Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Sadacha Macca

Oromo in charge again; history repeating itself

Post by Sadacha Macca » 12 Oct 2019, 21:39

After the death of the Abyssinian Emperor Tewodros, who died whilst being surrounded by Oromo warriors on all sides with no escape; said this:

''The destinies of Abyssinia are for the present in the hands of the Oromos. If England is to have any more dealings with Abyssinia, they will be the other ''party,'' those fierce Mohammedan tribes who have long occupied the fairest provinces intervening between Northern Abyssinia and Shoa, and who have made of Enarea and Kaffa, Oromo republics and kingdoms. A long time ago when Mr. Plowden first went on his strange and fatal mission to Abyssinia, he found it hard to understand and disentangle the records of the dismembered royalty of Ethiopia; and since then the barbarous, romantic episode of the conquests, the rule, the wild enthusiastic visions, the despair, and the death of King Tewodros/Theodore, has been added to the bewildering history.
The utter extinction in Abyssinia of the Christian faith is to be looked for, as a not distant result of the present ''innings'' of the Oromos; but it would need a fanatic to feel regret for the substitution of El-Islam, considering the utter degradation into which Christianity has fallen in those parts, and the hopeless failure of missionary efforts. The Oromos-of whom Mr. Plowden told us, in his official correspondence, laid before Parliament in August, 1866, that their man are brave and honest, and their women are beautiful, in all which particulars they present a contrast to the late king's (Tewodros) turbulent subjects; so strong a contrast, that one wonders a man of his character did not go over to his own enemies-are dividied into numerous tribes, of which the WOLLO OROMOS are the fiercest and most restless.
Among them are to be found the traditional fine horses and noble horsemanship which were among our few former associations with Abyssinia-taking rank with Bruce's living beefsteak, but pleasanter.

All the Oromo country produces good horses, and all the Oromos ride well; but the Wollo horses and men bear away the palm; the former being wonderfully active, sure-footed, fearless, excellent on un-even ground, handsome, and spirited; and the latter splendid riders, with perfect mastery over their horses, and great fondness for them.
The name given to each horse has a meaning, and great men and warriors are generally better known by the names of their horses than their own.
In the country of the Wollo oromos, the men frequently address each other as ''father of such a horse.''
If one of them is so poor as not to possess a horse, he takes the name of one as his war cry.''

[Every Saturday, Volume 6,
Ticknor and Fields, 1868
pages 507-508]

Weyane.is.dead
Member+

Re: Oromo in charge again; history repeating itself

Post by Weyane.is.dead » 12 Oct 2019, 22:19

Very interesting. Theres a neighbourhood in asmara called aba shawel. Shawel comes from a name of a horse, property of a man that was passing by that place. Aba means father, I wonder if aba shawel was a wollo oromo as the article mentiones they used to call each other father of a said horse.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 13 Oct 2019, 00:11

Weyane.is.dead wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 22:19
Very interesting. Theres a neighbourhood in asmara called aba shawel. Shawel comes from a name of a horse, property of a man that was passing by that place. Aba means father, I wonder if aba shawel was a wollo oromo as the article mentiones they used to call each other father of a said horse.
Thanks bro. I thought so too. Oromos role in ethiopian history is mostly hidden and i know Europeans can be biased but our own African neighbors can be just as bad if not worse.
At times they are more fair. At times they are not. This is human nature.

I posted a while back about an oromo king who potentially ruled what was marab malash..
Or was it midri bahri? Indeed i need to read more about our highlander neighbors history ( from tigray to kebessa and their history).

Barentu is also an oromo term. Its a huge part of the oromo. Barentu being junior brother (quxisu) and borana being angafa (elder). I am maccaa who came from the borana branch. At the very least we maccaa are 11 million alone. We live in jimmaa, wallagga, illubabor and parts of shawa and in benishangul gumuz in small groups where neighbor the gumuz and live with amaras.

Tegadalay halafi mengedi once claim parts of our land for his abay tigray but lol his plans have been permanently crushed.

Abdelaziz

Post by Abdelaziz » 13 Oct 2019, 05:03

You can't declare victory before you reclaim the Oromian "Summit" aka Wello, and before Meshrefet makes lasting peace with the Oromian "Union" aka Wellega.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 13 Oct 2019, 05:57

Sadacha Macca wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 00:11
Weyane.is.dead wrote:
Thanks bro. I thought so too. Oromos role in ethiopian history is mostly hidden and i know Europeans can be biased but our own African neighbors can be just as bad if not worse.

I posted a while back about an oromo king who potentially ruled what was marab malash..
Or was it midri bahri? Indeed i need to read more about our highlander neighbors history ( from tigray to kebessa and their history).

Barentu is also an oromo term. Its a huge part of the oromo. Barentu being junior brother (quxisu) and borana being angafa (elder). I am maccaa who came from the borana branch. At the very least we maccaa are 11 million alone. We live in jimmaa, wallagga, illubabor and parts of shawa and in benishangul gumuz in small groups where neighbor the gumuz and live with amaras.

Tegadalay halafi mengedi once claim parts of our land for his abay tigray but lol his plans have been permanently crushed.
What are you insinuating is that just because barentu is oromo name, it must be oromo. By the same silly understanding, There is city in indonesia which goes by the name Asmara. Does this mean, it is eritrean?

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 13 Oct 2019, 07:19

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 05:57
Sadacha Macca wrote:
Weyane.is.dead wrote:

What are you insinuating is that just because barentu is oromo name, it must be oromo. By the same silly understanding, There is city in indonesia which goes by the name Asmara. Does this mean, it is eritrean?
Deqi-Arawit,

I think Sadacha Macca Makes sometimes just a simple quote from some source and tries to project that as a general truth, but I found here his quote is valueable source that can help us connect the dots and understand better the bigger picture, so don't get panicked at a simple quote and try to draw analogy between the (presumed) similarity of Ethiopia and Eritrea on one hand with that of Eritrea and Indonesia on the other, provided that the said name is real.

Having said may I suggest to you that you try to subscribe to the power of knowledge and try to enlighten yourself so that you can base your arguments on a solid bases. Just before yesterday the South Sudan's President, Mr. Salva Kiir made a speech in the newly refarbished Grand-Palace in Addis Ababa and was talking about the relationship and proximity that existed between the Kingdoms of Kush and Axum during their prminenance of world history and how that bond is still solid today between the peoples of the region. In this regard I don't think there is a far-fetched insinuation, unless you might have some allergic reaction to or fear of the truth.

EthioRedSea

Post by EthioRedSea » 13 Oct 2019, 07:44

Barentu now in South Eritrea might have been under Oromo rule. The Oromo were in Sudan and might have occupied parts of Sudan and Eritrea. Why should the are be called Barentu unless there have been Oromo settlement sometime in the past? Similar to Raya in Tigray. The Oromo shoulld have been there. The Raya people dance and live like Oromos in Borana or Arrusi. We know also the Oromos were ruling Gondar and it is eay to control the Area called Barentu and Raya while the Oromo warriors were controlling Gondar and Wollo.

I am not an Oromo, but would like to understand what happened in the past to properly assess what the future of this region should be? We have to be objective and fair to those who made history.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 13 Oct 2019, 07:58

DefendTheTruth wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 07:19
Deqi-Arawit wrote:
Sadacha Macca wrote:
Weyane.is.dead wrote:

Deqi-Arawit,

I think Sadacha Macca Makes sometimes just a simple quote from some source and tries to project that as a general truth, but I found here his quote is valueable source that can help us connect the dots and understand better the bigger picture, so don't get panicked at a simple quote and try to draw analogy between the (presumed) similarity of Ethiopia and Eritrea on one hand with that of Eritrea and Indonesia on the other, provided that the said name is real.

Having said may I suggest to you that you try to subscribe to the power of knowledge and try to enlighten yourself so that you can base your arguments on a solid bases. Just before yesterday the South Sudan's President, Mr. Salva Kiir made a speech in the newly refarbished Grand-Palace in Addis Ababa and was talking about the relationship and proximity that existed between the Kingdoms of Kush and Axum during their prminenance of world history and how that bond is still solid today between the peoples of the region. In this regard I don't think there is a far-fetched insinuation, unless you might have some allergic reaction to or fear of the truth.
Which truth? 😏 And do i look panicked? 😏

Let me correct dr Salva kirr
Salva kirr is not kushitic but nilotic and the only relationship There was between the nilotic tribe and the axumite was the relationship between a Hunter and prey. The axumite used to Hunt the nilotic tribe and used to enslave them. In fact the Word Baria/slave is an ancient axumite Word which describe dark skinned People. The kunama and the nara used to be declared as baria tribe mainly due to their facial feature and their dark skinned complextion. As you see, dr salva kirr doesn't even know which sub group of People does he belong despite he is a dr and yet he is talking some sugercoating and some political correct non sense which doesn't make sense.

In regard to Sadacha macca. Barentu is a kunama territory and I am sure it means some thing in kunama language

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 13 Oct 2019, 11:04

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
Sadacha Macca wrote:
Weyane.is.dead wrote:

Did i say it was SOLELY an Oromo term? No.
You assumed that falsely.
I said it's an oromo term. That's it. And it is.
Still didn't say it's only an oromo term.

Thomas H

Post by Thomas H » 13 Oct 2019, 13:02

I am happy for Obbo or Jale Sadacha to see him finally he can afford to buy cheap drugs,but we should advise him also not to smoke too much.Here is my reply to your kraknbo:

Donkey in Spanish is ''burro'' whereas for the Italian, it means ''bbuttter.''

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 13 Oct 2019, 13:27

Thomas H wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 13:02
I am happy for Obbo or Jale Sadacha to see him finally he can afford to buy cheap drugs,but we should advise him also not to smoke too much.Here is my reply to your kraknbo:

Donkey in Spanish is ''burro'' whereas for the Italian, it means ''bbuttter.''

You should be the last one to speak my delusional agame friend. In your retarded brain, You think its 2005 and meles is alive and still in charge somehow. lol you think tplf is somehow still ruling. So you are not even qualified to discuss relevant issues. Just stay in 2005 and pretend all is well in tplf land.

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 13 Oct 2019, 13:30

present wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 12:48
Wishing is free!!! It's costs No money!! :lol:

Obboletti Belaynesh

I know seeing oromos powerful history makes you burn with envy and rage. Its okay. If you are Ethiopian our history is yours too. We are the same tegaru oromo amara and others. Do not take it to heart eshi? Tole?

Thomas H

Post by Thomas H » 13 Oct 2019, 14:19

Obbo Sadacha,
አንድ የመንደር መንጋ ከብት መቆጣጠር ያልቻልሽ ሽንታም አፍሽን ሞልተሽ ስትናገሪ ትንሽ አታፍሪም::ብልጭልጭ ነገር ስታዩ አይደለም እንዴ የምትዘሉት::ዛፍ ቅቤ ከመቀባት በስተቀር ምን ያደረጋችሁት ነገር አለ

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 13 Oct 2019, 14:28

Thomas hagos the tigrayan stuck in 2005,

Sorry afaan amara hin beeku. Speak English.

Thomas H

Post by Thomas H » 13 Oct 2019, 14:45

Obbo Saddacha,
አማርኛ ካልገባህ ሥዕል እለጥፍልሃለሁ