Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Thomas H

MUST READ: Who is Professor Messay Kebede ?

Post by Thomas H » 16 Jan 2022, 11:14

HIS ROLE IN 1988

AAU lost credibility when Colonel Mengistu Hailemariam graduated summa cumm laude from AAU in 1988 in Economics.The then AAU president Dr Abiy Kifle said quote"I am proud to give this gold medal to the best student our university has ever seen Comrade Mengistu.It is my pleasure to give this special award to Comrade Mengistu who graduated in Economics in VERY GREAT DISTINCTION".This ceremony took place at Arat Kilo Palace and present during this ceremony was Messay Kbede who was so happy for Mengistu being selected as the University's best student and he cried uncontrollably during the ceremony.By the way, Colonel Mengistu Hailemariam never attended high school. He joined AAU straight from Grade 8 .

MESSAY KEBEDE TODAY

Thomas H

Re: MUST READ: Who is Professor Messay Kebede ?

Post by Thomas H » 19 Jan 2022, 09:36

How is Messay Kebede rated by his students ? PART I

The most boring and a very uninterested prof ever. I wish he at least appear interested to teach, He seems someone is forcing him to live in America and teach

This Professor is very vague in his lecture, he speaks for himself has no contact with students. I wonder how he was teaching in his home country. A survey and review of his background as a teacher is importnat.

Get me out of this class!! Worst teacher/class I have ever had!! I can't understand him due to his EXTREMELY thick Indian accent. Plus he stutters all the time. If you've seen "Farris Beuler's Day Off", think of the roll call scene (Beuler, Beuler, Beuler) and the faces of the students...that's a snapshot of the kids in this class...

This class is more history of philosophy than discussing philosophy. He lectures for the entire time with little class engagement.

He is very difficult to understand, and sometimes can't even understand English. He is very boring and only lectures and gives an occasional quiz. Quizzes are easy if you say EXACTLY what he says in class

He is incredibly difficult to understand and he has a hard time understanding English. His class is objective. Even if you have a good argument with supporting details, you are wrong because only his idea is right. This is the worst class I have taken.

Overall, it was a horrible experience. His lectures were not clear partially due to his accent. He doesn't answer questions well. Going to his office hours for clarity is a no-go.

Class size dropped from 28 to 12 in a month. It's awful. Basically his interpretation of the material. Just remember "life is a dream an movement is not real". It's a total joke.

He is awful. He has a very heavy accent and hard to understand. There is no structure to the class and its impossible to study for tests. Also when you get your test back you can't even understand his comments because his handwriting is so awful.

He doesn't speak english well. he is so confusing. you will want to drop this class asap. the quizzes and tests are straight up essay. if you like being lectured about pointless information you will never need to know or care than this is the class for you. otherwise..run away!! save yourself...before its too late!

WORST teacher i have EVER had. cant understand half the things that come out of his mouth. if you don't word things the exact way he wants them on tests and quizes you do horrible. overall HORRIBLE teacher, avoid at all costs!!

Source: https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRa ... tid=485054

Thomas H

Post by Thomas H » 25 Jan 2022, 00:08

How is Messay Kebede rated by his students ? PART II

He is very hard to understand; Think an Ethiopian version of Ben Stein! Not as funny though... He sucked the fun out of the subject, and always made me fall asleep in class. If you're looking to learn, avoid at all costs!

WORST teacher i have EVER had. cant understand half the things that come out of his mouth. if you don't word things the exact way he wants them on tests and quizes you do horrible. overall HORRIBLE teacher, avoid at all costs!!

WORST teacher EVER!!!! DO NOT TAKE! Emailed our class the night before class to tell us we had a quiz on material that we knew nothing about!

idk he's different...don't like him at all. Class is impossible to pay attention to between his rambling, boring discussions and accent. All in all, horrible teacher; do not take.

Not a good teacher, he barely even speaks english.

foreign. canNOT understand him. fun to listen to his accent though...

Never take this teacher! I was looking forward to philosophy before this class and I was very disappointed.

Very hard to understand, avoid at ALL costs.

the most boring class i've ever taken, hes not good at explaining things at all, and hes really hard to understand. dont take this class if you have trouble focussing in class- cause it is was by far the longest hour of my life

Very hard to understand b/c his english is so bad. Not good at getting his point accross to his students, een after meeting w/ him I had difficulty understanding what he wanted. Worst I've had at UD.

Thomas H

Post by Thomas H » 30 Jan 2022, 15:06

How is Messay Kebede rated by his students ? PART III

This Professor is so ugly he can turn milk in to yogurt by just looking(staring) at it. His ugliness can even make onion cry.

This man should not be a professor. He says uhm every 30 seconds and cannot explain the simplest concepts. He doesn't emphasize what is important in class as he is too busy stumbling over words. He is clearly confused by his own lecture notes, as he is unable to answer any questions posed in class.

Just awful. For a class that has so much potential to be taught with enthusiasm and excitement, this prof did the complete opposite. Lectures consisted of him reading slides off of a screen and not even bothering to actually help us understand/grasp the content. It felt like he was learning the material for the first time as well. Horrible.

Never take this teacher! I was looking forward to philosophy before this class and I was very disappointed.

Worst prof ever. Cannot maintain class flow and is confused by his own slides because the slides are lazy and full of unimportant text that he will spend hours reading and not test on them. Cannot explain concepts in class, over email or during office hour

WORST PROF EVER HAD. His lectures are boring, his English is extremely poor, slides are disorganized, full of spelling errors and misinformation. Worst class I have ever taken due to this prof. Avoid taking any class with him. He is an incompetent and idiot Professor.

AVOID! He is so unclear about what he is teaching. He never emphasized on what was important . He keeps murmuring to himself and it's so so hard to concentrate.