Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Axumawi
Member+

Agew, Tigray, Afar peoples: Main obstacle for manufacturing history competition by Amara and Oromo

Post by Axumawi » 25 Aug 2019, 18:35

Both have claims and counter claims.

Yet both are trying to approach history from an angle that is impossible to last more than a generation.

Both fighting over history written by visitors, forgetting that the visitors were told by the chief and his folks, during the visit.

The Oromo try to forget the Agew. They worry only about Amara.
The Amhara try to forget the Tigre (Eritrea). They worry only about Agew and Tigrigni

The Tigre are the key to what is generally called Semitic
The Agew are the key to what is generally called Kushitic

Both had the writing system the longest, original for each and oldest.

Amharic was written first time 600 years ago
Oromiffa was written first time less than 100 years ago.

Axumawi
Member+

Re: Agew, Tigray, Afar peoples: Main obstacle for manufacturing history competition by Amara and Oromo

Post by Axumawi » 25 Aug 2019, 18:46

How come the Tigrigni do not deny, ignore, hide on purpose both the Tigre and Agew?

How come the Afar never remotely attempted at any time to be kins with Oromo, Somali or others in southern parts, but be good neighbors, friends and modern political parlance brothers?
Do they know something that is not widely known in the rest Ethiopia.

Wollo (Oromo) ruled almost todays ethiopia for 100 years. What was the history then?

One cannot change their history depending on being under the sun or under the moon. If that was the case Iran people would have changed 4 times, since they were Empire then colony or really down and then apex of the world 4 times. Yet their history is one continuum. Zaroestrian is theirs, so is all faiths respected and accpted as part of their history.

Its funny in Ethiopia, some Moslems in Ethiopia southern part cannot swallow the fact that they were either christians, pagans, animists....before they became Moslem.

Amahara make it look like they were Christians before Christ. This is world wide known syndrome. The last to accept any religion is the most noisy about it.

AbebeB
Member+

Re: Agew, Tigray, Afar peoples: Main obstacle for manufacturing history competition by Amara and Oromo

Post by AbebeB » 25 Aug 2019, 20:19

Axumawi wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 18:35

Yet both are trying to approach history from an angle that is impossible to last more than a generation.

Both fighting over history written by visitors, forgetting that the visitors were told by the chief and his folks, during the visit.

The Amhara try to forget the Tigre (Eritrea). They worry only about Agew and Tigrigni

Axumawi,
May I ask you vivid implication of your information? Are you trying to compare Amharic with Afaan Oromo on the basis of the time it was written (excluding which language was spoken first) or what?

Also tell us at an angle of whose mother tongue Amharic is because I have not yet heard any nation saying Amharic is my mother tongue.

Axumawi
Member+

Post by Axumawi » 25 Aug 2019, 21:11

AbebeB wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 20:19
Axumawi wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 18:35

Axumawi,
May I ask you vivid implication of your information? Are you trying to compare Amharic with Afaan Oromo on the basis of the time it was written (excluding which language was spoken first) or what?

Also tell us at an angle of whose mother tongue Amharic is because I have not yet heard any nation saying Amharic is my mother tongue.
Not comparing the languages or history of the languages. I am least qualified.

From what I know there is no Demawi Maninet for Amhara. I have read what Bete Amara wrote which if you replaced Agew for Amara the history would be somewhat tolerable. I have read articles and listened to explanations from ABN who popularized this phrase Demawi Maninet.
I have read nothing, heard nothing..so far that would show that there is Amara Tiwlid.

What I am comparing and find it the same, is the current behavior.