Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Qurunde

The Clash of Cultures in Ethiopia

Post by Qurunde » 21 Jul 2019, 14:57

Like me, you may be wondering why Ethiopia is going through cycles of conflicts and instabilities and why insecurity is always looming over the Ethiopian sky. You may be also wondering about what is the underlying problem that needs to be addressed to bring peace and stability to Ethiopia. In this article, I will briefly discuss one of the underlying problems-the clash of cultures. As Prof. Huntington put in his book The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order “The most important distinctions among peoples are [no longer] ideological, political, or economic. They are cultural ". This is a reality in Ethiopia.

Read more: https://kichuu.com/the-clash-of-cultures-in-ethiopia/

Degnet
Senior Member+

Re: The Clash of Cultures in Ethiopia

Post by Degnet » 21 Jul 2019, 15:02

Qurunde wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 14:57
Like me, you may be wondering why Ethiopia is going through cycles of conflicts and instabilities and why insecurity is always looming over the Ethiopian sky. You may be also wondering about what is the underlying problem that needs to be addressed to bring peace and stability to Ethiopia. In this article, I will briefly discuss one of the underlying problems-the clash of cultures. As Prof. Huntington put in his book The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order “The most important distinctions among peoples are [no longer] ideological, political, or economic. They are cultural ". This is a reality in Ethiopia.

It is indeed cultural,here between Tigrians,it is culture that I don't recognize them as Tigrians.And the only defense they have is guns.And Masud?

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 21 Jul 2019, 16:12

this picture is very powerful it teach us one thing if we dont do election once 8 years then the only option is coup d'etat or death .. (this mean killing the king)

this logic work even in marriage if u have no right to divorce your wife the only way out is death or coup d'etat cheating ...

in the same logic we have article 39 divorce right .. it only activated when it needed article 39 is insruance policy when ever we want break away we can do it with no problem that alone make as life at easy and we will not ask for divorce if we r not 1005 sure ..so a great lesson... the sad thing is still there are people never want to learn and they want to imposed the old system in generation

Abere

Post by Abere » 21 Jul 2019, 16:23

I see the tree falling over the heads of the women because of article 39 - the women are not happy because they are not part of ab geda. By the way is there Imma Geda too kkkkk.

Masud
Member+

Post by Masud » 21 Jul 2019, 16:36

Abere,
You must wear your eyeglass; that is why you failed to see women sitting under the Odda. Have you ever hear the term "Hadha Sinqee". Google and learn. Please don't forget your eye glass because you re for are shortsighted.
Abere wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 16:23
I see the tree falling over the heads of the women because of article 39 - the women are not happy because they are not part of ab geda. By the way is there Imma Geda too kkkkk.

Qurunde

Post by Qurunde » 21 Jul 2019, 22:42

Degnet wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 15:02
Qurunde wrote:

It is indeed cultural,here between Tigrians,it is culture that I don't recognize them as Tigrians.And the only defense they have is guns.And Masud?
Degnet,
I didn't get your point. Would you please paraphrase or explain more what you are trying to say. Thanks.

Masud
Member+

Post by Masud » 22 Jul 2019, 11:23

You are fool,
What do expect from the retarded and confused idiot called Degnet? When you ask hin about Tigre he says "my wife is Gondere", when you ask him about Gondere he says "I am Tigre". Fiyel wedih, Qizimzim wediya.
Qurunde wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 22:42
Degnet wrote:
Qurunde wrote:

Degnet,
I didn't get your point. Would you please paraphrase or explain more what you are trying to say. Thanks.

Abere

Post by Abere » 22 Jul 2019, 20:05

@Masud,

I clearly see all the women sitting around on one side and men on the other side celebrating the nomination of men. I heard of the word Imma Wara and Hadha Sinqee, but I have never heard of Imma Dula, Imma Lafa, etc. This round tree seating is more like አፍርሳሳ(ታ) than an organized political leadership. It is not scalable and does not seem to have established moral codes worth of becoming a political norm . To me it is exaggerated more than what its worth by ethnic political activists.

Masud
Member+

Post by Masud » 23 Jul 2019, 03:19

Abere wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 20:05
@Masud,

I clearly see all the women sitting around on one side and men on the other side celebrating the nomination of men. I heard of the word Imma Wara and Hadha Sinqee, but I have never heard of Imma Dula, Imma Lafa, etc. This round tree seating is more like አፍርሳሳ(ታ) than an organized political leadership. It is not scalable and does not seem to have established moral codes worth of becoming a political norm . To me it is exaggerated more than what its worth by ethnic political activists.
Abera,
Before making a conclusion, I recommend that you study about Gada and how it works. I don’t have time to tell you everything about Gada and how it works. After all, if doesn’t concern you, there is no need for you to bother about it.
By the way, how many women are Abuns, Hager’s Sibker leaders, priest and deacon in Amhara dominated Orthodox Church?

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 23 Jul 2019, 03:37

Qurunde wrote:
Degnet wrote:
Qurunde wrote:

Degnet,
You are right,I mean we are not one in ideas,in important ideas,what use can we get by hating others,it only hurts ourselves.I have no any problem in liking other people,my base is humanity.

Degnet
Senior Member+

Post by Degnet » 23 Jul 2019, 04:22

Degnet wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 03:37
Qurunde wrote:
Degnet wrote:
Qurunde wrote:

Degnet,
You are right,I mean we are not one in ideas,in important ideas,what use can we get by hating others,it only hurts ourselves.I have no any problem in liking other people,my base is humanity.Finally in real true culture,we are the same.Negestat honen new yetefeternew.We were born to be kings and queens in his name.From a woderful book written in the 17th century,English/England.Chekona yetem hager neber metshafu yewekesew fuedalismn neber

Qurunde

Post by Qurunde » 28 Jul 2019, 02:17