Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
EthioRedSea

Why are they delaying delimiting the international boundry between Ethiopia and Eritrea?

Post by EthioRedSea » 01 Dec 2019, 17:06

Eritrea and Ethiopia should have delimited their borders immediately after after Eritrea seceded from Ethiopia. It is a puzzle that Ethiopia has not forced to demaracate the boundry. During TPLF-EPRDF, there was no naone raising such issues.

Most of the leaders in TPLF are from Eritrea or a mixed Eritrea Tigray. In general they look down upon Ethiopians and do not want Ethiopia to get the South Mereb River region. They might want Eritrea to have all the sea and land that once belonged to Ethiopia.

Eritrea benefits from delaying the delimitation of the border as it has the Whle Red sEa and areas that once bellonged to Ethiopia. Delimiting the boundry between Ethiopia and Eritrea should take place. If Eritrea wants to reunite with Ethiopia, it should not be a problem after the demarcation of the border.

Now TPLF is not in power and most Eritreans are not part of the policy making group, we hope the new governmaent will deamrcate the boundry between Ethiopia and Eritrea. Trade betwen Ethiopia and Eritrea should be loose but regulated. Work and tourist visas should be also issued maybe with less price than is done to other richer countries.

kibramlak

Re: Why are they delaying delimiting the international boundry between Ethiopia and Eritrea?

Post by kibramlak » 01 Dec 2019, 17:17

Maybe delineating the boundary is not necessary as Tigray province could be part of Eritreal, loool

EthioRedSea

Re: Why are they delaying delimiting the international boundry between Ethiopia and Eritrea?

Post by EthioRedSea » 01 Dec 2019, 17:24

I think it should be the other way round. I do not like the name "Eritrea" as it is a name given by Italy, which colonised the area by cheating Tigrayans and Ethiopia. I think the general feeling in Tigrya they do not want to be part of Ethiopia or Addis Ababa government.