Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Bashu

Oromigna to Be Taught In Addis Ababa Schools

Post by Bashu » 13 Aug 2019, 02:53

Next month some public schools are teaching oromigna in Addis Ababa. I'm not sure if it is going to be taught citywide, No wonder they call Takele uma ye Oneg Goma. He is implementing OLF's plan on Addis Ababa as declared by Oromo's spokesperson Addis Arega a few months back.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: Oromigna to Be Taught In Addis Ababa Schools

Post by Ethoash » 13 Aug 2019, 11:57

Bashu wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 02:53
Next month some public schools are teaching oromigna in Addis Ababa. I'm not sure if it is going to be taught citywide, No wonder they call Takele uma ye Oneg Goma. He is implementing OLF's plan on Addis Ababa as declared by Oromo's spokesperson Addis Arega a few months back.
did u ever heard give and take .. u must give something for oromo to receive in exchange.. u want to keep everything like the old day doesn't cut it.. if u dont want to go to OLF school dont go .. in Addis Ababa the French have school the American have School etc so why would some one got nerves... in fact it is over due.. if u ask me even the Amhara region must teach afan oromia so that they can say to the oromo people guys we learn ur language and u learn ours this way we show each other respect .. pls guys open your mind.. even in USA government give u money to teach Amharic .. in Dc Amharic was adopted what more u want .. why r u pushing the oromo if u learn Afan oromia it help u doesnt harm u..

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 13 Aug 2019, 13:00

No problem -- but we have to do it nation wide. Here is my suggestion : The two major nationalities must learn each others language . Amharas learn Oromina and Oromos learn Amharic . All other nationalities learn their own languge and they chose one from one of the two languages volunterly . Amharic or Oromina . After the Oromo and Amhara linguist discussed the pro and con of using the geizz alpha bet for both Amharic and Oromina based on scientific study they should decide which way to go . It is my opinion that if both use geizz it would make it much easier to learn each others language. The solution has to be national not local. The purpose has to be to break the language barriers, not imposition of once will on another .

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 13 Aug 2019, 16:25

Ethoash wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 11:57
Bashu wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 02:53
did u ever heard give and take .. u must give something for oromo to receive in exchange.. u want to keep everything like the old day doesn't cut it.. if u dont want to go to OLF school dont go .. in Addis Ababa the French have school the American have School etc so why would some one got nerves... in fact it is over due.. if u ask me even the Amhara region must teach afan oromia so that they can say to the oromo people guys we learn ur language and u learn ours this way we show each other respect .. pls guys open your mind.. even in USA government give u money to teach Amharic .. in Dc Amharic was adopted what more u want .. why r u pushing the oromo if u learn Afan oromia it help u doesnt harm u..
Why stop at French and American Schools in Addis? The Russians used to have one, the Chinease have got one today and now, the Germans have one, among others.

But would you mind what all these "big" powers have in common? Why didn't the Djiboutians have one while they are at our door-step?

The difference is the formers have power and the latter has none of that. If you have power (soft power) then every body starts to learn your language. Many western countries do teach chinease today in their schools, which they didn't do for millennias before.

When you become attractive, then people will start to come to you, as simple as such. Today I see no allure for people to come to Oromo home, why for??
So, invest first into development to be attractive sometime in the future.

Don't force people to do something, instead attract them to do it, the best way to win them to your side.

Rest is dinkurina, the same old way.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 13 Aug 2019, 17:03

i call u DDT,

r u saying Amhara should stay in Amhara zone
and oromoa stay in oromo then

if they both refused to learn each other language .. pls explain to me by giving example

if a Christian Amhara maids (after she changed her religion and name ) go to Arab country and learn Arabic fast ... why she refused to learn afan oromia if she is going to live and work in oromia ..

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 13 Aug 2019, 17:23

Ethoash wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 17:03
i call u DDT,

if they both refused to learn each other language .. pls explain to me by giving example

if a Christian Amhara maids (after she changed her religion and name ) go to Arab country and learn Arabic fast ... why she refused to learn afan oromia if she is going to live and work in oromia ..
I needed to visit school, so it was a necessity to learn Amharic, not a choice for me. It was not a necessity for my parents those days, they didn't visit a school and they didn't have to learn the language.

Why do you think an Amhara would love to learn Afan Oromo today? Why would a Tigrean have to learn Afan Oromo?

You want to force them? Go ahead and do that, and you will face the consequences, as simple as such. That is my message.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 13 Aug 2019, 17:32

Ethoash wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 17:03
i call u DDT,

DefendTheTruth wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 16:25
When you (ARE) become attractive, then people will start to come to you, as simple as such. ......
So, invest ....... to be attractive ......
No! Ethoash!

What DTT is saying is you need to be attractive. I will give you an example!

And you tell me! Wouldn't you learn Tigrigna in a heartbeat if Medhin G. teaches you? C'mon! :lol:

Alemitu can say the most messed up stuff and I would have no idea. She can teach me anytime!
So, please recruit the attractive women as Afan Oromo teachers. Don't worry about the men teachers because Ethiopian ladies already fall head over heels for any Oromo man anyway. :P

Look at Abiy! Two languages automatically gives a person a leg up -- an edge or advantage. Three or four is a killer!

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 13 Aug 2019, 22:25

Why do you think an Amhara would love to learn Afan Oromo today? Why would a Tigrean have to learn Afan Oromo?
no body forcing no body... in fact why not answer your own question

if an oromo come to Amhara to live and work should he learn Amharic ?
if an oromo come to Tigray to live and work should he learn Golden language ?

once u answer this

try this one .

if an Amhara come to oromo to live and work should he learn Amharic ?
if an Amhara come to Tigray to live and work should he learn Golden language ?

this is nothing to do with our beloved national language everyone should learn Amharic this is a given ... Amharic help u when u communicate across state line.. for example when the oromo lion ፕሮፌስር እዝቅኤል ገቢሳ went to Tigray he communicated with Amharic our national language but when ፕሮፌስር እዝቅኤል ገቢሳ give speech in oromia he speak Afan oromia not Amharic ..

second example Debretsion Gebremichael speak golden language when he speak to Tigray people but if he want to communicate at fed. level he speak Amharic /// this is very clear .. the question is if few Amhara settler settled in oromia they must learn afan oromia to understand what ፕሮፌስር እዝቅኤል ገቢሳ saying but ፕሮፌስር እዝቅኤል ገቢሳ have no obligation to speak in Amharic inside oromia .. this is the new Ethiopia deal with it..