Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Axumezana

The siege of Amhara and Addis Ababa!

Post by Axumezana » 16 Mar 2023, 13:28

As Amharas have been harassed for long time entering to Addis Ababa via Oromia, it looks they have decided to limit the sale of their agricultural products to Oromia and Addis Ababa. With out any exaggeration Amharas are the best farmers in Ethiopia with huge surplus products and they can easily put short term pressure on the Abiy government that could even trigger riots. On the other side Amhara also depend on industrial products from Oromia/ Addis Ababa including fertilizers and pesticides that increases productivity ( unless they import them from Sudan or Eriteria). Amhara also needs a market for it's surplus products to sustain it's economy. The economic & social sabotage we are witnessing by both parties is ultimately going to damage the economy of Amhara , Addis Ababa and the whole Ethiopia and it has to be immediately stopped. It is surprising to see the economic siege that was initiated by Amhara against Tigray more than five years ago is coming full circle to affect ever body in the country. It is also expected that the business mafia of Isaias already operating in Ethiopia ( founded & strongly present in the Amhara state ) trying to benefit on this crises such as importing teff to Eritrea and re-exporting it to Ethiopia via Assab and exporting it to the Middle East. That is why the Ethiopia government has to close the Amhara- Eriteria smuggling route via Humera which is both a security and economic risk for the country.
Last edited by Axumezana on 16 Mar 2023, 17:08, edited 3 times in total.

Za-Ilmaknun

Re: The siege of Amhara and Adidas Ababa!

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 16 Mar 2023, 13:45

Actually it is the OPDO administration that is becoming a hurdle to the free flow of goods and services in the country and creating an environment that could benefit OLF smugglers. The Abiy administration trained and financed OLF militants blocked the roads that connect Amhara and Addis Ababa and murder traders, drivers and innocent civilians who are travelling to and from Addis.

The Amhara Region produces 3/5 of all agricultural products in the country. Now that the Amhara people are denied of their constitutional rights and are being persecuted everywhere in the country for who they are, they should use any leverage at their disposal to force the extremists OPDO administration to act as a gov't of the country. In the mean time, Amhara should export its produce to Eritrea, Sudan or anywhere in the world where there is a market.

kibramlak

Re: The siege of Amhara and Adidas Ababa!

Post by kibramlak » 16 Mar 2023, 13:48

You mean by handing over Humera to TPLF? What a genius. Deep down from your heart you know that Wolkayt Humera doesn't have any cell of Tigray but you also failed to understand the bigger picture that the savage primitive tribal oromuma want to instill perpetual violence between Tigray and Amhara so that these animals come to control and fvk your mom and sis, when conditions are suitable to them.

Its amazing that for each and every pains there is one anly one scapegoat, which is Amhara. Let me ask you some questions:

- why do you think Abiy deliberately pulled out of Tigray, then Afar and Amhara several times to let Tplf commit all those crimes while on their way they had to commit millions of lives??

- who gained in that war ? Neither Tigray nor Amhara and Afar. Only the olf Oromuma kept arming terrorists and their own tribal criminals to commit crimes that never existed anywhere on this planet.

- Who instigated violence against Amhara? Its TPLF and indirectly OLF Abiy and julla (remember the Dessie and Woldya fiasco)

- Ask yourself what Abiy has been doing to Tigray and now what he is trying to do. Use Tigray to initiate another round of war between Tigray and Amhara, while he is warming up to control every regions of the country as a oromuma olf terrorists.

Trust me, if another round of war is to be initiated, as it appears to be, that would be the most devastating ever seen in the country and no one would cone out as winner.

Tigray should establish peace with its immediate neighbors and see the bigger picture. Unless its because of inferiority complex syndrome, Tigray has nothing in common with the savage Oromuma.

Think and rethink, see the bigger picture on what the Oromuma Abiy is conspiring between Tigray and Amhara.

Axumezana wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 13:28
As Amharas have been harassed for long time entering to Addis Ababa via Oromia, it looks the Amharas have decided to limit the sale of their agricultural products to Oromia and Addis Ababa. With out any exaggeration Amharas are the best farmers in Ethiopia with huge surplus products and they can easily put short term pressure on the Abiy government that could trigger riots. On the other side Amhara also depend on industrial products from Oromia/ Addis Ababa including fertilizers and pesticides that increases the productivity ( unless they import them from Sudan or Eriteria). Amhara also needs a market for it's surplus products to sustain it's economy. The [deleted] for tat economic & social sabotage we are witnessing is ultimately going to damage the economy of Amhara , Addis Ababa and the whole Ethiopia and it has to be immediately stopped. It is surprising to see the economic siege that was initiated by Amhara against Tigray more than five years ago is coming full circle to affect ever body in the country. It is also expected the business mafia of Isaias already operating in Ethiopia trying to benefit on this crises such a importing teff to Eritrea and re-exporting it to Ethiopia via Assab and exporting it to the middle east. That is why the Ethiopia government has to close the Amhara- Eriteria smuggling route via Humera

tarik
Senior Member+

Re: The siege of Amhara and Addis Ababa!

Post by tarik » 16 Mar 2023, 13:52

Axumezana wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 13:28
As Amharas have been harassed for long time entering to Addis Ababa via Oromia, it looks they have decided to limit the sale of their agricultural products to Oromia and Addis Ababa. With out any exaggeration Amharas are the best farmers in Ethiopia with huge surplus products and they can easily put short term pressure on the Abiy government that could even trigger riots. On the other side Amhara also depend on industrial products from Oromia/ Addis Ababa including fertilizers and pesticides that increases productivity ( unless they import them from Sudan or Eriteria). Amhara also needs a market for it's surplus products to sustain it's economy. The economic & social sabotage we are witnessing by both parties is ultimately going to damage the economy of Amhara , Addis Ababa and the whole Ethiopia and it has to be immediately stopped. It is surprising to see the economic siege that was initiated by Amhara against Tigray more than five years ago is coming full circle to affect ever body in the country. It is also expected the business mafia of Isaias already operating in Ethiopia ( strongly present in the Amhara state ) trying to benefit on this crises such as importing teff to Eritrea and re-exporting it to Ethiopia via Assab and exporting it to the middle east. That is why the Ethiopia government has to close the Amhara- Eriteria smuggling route via Humera which is both a security and economic risk for the country.
Learn how 2 spell My Eritrea right u monkey agame. It's spelled "ERITREA"; not Eriteria. Idiot. What we Eritreans & our Amhara friends do doesn't concern u agame idiot. I am suspecting that u r not even agame anymore, because only Somalians or Djiboutis spell my ERITREA as Eriteria & even pronounce it as ERITERIIIA. I am starting 2 think u may be that idiot hawdian or moran zack. Either way u r still agames curse-land-tigray evil ppl's lover so i will keep calling u parasite agame. Abahawis wahid:lol: :mrgreen:

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 16 Mar 2023, 14:02

Wether we like it or not Tigray-Oromia alliance is the only way to stabilize & save Ethiopia from disintegration . I call it ኦሮትግ፤ I am not saying this because I support/ love / favour Oromia over Amhara but after realistic analysis of the power dynamics of the political rivalry. At this stage it is impossible to establish strategic alliance between Tigray and Amahra as both have conflicting visions and goals for Ethiopia and their respective ambitions are different. The same is true between Amhara- and Oromia . However Tigray and Oromia have shared visions for Ethiopia and complementary goals and their alliance could create the critical mass to stabilize Ethiopia.

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 16 Mar 2023, 14:07

Ascari-Agame Tarik,

Your insults spoils only your own conscious & learn to communicate with respect and in a civilized manner for your your own sake.

Only ascari syndrome sickness could make people proud of the name they were given by their colonial masters that were treating them as a 2nd class citizen . Eritrea or Eriteria is one and same given to you by your colonial masters.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 16 Mar 2023, 14:29

Axumezana wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 14:02
Wether we like it or not Tigray-Oromia alliance is the only way to stabilize & save Ethiopia from disintegration . I call it ኦሮትግ፤ I am not saying this because I support/ love / favour Oromia over Amhara but after realistic analysis of the power dynamics of the political rivalry. At this stage it is impossible to establish strategic alliance between Tigray and Amahra as both have conflicting visions and goals for Ethiopia and their respective ambitions are different. The same is true between Amhara- and Oromia . However Tigray and Oromia have shared visions for Ethiopia and complementary goals and their alliance could create the critical mass to stabilize Ethiopia.
:mrgreen: We have travelled on that road for that last 30 plus years and we are where we are now. Doing same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is a a typical and mundane way of doing things for TPLF cadres. I am only wishing that your man speeds up the process for all of us to be outta of the current morass. One thing that I am certain about is the ADP herd has to be pressured more for it to change the way it is doing business. That is when that leap stage starts to happen.

Abere

Post by Abere » 16 Mar 2023, 14:43

I think the skyrocketed price of Teff and grains in Addis Ababa Region and cities in Oromiya is purely due to unforeseen consequences of Oromuma's blockage of transport routes. Transport is the artery of any functional society. Orommuma blocked these arteries that carries nutrition from Amhara and now part of the country is facing critical food. The stupid Orommuma blocking the nutrition source of the country is suicidal. The effect is grave on cities in Oromiya and Addis Ababa, whereas for Amhara region is is not that critical as manufactured fertilizers are not in the level of critical demands. Fertilizer is optional, not critical. Rather the land will be saved from the adverse long term effect of commercial fertilizer.

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 16 Mar 2023, 15:18

I have been informed also transportation cost has skyrocketed !

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 16 Mar 2023, 16:05

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Listen to this and make your own conclusions. What a leadership !! :lol:

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 16 Mar 2023, 17:01

I know this man creating lies during the war and difficult to listen / trust him!

Abere

Post by Abere » 16 Mar 2023, 17:18

But , scarcity of food stuff in Addis Ababa and Oromia is true news, right? Who should be hold responsible for this? How can this be solved?
Axumezana wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 17:01
I know this man creating lies during the war and difficult to listen / trust him!

Tadiyalehu

Post by Tadiyalehu » 16 Mar 2023, 23:13

ኦሮሙማ ፥ ኦሮሙማ ፥ ኦሮሙማ ....ቅዘን ቆምጬ!!
ገና አብደህ ጨርቅህን ትጥላለህ እንጂ... ኦሮሙማ ከዚህ በላይ ያብባል!!! ከዚህ በላይ ይመነደጋል።
የናንተ የጥላቻና ምቀኝነት ቅርሻት ... ከዚህ በፊት በየዋህነት "እንቀፋቸው" ያለውን ሁሉ አነቃው። በርቱና የትምክህት እና ምቀኝነት ቅርሻታችሁን አዝረብርቡ። ከቅርሻት ውጭ መቼም ሌላ የማድረግ አቅም የላችሁ!
ሌላው ... የናንተ የጤፍ ምርት ድበቃ ሻጥር የስኒ ላይ ማዕበል ናት። ኦሮሚያ ከናንተ የምትፈልገው አንዳች ምርት የለም። ኦሮሚያ አይደለም አድኣ ብቻውን የሚያመርተው ጤፍ ሙሉ አማራ ከሚያመርተው በ10X ይበልጣል።
ለማንኛውም ጨዋታውን እናንተ ከጀመራችሁት ጥሩ ነው። .... ካሁን በኋላ ጤፍ አይደለም ... እግራችሁ ደጀንን ተሻግሮ የኦሮሞን ምድር አይረግጥም።
ጭቃ አንጎል!
አር ነፍጠኛ!
Abere wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 14:43
I think the skyrocketed price of Teff and grains in Addis Ababa Region and cities in Oromiya is purely due to unforeseen consequences of Oromuma's blockage of transport routes. Transport is the artery of any functional society. Orommuma blocked these arteries that carries nutrition from Amhara and now part of the country is facing critical food. The stupid Orommuma blocking the nutrition source of the country is suicidal. The effect is grave on cities in Oromiya and Addis Ababa, whereas for Amhara region is is not that critical as manufactured fertilizers are not in the level of critical demands. Fertilizer is optional, not critical. Rather the land will be saved from the adverse long term effect of commercial fertilizer.