerating into a civil war is a heroic accomplishment in and of itself. I don’t think anyone with a sane mind will even try to criticize Abo Lema for taking a political stance consistent in what he believed in. All the things he has said are all fine. And in democracy as you said whether one is right or wrong he is entitled to take stand, argue, campaign then if he wins, he will work with the people who spouse the same idea to implement it. The reason I criticize Abo Lema Megersa has been the way he went about promoting his ideas. Abo Lema more than Abo Abey has a hands on experience in running the Oromia region. Lema has an influence both in Oromia and in the larger Ethiopia. People appreciate his decisiveness in taking action when it is called for. The other big problem in Ethiopia is that party and government is not a separate entity. Lema while publicly has given an impression that he has stood with Abay’s policy, now it became an apparent, that he was undermining him behind his back. Mind you, Obo Lema not only he is the Minster of Ethiopian defense forces , but also he is the leader of ODP, although symbolically Abey is the leader, he has his plate full managing the issues of all Ethiopians. So at this critical time the prime mister expect his buddy to implement his policy. But that is not what happened. The most confusing part was that the prime minster policy has been thwarted by ODP while Obo Lema gave a tacit approval. Most people thought that Abey must have a hidden agenda because what he has been saying and what is taking place was in opposition to each other. The lawlessness , the extrajudicial killing, uprooting , church attacks , and ethnic targeted attacks by keero while the police and the leyu force look on tells us all it is done on purpose to de legitimize Abey. No one even suspected that Abo Lema is against Abey’s policies till he came out in the open himself. The support Abo Lema was getting for a while from genocidal jawar , tegay ararsa, iskale was a good indication that he was their man. What he should have done to maintain his integrity was that State his opposition, Join or establish his own party, state his concern and his plan – Champagne to oust Abey . That I think is the failure of our hero Lema Megersa. What is furstrating is that his err in judgment doesn't represent the full potential of this man, I hope he recovers from it instead of doubling down on his err. Thnaks

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 06 Dec 2019, 02:45

The leader of the wrestled away organization, TPLF, in his speech at the end of the recent anti merger conference has stated that 'We have seen our vulnerabilities due to conspiracies of internal and external forces to distract Ethiopia'. What he did not elaborate was who those internal and external conspirators are. What was his problem of not mentioning them by name? Isn't this a recipe for unfounded and wild mistrust among the citizens of that country? Who are those conspirators, when and where did they conspire? Why does he feel personally threatened? It seems to be that way. Did the noble people of Tigray mulled over the necessity of holding such a conference. There must have been a sizable amount of expenses to plan and hold this conference and did the people there approve the spending? Or is that another brand of democracy at work?

He also added 'We should learn from our past history that our foreign enemies are not only weakening our country but are actively fighting to dismantle it; this forum should be an opportunity to send a wakeup call to all Ethiopians.' Amen to that!!! I hope everyone there has taken a lesson or two from what was experienced in the past of which sowing distrust among citizens is one of them that has left tracks of deaths and destruction in very recent history of that gem of the colored!!! Dear Your Excellency Dr, Debretsion! Do you have names? Not only names but when and where did the conspiracies take place? The citizens including the harmonious people of Tigray are entitled to know. Who, Where and when?

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 06 Dec 2019, 04:12

As far as the Ethiopian people concerned weyanes have played all their cards of intrigue. Yes the looted 💰 has afforded weyanne to gather all these mindless goons to Mekele to parot as the year passed. weyannes deep down know it's the last hoorah into ablivion. Regarding saleing Ethopian interest to Ethopian enemies weyanes wrote the book on anything related to that. As the loot drains, weyane going to shrink to their nature size, till then let them scream like a bunch of brats.

Tog Wajale

Post by Tog Wajale » 06 Dec 2019, 04:26

Bissbiss Shettattam Agga*me Tigriayan Pros*titute Listen To This Masters Orator.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 06 Dec 2019, 22:08

If we are really concerned about the fate of the old country that produced us all, we should refrain from using derogatory terms that are incendiary and provocative to others. Let's not show our cup of tea with ethnicity handles. Words such as the 'G' pejoratively used to describe Oromos like me, the 'Neft,,,' one used by bigots like candies to call our noble neighbors the 'Aga..' one used as derogatory to name our upright people from Tigray do only makes the due diligent work being carried out on daily basis by level head citizens more difficult. Such name calling has been eating at the heart of that glorious country since the 1970's like a malign cancer. I hope we all give it up soon!!!

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 07 Dec 2019, 00:18

Agreed brother.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 07 Dec 2019, 03:53

The list of terms being used by some also includes those that were of a historical significance. From what I have read in the history books the word 'Woyane' was coined by the people of Tigray when they rose up to the power that be in the 1940's. It is also my understanding that it was hijacked by commie smart alecks to trigger public fervor in their efforts to mobilize the gullible and upright people there in the 1970's. I have read accounts by those who were there the whole time how Mao's disciples told the people in that region that the armed struggle they started was the 2nd coming of the first one from the 1940's. After that, as they say, the rest is history. The smart alecks who seemed angelic at first had systematically grown up to be ruthless despots after creating a 'de facto' police state. I remember reading a script from and interview given by the former inner circle of the hijacked front in which he told the interviewer how everyone was looking over his shoulder not sure if he/she had said something the day before was deemed a 'sin' by the pinky goons. In that case you don't know what hit you. There have been accusations of poisoning of the 'unwanted'. Those despots have since been riding on the backs of those upright and fearlessly patriotic people like Shaykh al-Bahr(Old Man of the Sea) in Scheherazade fable. I believe that individuals are the ones who should be the legit targets in the public discourse because the people at large are often innocent. Thanks to the despots’ systematic purges and widespread intelligence network the people there never had the luxury of choice in politics. They were given one and that is it. The mualims of Marx would love us to keep attacking and disparaging them as 'Woyanes'. That is the only card seems to be continuously working for them.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 11 Dec 2019, 00:15

Democracy is not the product of an effort by a single individual or an arrangement made up between a group of friends. As we have seen it in the current such societies it has been a process for a way of life gradually accepted and perpetuated by every citizen where politics is NOT a deciding factor to live with fellow citizens. We have fortunate enough to see families where the wife is a democrat and the husband is a republican or vice versa but that did not stop them from falling in love. In democracy politics does not dictate citizens how to live their personal daily lives. We have seen Catholics marrying and having families with Baptists, Christians falling in love with Muslims because the politics of religion does not determine how to forge their love and every lives. Do we have such social fabric in the old country? The answer is yes. The problem is politics forged by a group of smart alecks that has been imposed on the citizens there decades after decades and one regime after another. To see Pro and con of the regime falling in love has been unthinkable there unless one of them is completely apolitical. I feel the current development seems to be trying to start that process. Tolerance, politics without dictating citizen’s everyday lives and over bearing harmony must have been taking roots now albeit bigots still spewing their scriptures of hatred and the lethal poison that is associated with it. I am not discouraged by what I see now but rather I feel I have something I should pray for daily!!!