Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Democrat

Ethiopian airlines robs Mekelle millions of dollars!

Post by Democrat » 01 Aug 2019, 12:49

The Tigrayans people should demand international flight services to Mekelle. During the summer time, people do travel to Mekelle for leisure and business. Ethiopian Airlines collects all the money from Tigrayan passengers, as they have to transit or layover in Addis Ababa instead of flying directly to Mekelle from any major city in Europe, USA and Asia.

Tigrayans should force Ethiopian Airlines to fly to Mekelle from Frankfurt, Paris, London and any other cities in Europe or USA. In fact Ethiopian Airlines should make a lay over in Mekelle.

Air travel in Ethiopia is monopolised by Ethiopian Airlines. Ethiopian airlines is tribalist and wants only to expand Addis Ababa Airport where Mekelle Airport, which is closer to Europe and Asia remains underdeveloped serving only domestic flights from Mekelle to Addis Ababa. This is politically unacceptable and economically unreasonable.

tekeba

Re: Ethiopian airlines robs Mekelle millions of dollars!

Post by tekeba » 01 Aug 2019, 12:51

Hemi derho. Denkor ugum you should be ashamed to ask

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 01 Aug 2019, 12:54

Democrat wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 12:49
Ethiopian airlines is tribalist and wants only to expand Addis Ababa Airport

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 01 Aug 2019, 13:04

Woyane rat - You can’t avoid landing in Addis and being torched by TPLF-haters for a long time to come. Likewise, I wouldn’t fly via Mekelle until woyane thugs perish from the face the Earth.
Democrat wrote:
The Tigrayans people should demand international flight services to Mekelle. During the summer time, people do travel to Mekelle for leisure and business. Ethiopian Airlines collects all the money from Tigrayan passengers, as they have to transit or layover in Addis Ababa instead of flying directly to Mekelle from any major city in Europe, USA and Asia.

Tigrayans should force Ethiopian Airlines to fly to Mekelle from Frankfurt, Paris, London and any other cities in Europe or USA. In fact Ethiopian Airlines should make a lay over in Mekelle.

Air travel in Ethiopia is monopolised by Ethiopian Airlines. Ethiopian airlines is tribalist and wants only to expand Addis Ababa Airport where Mekelle Airport, which is closer to Europe and Asia remains underdeveloped serving only domestic flights from Mekelle to Addis Ababa. This is politically unacceptable and economically unreasonable.

Democrat

Post by Democrat » 01 Aug 2019, 13:07

Ethiopian Airlines is not rational. They spend millions in India, France, China by robbing Tigrayans. Oromos and others millions of dollars. The Oromos are silent because Addis Ababa Airport is in Oromia Regional State, even though Amhara of Shoa might take control of it soon. Ethiopian Airlines has an office in Zambia, Nigeria and ?Sieraleon. And yet it cannot organise international flights from Mekelle Airport, which brings more youth for employment and can also be a base for other international airlines like Lufthansa, Turkish Airline (which they seem fond of Mekelle anyway), Emirates ( who are also sympathetic to Mekele) etc

I think The ain international airport should be in Mekelle as it is the most close airport to Asia and Europe. Ethiopia could save millions of dollars annually by making Mekelle International Airport the country's main airport. From Meklle, flights could scheduled 4-5 times daily to London with less expense or to other European cities.

Addis Ababa has a very bad location tobe an international airport and expanding it is a waste of money, which Ethiopians could use to other important projects like expanding agriculture etc.

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 01 Aug 2019, 14:06

Why depend on others when the golden people :lol: :lol: Can have their own airline?

In fact,Ethiopian airline should suspend all flights to mekelle so the golden people save millions by walking instead. :lol: :lol:

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 01 Aug 2019, 14:22

Democrat wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 13:07
Ethiopian Airlines is not rational. They spend millions in India, France, China by robbing Tigrayans. Oromos and others millions of dollars. The Oromos are silent because Addis Ababa Airport is in Oromia Regional State, even though Amhara of Shoa might take control of it soon. Ethiopian Airlines has an office in Zambia, Nigeria and ?Sieraleon. And yet it cannot organise international flights from Mekelle Airport, which brings more youth for employment and can also be a base for other international airlines like Lufthansa, Turkish Airline (which they seem fond of Mekelle anyway), Emirates ( who are also sympathetic to Mekele) etc

I think The ain international airport should be in Mekelle as it is the most close airport to Asia and Europe. Ethiopia could save millions of dollars annually by making Mekelle International Airport the country's main airport. From Meklle, flights could scheduled 4-5 times daily to London with less expense or to other European cities.

Addis Ababa has a very bad location tobe an international airport and expanding it is a waste of money, which Ethiopians could use to other important projects like expanding agriculture etc.
Is this the way you think? You never listen to others,for you insults are nothing,I don't want to be insulted by anyone for any reason.Are you a Tigrian,then what kind of a Tigrian? Kabakatums hadehade Eritrawian zhashe yeredae
Last edited by Degnet on 01 Aug 2019, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 01 Aug 2019, 14:26

why not just ask expert

this is how should work .. let say u fly from LONDON TO GOLDEN .. FIGHT distance is 5000km had there is direct flight to Golden city..

now u have to fly from London to Addis Ababa back to Golden city u r adding 1000 km on your flight ...

the solution is if Ethiopian airlines have 5 flight per week .. they can dedicate one flight to stop over in Golden city this way the flight would much cheaper then fly to Addis Ababa back to Golden city..

now if u fly to Addis from London stop over to Golden city will not affect your distance instead it will make it cheaper because EAL will pick up passenger from Golden city that make over all price cheaper

in fact this is goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood marketing system because other airlines cant stop over to other city hence they will be more expensive

now let see one more time if u r visiting Golden city from london u dont have to go back to Addis ababa to fly over Golden city again to go to London this make the flight shorter and cheaper more money more money

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 01 Aug 2019, 14:30

Ethoash wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 14:26
why not just ask expert

this is how should work .. let say u fly from LONDON TO GOLDEN .. FIGHT distance is 5000km had there is direct flight to Golden city..

now u have to fly from London to Addis Ababa back to Golden city u r adding 1000 km on your flight ...

the solution is if Ethiopian airlines have 5 flight per week .. they can dedicate one flight to stop over in Golden city this way the flight would much cheaper then fly to Addis Ababa back to Golden city..

now if u fly to Addis from London stop over to Golden city will not affect your distance instead it will make it cheaper because EAL will pick up passenger from Golden city that make over all price cheaper

in fact this is goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood marketing system because other airlines cant stop over to other city hence thery will be more expensive

now let see one more time if u r visiting Golden city from london u dont have to go back to Addis ababa to fly over Golden city again to go to London this make the flight shorter and cheaper more money more money
Besememenet yemihon neber neger gen lemanm ged yelachewm neber gena sewu siaseb torenetu tejemere.Awaredun

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 01 Aug 2019, 14:36

Democrat wrote:

Flying Ethiopian to Mekele from anywhere will be nice. The same way flying to Asmara, Bahirdar, Gondar, and Diredawa. I would like to see multiple international destinations in Ethiopia.

But, If you think Tigray is losing by flying Ethiopian, you are a big big fat loser.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 01 Aug 2019, 14:42

simbe11 wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 14:36
Democrat wrote:

Flying Ethiopian to Mekele from anywhere will be nice. The same way flying to Asmara, Bahirdar, Gondar, and Diredawa. I would like to see multiple international destinations in Ethiopia.

But, If you think Tigray is losing by flying Ethiopian, you are a big big fat loser.
Seletane yemiametaw eko new,enersu erasachew men eyaderegu new?Tigre hogne Tigren ekawemalehugn ende?

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 01 Aug 2019, 14:51

simbe11 wrote:
Democrat wrote:

here is how it work, my expert advice

i dont know why u add Asmara why not Cairo which is more strategical placed airport

anyhow i give u an example how u will cut 1000km by just flying direct to Golden city instead of flying to Addis back to Golden city.. so once a week LONDON flight land in Golden city and fly to Addis Ababa now if u r going to Gonder or Bahirder it is good to catch flight from Golden city to Gondar instead of going back to Addis just to flight back

now u cant just have international flight in every city u select one.. this time we select Golden city ... next time we will select flight from Israel to land in Gonder, flight from Germany to land in Bahirdar once a week and so on

now the fun part.. Diredawa.. if u fly from China or India why in hell u go to Addis Ababa just to go back agin .. so the same thing from China the flight land in Diredawa once a week and if u going to Gonder from China u catch direct flight from Diredawa instead of going to Addis ababa

billion dollar flight map.. right here..

now i am not even done i have more part two coming soon

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 01 Aug 2019, 15:02

Ethoash wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 14:51
simbe11 wrote:
Democrat wrote:

i dont know why u add Asmara why not Cairo which is more strategical placed airport

I added Asmara because I got personal attachment. And also unlike Cairo, it doesn't have that much of international carries flying there. Flying Ethiopian to Asmara will benefit the Airline. The same time it shows the special relationship the people have.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 01 Aug 2019, 15:17

simbe11 wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 15:02
Ethoash wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 14:51
simbe11 wrote:
Democrat wrote:

I added Asmara because I got personal attachment. And also unlike Cairo, it doesn't have that much of international carries flying there. Flying Ethiopian to Asmara will benefit the Airline. The same time it shows the special relationship the people have.
Gooooooooooooooooooooooood point, flight from USA once a week land in Eritrea so that Eritrean traveler will have cheaper flight instead of going to Addis ababa claim back again .... i have too attachment to Eritrea .. but "Eritrean or ISISIS AWARKI never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity."

LOOK what they did with Dr,Abiy peace agreement as soon as they open the border they close it... this peace deal 27 years in the making and they miss it up in one day.. so i dont know if they r not going to miss it up this time if they r given flight to Assmara city... anyhow it is Good idea... even it is good for Northern city if u r living in Gonder or Axum it is better to fly to Assmara to catch flight to USA then go back to Addis and go back again .. it is win win .... the question is can they keep the opportunity.. i doubt it ..