Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

President Shimales Abdisa will be remembered as Someone Who Revolutionized Ethiopian Agriculture

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Oct 2021, 15:26

Oromia is the backbone of Ethiopia's agricultural production and if someone succeeds in changing Oromian agriculture, then that someone will also certainly change Ethiopia's food production and make it self-sufficient in this regard. Well fed society can also change many other things as consequences.

Those people who are earning money from agriculture will also motivate many others to join in and have their share of the Big Cake.

Just look at the banks, they are the ones, who know where to put their money. If a bank is ready to put its money into your pocket, then you are already a man of high respect. The Governer of the bank didn't come with the delegation to the farming lands of the countryside to just waste his time, he is doing business and knows where the market is.

In this regard I think the credit goes to President Shimales Abdissa of Oromia region, who has already achieved to increase the part of land cultivated in cluster-farming to almost a half of the total in just couple of years. This is a big deal!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: President Shimales Abdisa will be remembered as Someone Who Revolutionized Ethiopian Agriculture

Post by DefendTheTruth » 13 Oct 2021, 15:19

A farmer becoming an investor with operative capital more than 100 million EBIRR.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: President Shimales Abdisa will be remembered as Someone Who Revolutionized Ethiopian Agriculture

Post by DefendTheTruth » 13 Oct 2021, 15:34

Is Dr. Abiy Ahmed using a Doppelgänger? It seemed to me.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 13 Oct 2021, 15:44

Infrastructure, Infrastructure , Infrastructure , and Infrastructure !

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 14 Oct 2021, 15:10

If you didn't believe this is revolutionary, then listen to the opinions expressed by the regional presidents, that of the former PM, His Excellency HMD.

Ethiopian Agricultural Revolution (EAR).

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 14 Oct 2021, 15:23

Development is a peace dividend. You cant pilot a marauding expansionist, neo-menelik amhara agenda and look forward to farm harvests. That said horticulture around finfine had been a long objective of the oromo agenda and as such, short of the pictures taken, your lot has had nothing to do with it.

No one will stop it either in the coming years. That said, i am not sure about your john deere plowed wheat farms. My bet is that, just like the large oil.factories of the amhara region, you will soon find that it is cheaper to import, and your yield wont even cover the variable cost of production. The faith of most import substitution skims that the world over has rejected two decades ago.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 15 Oct 2021, 02:35

gearhead wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 15:23

No one will stop it either in the coming years. That said, i am not sure about your john deere plowed wheat farms. My bet is that, just like the large oil.factories of the amhara region, you will soon find that it is cheaper to import, and your yield wont even cover the variable cost of production. The faith of most import substitution skims that the world over has rejected two decades ago.
geredHead,

I know that the day you ceased to think the way you were programmed to think, for the purpose you were programmed to think, will also be the day you will cease to exist all together.

There is one saying for those who are capable of thinking outside of the framework of programmed thinking and help to guide their way of thinking.

It says something like "you can't avoid to go for a sleep for just fear of what you may going to dream" (ህልም ተፈርቶ ያለእንቅልፍ አይታደርም).

Even if you may fail, still there is no other option than doing the right thing, which is the message.

The Ethiopian Agricultural Revolution (EAR) may face some setbacks at one point in its course, but still there is no other alternative to doing it. It is showing progress on the current course.

If it will going to stumble against the competitors of state subsidized agriculture of other parts of the world, then it is not due to its own blame.

We try to do the right thing, but we can't always guarantee we will always succeed or not going to stumble ourselves.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 15 Oct 2021, 03:41

gearhead wrote:
Development is a peace dividend. You cant pilot a marauding expansionist, neo-menelik amhara agenda and look forward to farm harvests.
Empirical evidence shows otherwise. The quote at the end shows it. 15 Century Oromo expansion and the 19 century Menelik's nation formation is something we can live with.

Oromo p2 is what you call "marauding expansionist"? in this case.

Amhara and others forefathers paid with blood earning to farm the land; that's why it's called "የአፅም እርስት" Ethiopia proper.

So, it's their right to farm and harvest anywhere. That's not to say the present Amhara "kilel" don't posses more rich virgin land than the rest of the country. That's including the vast rich land formerly TPLF robbed & kept for 27 years; now returned. So, you ዘረኞች are wrong to assume Amhara lack resources; to the contrary, Ethiopia is rich in resources.

Having said that, it is not for lack of rich farm land in the Amhara region that the Amhara Ethiopian "marauded" defending its forefather's land against colonizers all over Ethiopia.

Menelk was the leader that kept Ethiopia free of colonialism. We should give credit to the man.

[[.From the time Europeans arrived on American shores, the frontier—the edge territory between white man’s civilization and the untamed natural world—became a shared space of vast, clashing differences that led the U.S. government to authorize over 1,500 wars, attacks and raids on Indians, the most of any country in the world against its Indigenous people. By the close of the Indian Wars in the late 19th century, fewer than 238,000 Indigenous people remained, a sharp decline from the estimated 5 million to 15 million living in North America when Columbus arrived in 1492.]]

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 16 Oct 2021, 14:34

ብትመግበዉ ብትመግበዉ የማይበቀዉ ያዲስ አበባ በዪ።

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 16 Oct 2021, 15:26

Here are some more testimonies of what i already said in my first post under this thread.

Oromia is the backbone of Ethiopian agriculture and other resources and agriculture is the lion's share of Ethiopian economy. President Shimales Abdissa hit right on the spot in this case, it is not yet done but it is with a great step forward to the final stage.

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 23 Oct 2021, 14:19

Zinash with her black dress looked like a gondere stallion at the inaugural! And yes indeed, TPLF was the arch enemy of all horticulture initiatives that have been capitalized since then.
DefendTheTruth wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 02:35
gearhead wrote:

geredHead,

I know that the day you ceased to think the way you were programmed to think, for the purpose you were programmed to think, will also be the day you will cease to exist all together.

There is one saying for those who are capable of thinking outside of the framework of programmed thinking and help to guide their way of thinking.

It says something like "you can't avoid to go for a sleep for just fear of what you may going to dream" (ህልም ተፈርቶ ያለእንቅልፍ አይታደርም).

Even if you may fail, still there is no other option than doing the right thing, which is the message.

The Ethiopian Agricultural Revolution (EAR) may face some setbacks at one point in its course, but still there is no other alternative to doing it. It is showing progress on the current course.

If it will going to stumble against the competitors of state subsidized agriculture of other parts of the world, then it is not due to its own blame.

We try to do the right thing, but we can't always guarantee we will always succeed or not going to stumble ourselves.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Oct 2021, 15:17

I still differ from your view. They say "there is no smoke without a fire". Why did TPLF an arch enemy of horticulture? It is all about strategy and focus of policy.

TPLF didn't see much potential for the end goal of its all along envisaged priority.

ትግራይ እስክትለማ ሌላዉ ክልል ይድማ፣ was the maxim back then. I hope you will not dispute this. If this is the case and the potential of agriculture in Tigray is not so much promising, then the next option is neglect the enterprise as a whole. They, the then power brokers, wouldn't be the major losers anyway, because they just shifted the policy focus, not abandoning all activities, including embezzlement of public funds was also an option. The main losers will be somewhere else.

There is also a saying which goes like ልብ ካዘና እምባ አይገድም። It was not the tear that was in short supply (implementation of a sound horticulture policy) but the empathy for the business and those behind the business itself.

gearhead wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 14:19
Zinash with her black dress looked like a gondere stallion at the inaugural! And yes indeed, TPLF was the arch enemy of all horticulture initiatives that have been capitalized since then.
DefendTheTruth wrote:
gearhead wrote:

geredHead,

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 23 Oct 2021, 16:28

For all the TPLF hullabaloo, you would think that Tigray would have been better off today than 30, 40 or 50 years ago. TPLF hasnt even respected the people of Tigray with an accurate paper analysis of who its foes and enemies are! Rudderless, it dashes from one stash to the next stash, betraying its own people and allies, along the way!

You would know because it formed you the house gallas, to appease amhara noise! Alas, the people of Tigray and Federalist forces are the once paying dearly for it!

ወሸከት ቦታ የለውም!!

DefendTheTruth wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 15:17
I still differ from your view. They say "there is no smoke without a fire". Why did TPLF an arch enemy of horticulture? It is all about strategy and focus of policy.

TPLF didn't see much potential for the end goal of its all along envisaged priority.

ትግራይ እስክትለማ ሌላዉ ክልል ይድማ፣ was the maxim back then. I hope you will not dispute this. If this is the case and the potential of agriculture in Tigray is not so much promising, then the next option is neglect the enterprise as a whole. They, the then power brokers, wouldn't be the major losers anyway, because they just shifted the policy focus, not abandoning all activities, including embezzlement of public funds was also an option. The main losers will be somewhere else.

There is also a saying which goes like ልብ ካዘና እምባ አይገድም። It was not the tear that was in short supply (implementation of a sound horticulture policy) but the empathy for the business and those behind the business itself.

gearhead wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 14:19
DefendTheTruth wrote:
gearhead wrote:

geredHead,

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 23 Oct 2021, 16:41

I am amazed DTT and gearhead could understand each other. For the life of me I have no any clue what gearhead is trying to say. This is not the first time. DTT thinks he was programmed. I however think the programmers failed him.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Oct 2021, 17:12

Sam Ebalalehu wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 16:41
I am amazed DTT and gearhead could understand each other. For the life of me I have no any clue what gearhead is trying to say. This is not the first time. DTT thinks he was programmed. I however think the programmers failed him.
Sam,

I thought he was trying his best to discredit the effort of modernizing Ethiopian Agriculture and implied that it will not reach anywhere. I replied but possible failure is not a cause for not trying to make it.

He then turned around and said the idea was originally that of the TPLF itself, the latter just didn't persue until the end (its idea was plagiarized :lol: :lol: ).

Now he is back to square one, I gave him the opportunity to run around the circle, which is just this and that ethnicity. More can't be expected from him and co.

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 23 Oct 2021, 17:23

If that is the case, DTT, it might be, more likely in fact, gearhead and Educator represent a single soul.