Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Za-Ilmaknun

Many high-rise buildings in Addis are owned by individuals who come from Tigray region..says Taye

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 02 Oct 2019, 15:09

"Many high-rise buildings in Addis are owned by individuals who come from Tigray region. These are the people who deposit large sums in the banks. But when a question is asked, it just said the bank is Amhara-owned. Is the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia an Amhara-owned bank? METEC owned that bank for 27 years."

"Jawahr is inciting insurrection using the Amharic language. Ezekiel Gabissa said he does not know Atse Menelik. Bekele Gerba who urges his followers not to speak in Amharic published a book in Amharic and sold it. It is a shame for us to communicate in English with the rest of the world why we’re being told not to speak in Amharic with each other. We have given unnecessary importance to such persons.

"It is said Menelik cut off women’s breast. If such things did happen, who did the cutting? Gojjam, Gonder and Wello were under the rule of Atse Yohannes. This is incontrovertible history. Nine-tenths of Menelik’s soldiers were composed of Oromos and people from the South. One-tenths came from North Shewa. That happened in 1896. If forgiveness must be asked about the cutting of breasts, it should come from Shewa Oromo, Wellega Oromo, Jimma Oromo and people of the South. People from Gojjam, Gonder, Borena and Guji can stand on the side and watch them exchange forgiveness.

"Since we’re talking about chopping off breasts, in our area (Borena), there was an odious practice in which young men preparing for marriage would go out and cut off the testicles of other men. I know people will have suffered such misfortune. Why do we raise the alleged one-time breast cutting atrocity of Menelik while remaining silent about those who have been cutting testicles for ages?"

Za-Ilmaknun

Re: Many high-rise buildings in Addis are owned by individuals who come from Tigray region..says Taye

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 02 Oct 2019, 15:14

"The common people feel differently. When the 175th birthday of Menelik was celebrated, I and others attended the event. We were greeted by Shewa Oromo horsemen. When I told them people say Menelik is bad, they told me they don’t want to hear any of it.

The mentality of the Oromo people I know was seen during the crash of the Boeing Max 8 airplane in Bishoftu, not in those who kill and rob banks. When that airplane crashed, the Oromo people cried their eyes out. They did all of the traditional mourning for the dead.

"Today, those who promote hate, violence, killing and plunder are held to be heroes. Those who preach peace reconciliation are considered to be enemies.

Woyane used force for 27 years to stay in power. But God plucked them up from power suddenly and dumped them in Mekele without any bloodshed. He incapacitated these fat cats (tuba people). They sold the country’s gold, metals and the country itself. Suddenly, unexpected people rose from under their feet and swept them off. And they said Oromo’s are simple-minded!

Za-Ilmaknun

Re: Many high-rise buildings in Addis are owned by individuals who come from Tigray region..says Taye

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 09 Oct 2019, 19:16

TPLF owned high rise buildings will be covered with the rainbow flag to add color to the planned grand protest rally in Addis. :mrgreen:

Digital Weyane

Post by Digital Weyane » 09 Oct 2019, 21:37

My country Tigray has produced 2000 millionaires and billionaires in less than 27 years. Every one of them has worked so hard to become wealthy. They never took coffee breaks, or sick leave, or vacation. They worked very long hours and they never complained.

Digital Weyane

Post by Digital Weyane » 09 Oct 2019, 22:31

Our Weyane generals didn't violate the constitution when they borrowed billions of dollars from Chinese Banks to build high rise buildings in Addis Ababa to supplement their meager income by renting out commercial and residential space. There is nothing wrong with that.