Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Tiago

Abiy is a dictator

Post by Tiago » 31 May 2022, 16:59

Imprisoning journalists is a sign of increasing totalitarianism. Stifling a free press is an effort to keep a government from being criticized, and from being held accountable for honest transparent actions by the citizens of a nation.

eden
Member+

Re: Abiy is a dictator

Post by eden » 31 May 2022, 19:40

Tiago,

Does this apply to other countries as well or just Ethiopia? I noticed many Ethiopians agree with your view above when it comes to Ethiopia but these same Ethiopians disagree when we Eritreans state the same regarding Eritrea’s record on attack against Journalists.

revelations, Sam, Wedi, Abere, Noble etc etc call for press freedom in Ethiopia but they encourage Isayas to keep jailing Journalists. Tamerat Negera even thanked Isayas for destroying the entire generation of Journalists but he himself opposed Abiy jailing him for his journalism. This is on video. This is twisted, no?

Abdisa
Member+

Post by Abdisa » 31 May 2022, 20:00

Why don't you agame mind your own business? If you're fighting for Tigray's secession, why does it matter to you if our democratically elected Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed is a "dictator" or not? Please go eat the UN food aid and puke your guts out. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tiago wrote:
31 May 2022, 16:59
Imprisoning journalists is a sign of increasing totalitarianism. Stifling a free press is an effort to keep a government from being criticized, and from being held accountable for honest transparent actions by the citizens of a nation.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 31 May 2022, 20:08

Eden, you are making it up as you go. I haven’t written a single sentence regarding the Eritrean journalists that means I did not “encourage” Isayes to lock them up. About Ethiopian journalists, I have no high opinion of them. Once, I stayed in Addis for awhile. Daily I almost read every news paper published in Addis. I wasn’t impressed. Some of the newspaper catchy headlines have nothing to offer. You read the headline you read it all. There was one exception the weekly “ Addis Neger.” Well, after I left Addis, I heard the journalists left to Europe and US. That is a real loss. In the future I expect Ethiopian universities to graduate capable journalists.

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 31 May 2022, 20:11

Tiago wrote:
31 May 2022, 16:59
Fando,

If you are addicted to b!tching why don't you go to a striptease club and exercise your paranoid b!tching sessions and even get paid for it, in cash or in kind.?

How many years have Al Jazeera journalist Mahmoud Hussein been in jail in Egypt? Since 2019. What happened to a prominent American Palestinian journalist Shireen Abu Akleh few weeks ago in Palestine? Got killed just like that. So why don't you cry for these people, antee/anchii fanddiyya?

Do you want to hide under the fake spy free press and start laying your serpent eggs. You may not know what happened to a french journalist who traveled to Ukraine just like you with out invitation to go and pock their nose in a place where they are not welcome.

Divisive and destabilizing greedy terrorists need to be told what they should do and not do. The current good Ethiopian government and its good new Prime minister Dr.Abiy got elected in a free and fair transparent competitive democratic election and rightfully assumed legitimate political power to lead and protect the country against all types of enemies.

All governments have the right and the duty to bring anarchy and lawlessness under complete control. This is not the time for land property claim back when the issue is a matter of enforcing law and order be it in the north or south. All armed groups must necessarily hand over their illegal weapons instead of hiding behind degenerate fake political parties and start publishing fake propaganda press releases

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 31 May 2022, 21:20

There are no fake propaganda about arrests,killings and kidnapping going on in Ethiopia under the demonic galla ,abiy ahmed.
Simply ,the galla ተረኞች are afraid power is about to slip away from their blood drenched hands.

Abdissa ,
You are using your master's (woyane)dirty trick to label people ,as you know people are not buying your lies.
You can not disprove abiy's dictatorship.

Abiy the democratically elected PM turned a dictator.

A democracy can also fall when a country’s elites feel that democracy no longer “works” for them. When these elites feel that losing an election may mean forfeiting their power and influence over the country, they may seek to take over the country by force, turning it into a dictatorship. Or, democracies can fall the other (more subtle) way, when elites first grab on to power via democratic means, before then stripping away democratic rights. /color]