Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

FM Osman, to attend The UNGA.

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Sep 2019, 05:33

After the UN imposed Federation, in 1952:
The decision was a betrayal to humankind, & was a big mistake committed by the superpowers of that time. The people of Eritrea were expecting justice from this int'l organization but what happened was a betrayal.
Ato Weldeab W/mariam

@Eritrea_UN and @UNODC_EA are co-organizing a side-event, on the development-crime prevention nexus on the margins of #UNGA74. It will be a great opportunity, to learn about the new comprehensive Eritrea-UNODC partnership framework on crime prevention and administration of justice.

Last edited by Zmeselo on 22 Sep 2019, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: FM Osman, to attend The UNGA.

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Sep 2019, 05:53

Yemane G. Meskel (Eritrea Minister of Information)

ICG's latest Report, (No. 206, 19 September 2019), entitled "Intra-Gulf Competition in Africa's Horn" is, once again, replete with condescending presumptions, simplistic & flawed analysis, and inevitably, off the mark conclusions and recommendations.

The Report is long on "references", but short on profound & perceptive analysis. Its principal weakness -Achilles heel- stems from a mindset that argues:
power/wealth asymmetry implies, poor Horn countries can only be mere pawns at the beck & call of the countries with deep pockets.
On Eritrea in particular, the ICG continues to pursue its visceral stance of undermining & denigrating the GOE. The Report heedlessly repeats, worn-out fallacies of "military bases" leased out to rival Middle-Eastern countries etc..Time for these pundits, to defer to local wisdom!

In these promising times, key countries in the Horn are working out - earnestly & meticulously - viable architectures of economic cooperation & collective security. The same considerations also govern ties of all-rounded cooperation, that they are forging with the wider Middle East.

NEW REPORT FROM CRISIS GROUP
Intra-Gulf Competition in Africa’s Horn: Lessening the Impact
Read report here.....https://www.crisisgroup.org/middle-east ... ing-impact

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Sep 2019, 06:14

Sophia Tesfamariam: My week at the UN started, with a Prayer Breakfast and the opening of the 74th Session of the General Assembly. Have attended several events since I came to town, and have met many influential people...

Attended an event sponsored by the Bahrain Mission, a breakfast round table sponsored by the Ugandan Mission, and a reception to commemorate China’s 70th Anniversary...

Was honored to meet Ambassador Dr. Ameena Ali, Global Goodwill Ambassador of The Republic of The Gambia, New York and Ambassador Grace Bassey Charrier, Global Goodwill Ambassador & Executive Board Member Of the International Association of Applied Psychology(IAAP) .

The two distinguished women paid a courtesy visit to my office, to welcome me to the UN... I look forward to engaging with both, as I make new friends and represent Eritrea ...Next week promises to be even more exciting, as the General Assembly debates begin.

The Permanent Mission of Eritrea and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, will be hosting a side event on September 30th.

Eritrea’s Statement will be presented: on 30th September at 9:00am...

The Eritrean delegation to the 74th Session is led by H.E. Osman Saleh, Eritrea’s Foreign Minster and Kubur Bitsay Yemane Ghebreab, Advisor to the President of Eritrea and Head of Political Affairs at the PFDJ.

Zack

Post by Zack » 22 Sep 2019, 06:16

Why isn't wedi afom going I think he should have attended it's been a great year for Eritrea almost a year sanctions lifted relations restored with arch enemy Ethiopia. I am sure foreign minister salah will do a good job. How ever its a time for the patriotic dictator to address the world nations and the vision forward for Eritrea and the region. But there is always next year indeed 2020.

Dr Zackovich

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Sep 2019, 06:31

He knows the UN is only talk, & no action.

FM Osman, just fulfills a protocol; in this place of dictatorship of the veto wielding Nations.
Zack wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 06:16
Why isn't wedi afom going I think he should have attended it's been a great year for Eritrea almost a year sanctions lifted relations restored with arch enemy Ethiopia. I am sure foreign minister salah will do a good job. How ever its a time for the patriotic dictator to address the world nations and the vision forward for Eritrea and the region. But there is always next year indeed 2020.

Dr Zackovich

Zack

Post by Zack » 22 Sep 2019, 07:29

True say its all talk and burrocracy how ever to make a statement allot of countries believe the UN is a western puppet institution. Wedi afom is already and was a part of the block that opposed Western imperialism for decades. And he should continue this path we lost mugabe in Africa already not that long ago.

Dr Zackovich

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 22 Sep 2019, 09:22

Zack wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 07:29
True say its all talk and burrocracy how ever to make a statement allot of countries believe the UN is a western puppet institution. Wedi afom is already and was a part of the block that opposed Western imperialism for decades. And he should continue this path we lost mugabe in Africa already not that long ago.

Dr Zackovich
I couldn't agree more with you Zack. But as Zmeselo said, I don't think it matters that much when the platform is designed for veto-wielding countries and their shadow western countries to do, not necessarily what is right and just, but doing what they selfishly assert is to their own interest.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Sep 2019, 09:54

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Sep 2019, 10:12

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Sep 2019, 10:41

Alexander Isak, scores for Sociedad vs. Espanyol in their 3-1 victory:

Last edited by Zmeselo on 22 Sep 2019, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Sep 2019, 11:54

Our 2 biggest football stars celebrate their birthdays, just 1 day apart:

Henok Goitom, born 22 September 1984

Alexander Isak, born 21 September 1999

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Sep 2019, 11:58

An excerpt From 2002 Book by Robert Kaplan, on the prophetic interview with President Isaias Afwerki in which he describes him as ...and I quote
the most intellectually interesting African Leader in the post colonial Africa...

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 22 Sep 2019, 12:06

Ghideon Musa (@GhideonMusa) Tweeted:

Come and see!

Dahlak Kebir:

is known for its reservoirs and graveyards, dating from at least AD 912. It is also known for its fossils. Other features of the island include pre Islamic ruins, wildlife and mangrove swamps. @TravelToEritrea

pastlast

Post by pastlast » 22 Sep 2019, 18:24

BECAUSE the Liar of Nacfa is a SCARED CAT and NOT a LION LIKE HAILE SELASSIE WAS ADDRESSING THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS RIGHT TO ITALYs FACE. isayas afwrki meows and rubs his back on Arabs legs to get attention and protection. No wonder THE DOGS BARK MAKES THE FELINE FASCIST AFWRKI HIDE IN ADI HALO
Zack wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 06:16

Dr Zackovich

Zack

Post by Zack » 25 Sep 2019, 03:14

Past last I assume you are a tigrayan who is opposed to isias afewerki how is isias a coward when he stood his ground very strong despite the sanctions the isolation he remained firm and remained strong to defeat his only advesery, the last Ethiopian government of the late meles zenawi.And the TPLF as a whole are indeed in a very deep troubling situation. Or perhaps are you an Eritrean in exile who said a few wrong things about the patriotic dictator.

Dr Zackovich