Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
sesame
Member+

Now We are Talking: "Russia to build an oil refinery, cross-border pipelines, and regional transportation corridors in

Post by sesame » 16 Mar 2023, 11:49

This is great news! Do you guys remember how some idiots totally missed the message from Lavrov's landing in Massawa. Wedi Atariti, what do you think now? :lol: :lol:
Please wait, video is loading...

Temt
Member+

Re: Now We are Talking: "Russia to build an oil refinery, cross-border pipelines, and regional transportation corridors

Post by Temt » 16 Mar 2023, 13:59

sesame wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 11:49
This is great news! Do you guys remember how some idiots totally missed the message from Lavrov's landing in Massawa. Wedi Atariti, what do you think now? :lol: :lol:
ተዓወት! ተዓወት! ተዓወት!

pushkin
Member+

Re: Now We are Talking: "Russia to build an oil refinery, cross-border pipelines, and regional transportation corridors

Post by pushkin » 16 Mar 2023, 14:17

HERE YOU GO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sesame wrote:

tarik
Senior Member+

Post by tarik » 16 Mar 2023, 14:30

sesame wrote:
Actually, i don't know if you guys remember this , but the soviet union back in 60-90's had an oil refinery system in our Asseb port & now it will have another 1 in our beautiful port of Massawa, so that's good, better the Russians & Chinese than z evil blood sucking parasite usa-eu. С возвращением в мою Эритрею, русские.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 16 Mar 2023, 14:49

We should be cautious with this piece of news until we hear or see something concrete from either side officially. I remember similar news was surfaced in 2018, right after Eri-Ethio restored their relationship.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 16 Mar 2023, 15:22

sesame wrote:
Lam alechin besemay wetetwan yemalay yilalu your current allies the fanos who are planning to march to addis and oust the seventh king with the help of your god issu and you are blabbering about a redundant pipe dream which we heard it in 1991, in 2004, 2012, 2014 and 2016 and which never transpired. Stop lying to the eritrean masses.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 16 Mar 2023, 15:31

quindibu wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 14:49
We should be cautious with this piece of news until we hear or see something concrete from either side officially. I remember similar news was surfaced in 2018, right after Eri-Ethio restored their relationship.

Good point quindibu. But, I remember reading somewhere that Sergei Lavrov stated that "now that there is a peace signed between Eritrea and Ethiopia, Russia plans to install "Logistic Center" by installing gas pipes from Ethiopia to the Eritrean coast" or something to that effect. In fact, I was wondering when that thing was going to be implemented. While your point is well taken, I think this story may be correct,

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 16 Mar 2023, 15:31

kerenite wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 15:22
sesame wrote:
Lam alechin besemay wetetwan yemalay yilalu your current allies the fanos who are planning to march to addis and oust the seventh king with the help of your god issu and you are blabbering about a redundant pipe dream which we heard it in 1991, in 2004, 2012, 2014 and 2016 and which never transpired. Stop lying to the eritrean masses.
Usually I don't waste my time on a retard, let a alone a retard Agame like you.

You see economy is about 'need'. Your 'need' isn't compatible with mine....and the last time I checked, this news wasn't about opening new USAID warehouses.......So stay within your lane! Guhaf!

@Red

Post by @Red » 16 Mar 2023, 15:37

It amazes me and sad that… this idiots … dream big development projects… but forget Issu will never allow such things.
Don’t take me wrong that this is possible but it’s not possible under Issu leadership
Issu would not even allow us to use Assab port let alone transport oil to Addis… thank goodness the Djibouti folks are not as crazy and self hating as shabias

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 16 Mar 2023, 15:46

Temt wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 15:31
quindibu wrote:

Good point quindibu. But, I remember reading somewhere that Sergei Lavrov stated that "now that there is a peace signed between Eritrea and Ethiopia, Russia plans to install "Logistic Center" by installing gas pipes from Ethiopia to the Eritrean coast" or something to that effect. In fact, I was wondering when that thing was going to be implemented. While your point is well taken, I think this story may be correct,

I agree with you that the peace deal between Ethio-Eritrea may be one factor to push for this project now. The other and the most important one is Russia's incentive to widen its influence, its role in positioning itself globally, and its priority to secure its economic and military interests have been dramatically changed after the Ukraine war, which is a blessing in disguise for countries like Eritrea......

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 16 Mar 2023, 16:19

@Red wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 15:37
It amazes me and sad that… this idiots … dream big development projects… but forget Issu will never allow such things.
Don’t take me wrong that this is possible but it’s not possible under Issu leadership
Issu would not even allow us to use Assab port let alone transport oil to Addis… thank goodness the Djibouti folks are not as crazy and self hating as shabias
What do you know about Eritrea? Just, stay away from Eritrean affairs ሙሽሙሽ ዑጉም!

Dark Energy

Post by Dark Energy » 16 Mar 2023, 16:21

I have been looking smart policies and strategies for many years. What the Eritrean government does and say have been drastically different since independence. Eritreans are too forgetting hence empty promises pile up. Having said that, Isayas looks like he is talking wefri’s lately. That is very worrying. Sending good and bad news in one package is frightening. I tell you what, the Russians are thankful to Isayas though they did not help Eritrea during the last hearing Eritrea at the last Security Council sessions. Hence if Russia builds infrastructures in Eritrean ports, I would be very happy provided that the people of Eritrea stands to benefit from it. It begs the question though. The Red Sea is the busiest channel in the world. The conduit is very much dominated by pro western nations around the World. Russian business with Western European countries such as Germany is conducted through other more efficient routes through out Europe. In other words, what is in it for Russia. Where does Ethiopia stand on this ? Isayas seems to be preparing for another war. His latest interview implies toward that direction.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 16 Mar 2023, 16:39

quindibu wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 15:31
kerenite wrote:
sesame wrote:
Usually I don't waste my time on a retard, let a alone a retard Agame like you.

You see economy is about 'need'. Your 'need' isn't compatible with mine....and the last time I checked, this news wasn't about opening new USAID warehouses.......So stay within your lane! Guhaf!

LoQmats sddi old amiche,

If you scribble some acrobatic and bombastic English words they don't make you a Shakespeare. Don't cheat your sorry asz komal.

I always wonder why the amiches are the die-hard supporters of the demented dictator. Because of him they were deported from ethiopia and as a result, they lost all their belongings. All their belongings were confiscated by the ugums.

Aite Shakespeare, when I address you as amiche it ain't out of the blue, you publicly told us here that you are an amiche. I will consider you an SOB if you deny it.

Mushmush guregna amiche.... perhaps wedi torserawit.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 16 Mar 2023, 16:57

Ethiopia rejects Eritrean ports

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2488499.stm

Ethiopia needs more food aid to avert disaster

Monday, 18 November, 2002

Ethiopia has rejected an offer from its former foe Eritrea to use its Red Sea ports to transport food aid.
Some 14 million Ethiopians are estimated to be at risk from famine next year because of the failure of crucial rains.

Ethiopia's Minister of State for Information Netsanet Asfaw told Reuters news agency that they did not need to use their neighbour's nearby ports of Assab and Masawa.
We have no problem with ports... our problem at the moment is that there is not enough food to be transported into the country,
she said by telephone from the capital, Addis Ababa.

Landlocked Ethiopia currently relies on ports in Djibouti and Somaliland.

Aid agencies estimate that between 1.5m and 2m tonnes of food will have to be brought into Ethiopia to overcome the current crisis.

Relations

Eritrea made the offer despite hostile relations between the two countries' governments, the legacy of a bloody two-year border war, which began in 1998.

In a foreign ministry statement, the Eritrean Government said it was conscious of its obligations in the face of the huge humanitarian crisis, though it added in a barbed comment that the Ethiopian people should not be punished for the wrongdoings of the government.

Eritrea itself is also suffering from the worst drought to hit the country since the mid-1980s with 1.4 million people, roughly half the population, affected by the drought.

Eritrea's two ports of Masawa and Assab were the main ports used by Ethiopia until the war broke out in 1998.

There are good roads from the ports both to the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, and northern Ethiopia.

The port of Assab in the south of Eritrea was used almost exclusively by Ethiopia and since the war, the port has been idle.

During the war, a similar offer was made by Eritrea when Ethiopia was again facing drought, but that was rejected by Ethiopia as a publicity stunt.

The Ethiopian Government has blamed donor fatigue for an inadequate response to the impending crisis.
The latest reports reaching here from parts of the country warn that people are dying of starvation,
the information ministry said in a statement released at the weekend.
It has become apparent that without swift food aid many people will die,
it warned.

@Red wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 15:37

Weyane.is.dead
Member+

Post by Weyane.is.dead » 16 Mar 2023, 17:26

Sek eske bel nefat.
wedish.ermuta wrote:
sesame wrote:

ZEMEN

Post by ZEMEN » 16 Mar 2023, 17:30

sesame wrote:
I kind of expected that after I listened to the brave president of Eritrea on KENDEL, which the best source of information to follow Eritrean's movement in Amharic. When President Isaias declared mining is a zero-sum game, that statement gave where Eritrea is heading. In Africa you will be happy and appreciative when the white comes and do some kind of mining and they take 85% and they throw you 15%, not to mention what kind of toxic they leave you that will endanger generations to come. However, when an African leader comes out with absolute tenacity and courageous act of a state's man. Yet, the most mesmerizing point for me was, when President Isaias said the mining business was wrong business to do. Now, I ask any one on this forum, can you please tell me that any African leader who said, I and my government was wrong and declared the business is a zero-sum game?
This is uncharted territory and no guessing in here Eritrea is on the move. This is not only good for Eritreans life standard and development but finally here is your chance to get away from the Grib of the greened eye of the agame. Once Eritrea is moved on economically, the agame who are suffering from complex inferiority, they are done, and they will forget about Eritrea and will concentrate with how many trucks entered Tigray today. And to the rest of the Eritreans, listen to your president, he is one of you. he never lied to you, he never cheated you, he never lived as any President supposed live but a normal Eritrean. You got the chance to be part of African success story. You got the chance to free Africa from the white shackles suffering from. Thanks to your government and president Isaias, they showed you the way and what you will do, is your fate, and you should have a serious consultation within your soul. The soul will never lie to you. As far as I can observe, Ethiopia wants to be free like Eritrea from the white evil Grib but how? There was never an infrastructure to deal with such challenge, but, Eritreans, your fathers and forth fathers paid the price for you to be free and strong, if not, your fate is not that different than the agame.

ZEMEN

Post by ZEMEN » 16 Mar 2023, 17:30

sesame wrote:
I kind of expected that after I listened to the brave president of Eritrea on KENDEL, which the best source of information to follow Eritrean's movement in Amharic. When President Isaias declared mining is a zero-sum game, that statement gave where Eritrea is heading. In Africa you will be happy and appreciative when the white comes and do some kind of mining and they take 85% and they throw you 15%, not to mention what kind of toxic they leave you that will endanger generations to come. However, when an African leader comes out with absolute tenacity and courageous act of a state's man. Yet, the most mesmerizing point for me was, when President Isaias said the mining business was wrong business to do. Now, I ask any one on this forum, can you please tell me that any African leader who said, I and my government was wrong and declared the business is a zero-sum game?
This is uncharted territory and no guessing in here Eritrea is on the move. This is not only good for Eritreans life standard and development but finally here is your chance to get away from the Grib of the greened eye of the agame. Once Eritrea is moved on economically, the agame who are suffering from complex inferiority, they are done, and they will forget about Eritrea and will concentrate with how many trucks entered Tigray today. And to the rest of the Eritreans, listen to your president, he is one of you. he never lied to you, he never cheated you, he never lived as any President supposed live but a normal Eritrean. You got the chance to be part of African success story. You got the chance to free Africa from the white shackles suffering from. Thanks to your government and president Isaias, they showed you the way and what you will do, is your fate, and you should have a serious consultation within your soul. The soul will never lie to you. As far as I can observe, Ethiopia wants to be free like Eritrea from the white evil Grib but how? There was never an infrastructure to deal with such challenge, but, Eritreans, your fathers and forth fathers paid the price for you to be free and strong, if not, your fate is not that different than the agame.

Deqi-Arawit

Post by Deqi-Arawit » 16 Mar 2023, 17:51

Weizero Shemaynesh!
If you expect these Agames or Semi Agames to take you to the Promise land,,You are day dreaming. The Agames who are leading Eritrea are no better than authentic Agames, they don't have a vision, Dream........The fact of the matter is, wedi medhin berad just told you on the interview, you need to downside your dream and vision...Aka ReseaAyo!

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 16 Mar 2023, 18:04

quindibu wrote:

Your cautious approach makes a lot of sense. Building an oil refinery, cross-border pipelines and regional transportation corridors is not difficult for the Russians. The problem is not with Russia and Eritrea but with our Ethiopian friends ( the leadership) who are under the total control of foreign powers. They do not seem to take their decisions alone. Even the tall and strong amongst them shudder with fear infront of an effeminate character like Blinken and as the result they would rather listen to their white masters and let themselves get f...ed by the giant-f...er ድጂቡቲ and pay millions of dollars for it than having a healthy economic relationship with Eritrea. እዛ ሃገር ብዙሓት ሓሳዳት እዮም ዘለዋ ። ዋላ ሓደ ወዲ ሃገር ተባሂሉ ኤርትራ ክትጥቀም ኢያ ዝብል ወረ እንተ ሰሚዑ ብሕስድና ሸርእን ንሸርእን ይኸውን 'ሞ ነቲ ተስፋታት ብክፉእ ምንዮቶ ግብራዊ ከም ዘይከውን ክነግረካ ይፈቱ ። ሞገታዊ ክትዕን መብርህን ዝጸልእ የለን ። እቲ ዘጽልኣካ ሓደ ኣድጊ ስጋዕ ክንደይ ክፉእ ከም ዝምነየልካ እንዳ ኣርኣየ ኣብ መጎት ተመርኲሱ ከም ዝቐርበካ ከምስል እንከሎ እዩ ።

-

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 16 Mar 2023, 18:08

Deqi-Arawit wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 17:51
I told you not to use the language of Tigrayan muslims. It is not good for your reputation.