Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
eden
Member+

Did President Aforq back the wrong horse?

Post by eden » 28 Jun 2019, 13:04

One year into reform bound Ethiopian political life. TPLF retreated and stayed out of federal affairs the entire year. OPDO took charge. ANDM dumped TPLF and served OPDO - so far, that is.

Eritrea ruler backed OPDO. OPDO may lose ANDM due to ANDM ongoing infighting. TPLF stayed intact economically, militarily and security wise. America foreign policy seems to favor the existing federal arrangement.

Where is power headed and did President Aforq back the wrong horse?

Cigar

Re: Did President Aforq back the wrong horse?

Post by Cigar » 28 Jun 2019, 13:58

How the f**k is it a wrong horse.
Eritrea doesn't give a crap who is at the helm of ethiopia's leadership except that it is not woyane aka tplf and as long the ethio leader who ever might be wants to make peace with Eritrea and as long as he recognizes the rule of international laws specially concerning Eritrea.
Who the f**k horse do you have in mind that PIA should have picked then?
Resah, chenawit agame.

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 28 Jun 2019, 21:15

Cigar, I raised a question. That was not a statement eko

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 28 Jun 2019, 21:35

For you to ask a question, you have to produce other choices.
And beside PMAA who was or is in Ethiopia who willingly want to meet ot halfway for the sake of peace.
So, who is the horse you have in mind?

pastlast

Post by pastlast » 28 Jun 2019, 21:45

Cigar are you still begging for United honest Ethiopia and Eritrea? Andinet (Medemer)-Unionist Cigar...Lol...I see you are begging alot lately!
Cigar wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 21:35
For you to ask a question, you have to produce other choices.
And beside PMAA who was or is in Ethiopia who willingly want to meet ot halfway for the sake of peace.
So, who is the horse you have in mind?

Cigar

Post by Cigar » 28 Jun 2019, 21:55

Shut the hell up you idiot.

Yes I am for a united (unfragmented) sovereign Ethiopia and the ever united sovereing Eritrea to be at peace respecting each other and working to benefit their respective nationals.

I know how you work you wedi gahba, megal, qosal, assawi, chemawi mitra agame.
Raping your children, your mom, your sister, your wife with a rusty craw bar does not mean raping any other children, as you usually twist it.
So, yes I want Ethiopia to stay intact, be peace with itself and with all its neighbors including Eritrea.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 28 Jun 2019, 22:06

What a well-thought- out question indeed, Eden? Not only the question, but also your answers for your own question are superb. I am joking, Eden. The president of Eritrea, I think , does not care about the personality or party that might have the lion share in Ethiopian politics. I take that back. I have a feeling he does not seem to like TPLF running the show. He might consider them backstabbers. But I believe he got that wrong. The TPLF politicians better be described as opportunists. As for the TPLF running away from the federal government, I have a different take. TPLF still plays role in the Federal government, but its dominance went to grave a year ago. The general who was killed a few days ago was the highest officer of the military, and I have not heard a rumor of him tearing his TPLF card and joining the Oromo faction of EPDRF. Only, one sentence of of yours make sense, and the rest is a hearsay. That is the Amhara faction of EPDRF had a fallout with TPLF. But that one true statment of yours was overshadowed by another lie. The Amhara faction of EPDRF, you said, serves the interest of the Oromo faction of EPDRF. Let me refresh your memory. The Amhara faction of EPDRF chose not to be dictated by TPLF. Why you think they chose to be dominated by the Oromo faction of EPDRF? I believe your superb mind has answer for it. Or is it my wild imagination!

Gash

Post by Gash » 28 Jun 2019, 23:52

Lowlanderu,

We in Eritrea call him Afeweqi, not Aforq.

Just saying, as my bro Fed would say!

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 29 Jun 2019, 06:39

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 22:06
The Amhara faction of EPDRF chose not to be dictated by TPLF. Why you think they chose to be dominated by the Oromo faction of EPDRF? I believe your superb mind has answer for it.
I think they chose to be dominated by ODP because they figured that gave them an edge over the popular ABN and the faction within themselves like General Asamnew that works with ABN.

By the way, you can see this worked for them already. ODP, using the fed, saved them from this faction and ABN.

The real question for me is why ODP choces to dominate ADP. This is repeating TPLF error. ODP should look for genuine Amara representatives and equal partners, not a puppet.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 29 Jun 2019, 10:00

Eden, you read headlines, not details. Your assertion that NAMA is popular is not true. The NAMA politicians have been the guys who handed slogans to eight- years old kids in Debrebrehan a few months ago. The NAMA politicians appeal to the noisemakers, who by definition are the extremists. These are not people who seek a common ground in politics. They are by definition anti democracy. They aapproach politics it is our way or the highway motto. The recent killings in Bahirdar and Addis prove that they have no the mental ability to entertain political differences rationally. Yes, NAMA is the photocopy of TPLF. They believe like TPLF in we versus them politics. But that does not mean the TPLF guys are in love with them. They are their nightmares. If we allow the extremists of every Ethiopian tribes to dictate politics , having a unified Ethiopia will be difficult. I am not worrying about the article 39 nonsense. Even God himself cannot make a common boundary that puts the Debrehbrhean, Shows Amhara and the Armacho, Gonder Amhara together. That is fantasy.
As for your worry about why the Amhara’s function of EPDRF allow themselves to be dictated , you seemed to have given an answer for it. You said because NAMA is popular. But still you keep worrying. Your confused mind try to confuse me. Let me try to untangle your confusion. Honest talk.
Eden, you do not believe the Amhara faction of EPDRF is dictated by the Oromo faction of EPDRF. You do not believe that. you are not that stupid. But you want the Amhara faction of EPDRF to rekindle their old friendship with TPLF. In other words you need to isolate the Oromo faction of EPDRF. That you might believe once again makes TPLF the king makers. It is not going to happen , Eden.

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 29 Jun 2019, 12:16

What I'm wondering about is: where are the Assaminews of Eritrea who can take the savage Agame out?

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 28 Jan 2020, 20:51

PM Abiy’s Prosperity Party has no significant support in any part of Ethiopia. Election or no election, there is no legitimacy and there is no force to keep his train moving. All sectors of Ethiopian society are against him. No age groups, genders, ethnicities, regions be it city or country are for his party.

Even the foreign media has turned against him. This means Arab and western governments have already recalculated. Is Aforq recalculating?

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 28 Jan 2020, 21:10

Cigar wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 13:58
How the f**k is it a wrong horse.

Who the f**k horse do you have in mind that PIA should have picked then?
Resah, chenawit agame.
dear Cigar,

Eritrean should not pick a horse that is not their business .. now you going to twist what i said u said as long as IT IS NOT TPLF HORSE.. even so what u want not for tplf to come back u should have shut your mouth .. because if u want peace u have to learn how to keep your mouth shut ... when u talk bad about Golden yes the Amhara might be happy but not the other region so why would u undermined your sovereignty by dolling your noise in Ethiopia business if u said what u said about TPLF then TPLF also have the right to doll their noise in your business and call for independent of Assab afar people ...

if u r honest person and if u love mama Eritrea pls come back and say sorry and promised not to talk about TPFL if u want peaceful co existence... by the way no Amhara or Ethiopia border with u beside Golden and Afar so why make it hard on you to co exist ... how in hell u trade with Amhara if u cant pass Thu Golden watch the map and come back to me...

tlel

Post by tlel » 28 Jan 2020, 21:15

Ethiopians aare being distarcted because of over throwing TPLF, it is not about that! The main war is against Ethiopian people not Tplf! It is not against TPLF it is against Tigray it is against Amara people! Don't take off your eyes! They are going to use Tplf as the enemy in order to attack Tigrayan people! Samor yunis has gotten the immunity! So where is the attack against Tplf? no!

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 29 Jan 2020, 00:35

Eden aka lowlanderu wannabe is begging us to comfort her. However, we are Eritreans and Stright shooters. Now here is the reality. He and his party are popular party your nation have ever witnessed. The western annotated him through Noble peace prize and throwing their full support financially and politically. Now I advice you to embraces your agameself to his at least 10-15 years long rule. No sugar coating here but the whole truth.

I am just saying.

Merhano

Post by Merhano » 29 Jan 2020, 00:53

Ethiopia at the moment is a country that is on the brink of collapse due to many reasons, most significant of all is the ethnic federalism that has created defacto countries. At this point no good election can be done. Above all, you can not have any election that will be acceptable to Abiy and PIA.
So the best option is to rattle TPLF and force her into war and create a state of emergency and delay three election until OLF and some others are dealt with.
Abiy will not go to war on his own initiative [deleted] he would not mind joining the party if he'd be invited by TPLF or PIA.
PIA would not risk his regime for Abiy's sake. So I don't believe PIA will start any war, no matter how much praises he gets from PMAA or Lemma Megersa.
What would Woyane's reaction be to this recent development? We shall see a downfall of a government either in Tigrai, Ethiopia, or Eritrea.

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 29 Jan 2020, 01:15

Awash wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 12:16
What I'm wondering about is: where are the Assaminews of Eritrea who can take the savage Agame out?
Azabaw,

Segeraw’n telekew? :P

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 29 Jan 2020, 02:49

ኣርበኛ ሲጫወት
Fed_Up wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 01:15
Awash wrote:
Azabaw,

Zena Mekele

Post by Zena Mekele » 29 Jan 2020, 03:08

Asfenededuhe eko ye shabo Lidgoche. Abay Tsehay Eger Lay wedko Isayas Maregne ale eko😄. Hid Endelemdkew Limenahne Ketel 😄werada Werdetegna

Awash wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 02:49
ኣርበኛ ሲጫወት
Fed_Up wrote:
Awash wrote:
Azabaw,

Awash
Senior Member+

Post by Awash » 29 Jan 2020, 03:17

Yegered lij aka zene mekele,
Ye shabo propaganda yetim alderese. Yemereja tesatafiwoch Awash man mehonu yawqalu. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ኣር በኛ ሲጫወት :mrgreen:
Zena Mekele wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 03:08
Asfenededuhe eko ye shabo Lidgoche. Abay Tsehay Eger Lay wedko Isayas Maregne ale eko😄. Hid Endelemdkew Limenahne Ketel 😄werada Werdetegna

Awash wrote:
29 Jan 2020, 02:49
ኣርበኛ ሲጫወት
Fed_Up wrote:
Awash wrote:
Azabaw,