Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
fasil1235

Sidama

Post by fasil1235 » 23 Jul 2019, 14:28

Sidama

Sidama isn't Muslim they belong to Caucasian Protestant Churches

The burning of Orthodox churches in Sidama zone reflects the hatred of the southern cushitic tribe

The three largest ethnic groups reported in Sidama were the Sidama (93.01%), the Oromo (2.53%), and the Amhara (1.91%);
all other ethnic groups made up 2.55% of the population.

Sidamo is spoken as a first language by 94.23% of the inhabitants, 2.14% speak Amharic, and 2.07% Oromiffa; the remaining 1.56% spoke all other primary languages reported.

84.38% of the population said they were Protestants, 4.62% were Muslim, 3.35% practiced Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity, 3.01% embraced Catholicism, and 2.72% observed traditional religions.

In the 1994 Census Sidama had a population of 2,044,836 in 439,057 households, of whom 143,534 or 7.02% of its population were urban dwellers.

The four largest ethnic groups reported in this Zone were the Sidama (88.6%), the Amhara (4.15%), the Oromo (2.97%), and the Welayta (1.84%); all other ethnic groups made up 2.44% of the population.

Sidama is spoken as a first language by 88.6% of the inhabitants, 4.15% speak Amharic, 2.97% Oromiffa, and 1.84% Welayta; the remaining 2.44% spoke all other primary languages reported.

62.54% of the population said they were Protestants, 13.64% observed traditional religions, 8.24% practiced Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity, 8% were Muslim, and 4.24% embraced Catholicism
Last edited by fasil1235 on 24 Jul 2019, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: Sidama

Post by Ethoash » 23 Jul 2019, 15:05

Dr. fasil1235667883899339390033030

u loooooooooooook like u r expert in Sidama i have only 4 questions this Amhara (4.15%) Sidama language?

second in what language does Protestant Churches give service
3rd what language does Orthodox churches give service
4th how many Churches r in Sidama? how Protestant Churches r there is Sidama

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 23 Jul 2019, 19:08

1 Amhara 4.15% of sidama mostly live in Hawasa amaras dont live in sidama or southern ethiopia they speak amharic ofcouarse

2 Protestant pen'teys religion of netch fereng missionaries churches in (sidama) are Sidamangna speaking not amharic when sidama go to church they worship in there langauge and read the bible in there language translated by protestant missionaries from white countries

3. Orthodox services in Sidama are in amharic most of the orthodox in hawasa sidama are Amara Gurages.

4. how many churches in sidama? like pentey? I don't know how many orthodox churches in arsi? you tell me oromash
Last edited by fasil1235 on 11 Aug 2019, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 24 Jul 2019, 01:24

fasil1235 wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 19:08
1' namber and) Amhara 4.15% of sidama mostly live in Hawasa amaras dont live in sidama or southern ethiopia they speak amharic ofcouarse

2` namber hulut) Protestant pen'teys religion of netch fereng missionaries churches in (sidama) are Sidamangna speaking not amharic when sidama go to church they worship in there langauge and read the bible in there language translated by protestant missionaries from white countries

3. namber sos) Orthodox services in Sidama are in amharic most of the orthodox in hawasa sidama are Amara Gurages.

4. namber arat) how many churches in sidama? like pentey? I don't know how many orthodox churches in arsi? you tell me oromash
sorry Fasil1303030

Those Amhara who live in HAWASSA speak Sidama language

i should we should ban Orthodox Churches ... how would the Amhara love it if the Somalia the Sidama and the oromo come and build Churches in Gojam and Gonder and give service in their own language ... otherwise each orthodox Churches must open one school in exchange

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 24 Jul 2019, 02:10

No, they don't Hawassa City numbered 39,934 Amaras in a city of 258,000 people

Amharas consist of 15% of Hawassa and 31% of Hawassans mother tongue is Amharic :lol: you stu.pid idiot sewer denkoro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awasa

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 24 Jul 2019, 06:17

fasil1235 wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 02:10
No, they don't Hawassa City numbered 39,934 Amaras in a city of 258,000 people

Amharas consist of 15% of Hawassa and 31% of Hawassans mother tongue is Amharic :lol: you stu.pid idiot sewer denkoro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awasa
Fasil13849404--48298209

thanks very much .. here is my last question when will be 258,000 Hawassans Amharic become their mother tongue (adopted Amhric ) like what happened in Adama, and Addis Ababa 98% second generation Addis Ababian forgotten their mother tongue and adopted Amharic

መቼ ነው መቶ% የአዋሳ ነዋሪ አማርኛ ተናጋሪ የሚሆነውና , የብሔራዊ ቋንቋ በመናገራቸው ምን ጥቅም ያገኛሉ ብለህ ታስባለህ። ውይም ምን ጉዳት ይኖረዋል ብለህ ታስባለህ ሲዳሞኛ እየቀረ በአማርኛ እየተካ መሄዱ።

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 24 Jul 2019, 15:21

[i] [/i]
Last edited by fasil1235 on 05 Aug 2019, 23:08, edited 2 times in total.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 24 Jul 2019, 16:49

fasil1235 wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 15:21
I don't think Hawassans are going to forget their native language because of there Protestant Churches are in there native Sidamingna language if Hawassa was Orthodox city like Addis Ababa & Nazret these ppl will forget there language and because of rising nationalism amharic will not grow to its full potential!!
in that case do the Amhara who lived there speak Sidama language or only Amharic ....tell me in your best guess what % of Amhara speak afan Sidama

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 24 Jul 2019, 16:51

AFAAN OROMO NOT AFAN SIDIMAANFNA 100% OF AMHARAA AND GURAGES SPEAK AMHARINGA NOT SEWER SIDAMANGNA HAILE SELASSIE AND DERG FORCED EVERYONE IN HAWASA TO SPEAK AMHARIC

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 24 Jul 2019, 17:36

fasil1235 wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 16:51
AFAAN OROMO NOT AFAN SIDIMAANFNA 100% OF AMHARAA AND GURAGES SPEAK AMHARINGA NOT SEWER SIDAMANGNA HAILE SELASSIE AND DERG FORCED EVERYONE IN HAWASA TO SPEAK AMHARIC
in hawasa what is the % of amhara and what is the % of Sidama ... and the Amhara had 27 years to learn Sidamangana.. what do u think ? all shchool must teach Sidamangana this way integration take place ...... dr. Abiy learn Golden language in just two years while the Amhra lived in Sidama for 150 years and never learn Sidamangana this is something ... i hope u also speak Sidamangana wink wink i know u were born in Sidama ..

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 24 Jul 2019, 17:52

Go to Wikipedia antah denkoro oromashia

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 25 Jul 2019, 06:34

fasil1235 wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 17:52
Go to Wikipedia antah denkoro oromashia
fasil 11818181890120

why would u give up? i am just warming up .. Amhara who livid in oromia and Somalia for last 150 years they dont know the local language... do u think this is the least the Amhara can do learn the language before invoking their constitutional right to live any where they like .. constitution doesnt tell them to destroy the local couture and language// for every right there must be some responsibility . so do u speak Sidama language ?

sad is if u come to Addis Ababa who Amhara claim the simple of Ethiopia 98.7% of second generation lose their mother tongue and adopt Amharic ... and this cant be a simple of Ethiopia melting point of Ethiopia where it show us what would happened if Amhara dominate so we all have to fight it...

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 25 Jul 2019, 07:44

fasil1235 wrote:
Actually, most Amaras, Guraghes, Tigres, Oromos.. are bilingual in the south. Also the 4th largest ethnic group in the south claimed being Amara. The south is quite a mixture. They are not that isolated from the rest of Ethiopia.

You claimed his majesty Haile-Sellassie and Mengistu Hailemariam had forced sidamas to speak Amharic 😆😆😆So who forced the sidamas or the south to speak amarigna today? I was in Sidamo last year. The official language today is AMARIGNA! Woyane tried to 'impose' Sidamigna. The south has rejected tribal language by choice. Amharic was never imposed on anyone. It simply is the nation's megbabiya language.

BTW, who imposed amarigna on our government since the creation of eprdf? Who forced woyane to speak amarigna?? MesaQiya😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂

fasil1235

Post by fasil1235 » 25 Jul 2019, 22:42

Amharas need to learn orominia language to understand what sewer Denkoro rat jawar mohamed is saying in his dem Kenyan language I read from a internet that Derg imposes Amharic on hawassa and sidamgna language programs were put down with terror

Rtt

Post by Rtt » 05 Aug 2019, 14:26

mitmitaye wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 07:44
fasil1235 wrote:
Actually, most Amaras, Guraghes, Tigres, Oromos.. are bilingual in the south. Also the 4th largest ethnic group in the south claimed being Amara. The south is quite a mixture. They are not that isolated from the rest of Ethiopia.

You claimed his majesty Haile-Sellassie and Mengistu Hailemariam had forced sidamas to speak Amharic 😆😆😆So who forced the sidamas or the south to speak amarigna today? I was in Sidamo last year. The official language today is AMARIGNA! Woyane tried to 'impose' Sidamigna. The south has rejected tribal language by choice. Amharic was never imposed on anyone. It simply is the nation's megbabiya language.

BTW, who imposed amarigna on our government since the creation of eprdf? Who forced woyane to speak amarigna?? MesaQiya😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂

Don't speak about things you don't know!

Amahric is the official languge of the south because their are more than 50 ethinc groups in the South, all with their own languge. So, it's better to make Amahric official working of South region instead of other language than most ethincs don't understand.

But still, every ZONE in the south use their own ethinc language as an official in their land. If you go to gurage, gurage language is the official languge not Amahric.

Many people in South hate that their language is not well represented in their own tribal land. Its one issue thats pushing them to Create their own region because they want their children to grow up with their languge. And languge in education was a huge proplem in sidama zone before.

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 11 Aug 2019, 11:11

Rtt wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 14:26
mitmitaye wrote:
fasil1235 wrote:

Amahric is the official languge of the south because their are more than 50 ethinc groups in the South, all with their own languge. So, it's better to make Amahric official working of South region instead of other language than most ethincs don't understand.

But still, every ZONE in the south use their own ethinc language as an official in their land. If you go to gurage, gurage language is the official languge not Amahric.

Many people in South hate that their language is not well represented in their own tribal land. Its one issue thats pushing them to Create their own region because they want their children to grow up with their languge. And languge in education was a huge proplem in sidama zone before.
Actually, people in the south are multilingual. They communicate perfectly with each other . Do not forget that the south is a region that has the right to use it's languages in its own ZONE. Let me explain this

Sidama zone is allowed to use sidamigna which they did use for few years, probably 2/3 years. After trying it they decided they prefer Amarigna! So as welayita, same story..

Perhaps it is YOU who should NOT talk about something you do not know

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 11 Aug 2019, 14:04

EthoInferior,

አንተ የሰው አረም፣
አማርኛን እንደ ባእድ እምታይ ከሆነ ለምን እራስህ ቋንቋ ላይ አታተኩርም ? በቅናትና በሰቀቀን ከምትንገላታ

Bunch of losers !

Rtt

Post by Rtt » 11 Aug 2019, 15:00

mitmitaye wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 11:11
Rtt wrote:
mitmitaye wrote:
fasil1235 wrote:

Actually, people in the south are multilingual. They communicate perfectly with each other . Do not forget that the south is a region that has the right to use it's languages in its own ZONE. Let me explain this

Sidama zone is allowed to use sidamigna which they did use for few years, probably 2/3 years. After trying it they decided they prefer Amarigna! So as welayita, same story..

No. That's a lie. The official sidama zone language is sidamic and not amahraic. Same thing in welayta. I remember that the language issue was very bad in sidama Hawasa because they were confused in which language the primary school should be given. But the official language their is still sidamic. Amahraic is only the working language for the south region, because their are more 50 ethinc group their.

Actually, people in the south are multilingual. They communicate perfectly with each other
Your missing the point. I don't know what you meant by that sentence. Their are more than 50 language in the South, and most people only use Amahric as a bridge to communicate. They don't have one single south language that can replace Amahric. Even if they had one, they still would fight over it because all south language should have equal status in their region. Many of them being multilingual, which I doubt, iscnot related to what we were talking about.

mitmitaye

Post by mitmitaye » 11 Aug 2019, 17:16

Rtt wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 15:00
mitmitaye wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 11:11
Rtt wrote:
mitmitaye wrote:
fasil1235 wrote:

No. That's a lie. The official sidama zone language is sidamic and not amahraic. Same thing in welayta. I remember that the language issue was very bad in sidama Hawasa because they were confused in which language the primary school should be given. But the official language their is still sidamic. Amahraic is only the working language for the south region, because their are more 50 ethinc group their.

Actually, people in the south are multilingual. They communicate perfectly with each other
Your missing the point. I don't know what you meant by that sentence. Their are more than 50 language in the South, and most people only use Amahric as a bridge to communicate. They don't have one single south language that can replace Amahric. Even if they had one, they still would fight over it because all south language should have equal status in their region. Many of them being multilingual, which I doubt, iscnot related to what we were talking about.
Before you accuse me of lying please inform youself..and why would I lie? Again Sidama Zone, not KILIL, had used sidamigna for administration matters in the 90s (Ethiopian calendar), after a 2/3 years trial, they rejected it. Most of them didnt understand the Latin alphabet to write sidamigna.. so they said good bye to it.

As far as I know, till the end of last year, Amarigna was the official/working language of the majority so be it! In the 90s I have witnessed sidamigna was the official/working languag for 2/3 years. I have filled & submitted a form in sidamigna. They chose amarigna at the end. That was the case till the end of last year. I was there and submitted a form in amarigna to the office of City administration. Remember butajira is in the south and uses Amarigna. They had a choice to be schooled in guragigna too, if they're pleased. But they have said thank you but no thank you'! Welayita and many more zones too. Hence amarigna the official language of the south. Let's see when sudamo becomes kilil in hat language they will choose.. history will repeat itself, again🙃

Regarding people in the South being multilingual what I meant was most people do speak more than one language. A sidama might speak oromigna, gedeo, welayita... It's very common to hear a welayita speak sidama language or oromo speak sidamigna, gedeo speaks welayitigna.. But, of course above all, they all speak Amarigna. So,vobviously the choice for majority people.. so be it!!

BTW my own mother grew up in the south. She speaks fluently- amarigna, oromigna, sidamigna, and could communicate welayitigna.. that's how people lived in the south.. 8)