Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member
Posts: 17430
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 20:43

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by Zmeselo » 15 Apr 2019, 08:53

I just listed, what the people's priorities are. How they're achieved- yes- it's another story altogether.

The trust issue isn't easy to gauge, because opinion polls are not taken in Eritrea. So you might, or might not be right.

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14626
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by Zack » 15 Apr 2019, 09:20

Opinion polls can be held in the diaspora. I don't think western democracy can work in Eritrea ,atleast not liberal democracy freedom of lgtb and what not since it's a more conservative society . What's important is economic change transparency and to some extend individual freedom. I think these are the most important things. Human capital is most important asset. If the govt doesn't use it's people to uplift the economy especially with a very young population such as Eritrea.

Dr Zackovich

Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 26903
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by Awash » 15 Apr 2019, 09:41

Zacky,
Did you say " western democracy " doesn't work in Eritrea? How do we know if we haven't tried it?
How about voting with your feet aka African migration? That seems to be working.


Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 26903
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by Awash » 15 Apr 2019, 12:55

Doctor Zackarov,
Of course the Eritrean people deserve change from these savage tyrants and the zombie stooges.


YAY
Member
Posts: 715
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 11:51

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by YAY » 22 Apr 2019, 00:16

Dear Zack: Yes, political change is necessary in Eritrea

I don't know what you mean/understand by political change in general, or in Eritrea. The formation of the Eritrean republic needs to be completed, and PFDJ and Issaias Afwerki are not against it. It is obvious that preparations need to be made, and each effort demands time. In addition, Eritrea-Ethiopia agreements need to be approved by the Eritrean Parliament and peace consolidated by the Government of Eritrea. I believe change is coming, though not all at once.
Zack wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 06:54
Or is the current path the right way now I am not the one fixated on wedi afoms rule . Whether positive or negative but what needs to be done is some change because politicial preperation is needed. Because with out change the unexpected can happen. Now I don't believe what happend to Sudan or Libya can happen Eritrea because these are Arab States. Eritrea is not an Arab country. So my question is what kind of change can we expect and what kind of change do Eritreans want.


Dr Zackovich

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14626
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by Zack » 22 Apr 2019, 17:32

That's why an Eritrean parliament needs to be established real fast.. the badme case was the whole conflict. How long has it been almost a year. Since Ethiopia and Eritrea made official peace.

Dr Zackovich

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14626
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by Zack » 06 Dec 2019, 06:07

Change has to come as the year is ending but the question iswho will implement it. Is the current government capable on implementing changes. I put allot of interest in economic improvements. Because the economy is something that helps all Eritreans. And of course the private sector needs to be opened up. Eritreans abroad should be allowed to invest in the country.

Dr Zackovich

Awash
Senior Member+
Posts: 26903
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 00:35

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by Awash » 06 Dec 2019, 06:33

Zacky,
Too little, too late.
Zack wrote:
06 Dec 2019, 06:07
Change has to come as the year is ending but the question iswho will implement it. Is the current government capable on implementing changes. I put allot of interest in economic improvements. Because the economy is something that helps all Eritreans. And of course the private sector needs to be opened up. Eritreans abroad should be allowed to invest in the country.

Dr Zackovich

Sabur
Member
Posts: 470
Joined: 11 Aug 2018, 07:41

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by Sabur » 06 Dec 2019, 08:56

YAY wrote:

"In addition, Eritrea-Ethiopia agreements need to be approved by the Eritrean Parliament and peace consolidated by the Government of Eritrea."

This is one of the worst jokes "approved by the Eritrean Parliament". Does the Eritrean Parliament exist any more? It has been frozen by the dictator since 2011. Never existed since 2011.

Unless the dictator is finally realizing the majority People of Eritrea are against his rule and probably wants to have a face saving exit by opening a fake rubber stamp Eritrean Parliament.

Implement the ratified Eritrean Constitution and give power to the people. Like any other constitutions in the beginning the constitution may not be 100% perfect, and it gets amended with time towards a Perfect Legal Anchor by which the people and government are governed. Let the rule of law govern Eritrea.

The dictator declared the constitution DEAD by his own whim with our giving any reason to the public.
He even joked about it and lied to people of Eritrea on TV that people are already working on a New One. Where is the new one? Who is participating? Is the Eritrean People know about it and its progress?

The dictator believes and considers Eritrea as his Pawn, and his Property; He does whatever he wants to do every morning he gets up Like Luis XVI the king France - the only King under the Sun.



YAY wrote:
22 Apr 2019, 00:16
Dear Zack: Yes, political change is necessary in Eritrea

In addition, Eritrea-Ethiopia agreements need to be approved by the Eritrean Parliament and peace consolidated by the Government of Eritrea.
Zack wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 06:54
Or is the current path the right way now I am not the one fixated on wedi afoms rule . Whether positive or negative but what needs to be done is some change because politicial preperation is needed. Because with out change the unexpected can happen. Now I don't believe what happend to Sudan or Libya can happen Eritrea because these are Arab States. Eritrea is not an Arab country. So my question is what kind of change can we expect and what kind of change do Eritreans want.


Dr Zackovich

Digital Weyane
Member
Posts: 1315
Joined: 19 Jun 2019, 21:45

Re: Does Eritrea need change on the political front

Post by Digital Weyane » 06 Dec 2019, 09:18

I agree with my Weyane brothers Awash and Sabur.

When dictator Issayas illegally and unconstitutionally overthrew our TPLF democratic government in Ethiopia, he forced our 4 million people in Tigray, including myself, to become Eritrean opposition in retaliation.

We will continue to oppose him until he is forced to acknowledge our Greater Tigray Republic dream and return both Assab and Massawa to our Tigray Republic.

We need change!
When do we want it? Now!


Post Reply