Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Mesob

I oppose and condemn the Eritrean government imposed fake patriarch

Post by Mesob » 13 May 2021, 21:42

I oppose and condemn the government imposed and the fake "election" of the so called "5th Patriarch" of the Eritrean Tewahado Orthodox Church. I stand with His holiness Patriarch Abune Antonius, the legal head of the Eritrean Tewahado Orthodox Church .
I fully support the post by ER commenter "eritrea" below. This illegal government imposed interference in our old and glorious religion further fractures Eritrean unity and seeds more discord. If that was their aim at this juncture when we need to work together, then they have succeeded but the chickens will come hone soon to roost.

eritrea wrote:
13 May 2021, 20:20
According to the Orthodox Church laws, a Patriarch, Priest, Diacon or what ever title there is in between, it is given for life as long as no morally offensive thing have been committed by those who have it.

But here we are, instead of healing differences, repulsive measures that lead to division, anger and powerlessness are chosen.

Last edited by Mesob on 14 May 2021, 02:32, edited 2 times in total.

TesfaNews
Member+

Re: I oppose and condemn the Eritrean government imposed fake patriarch

Post by TesfaNews » 13 May 2021, 21:54

Mesob wrote:
13 May 2021, 21:42
I oppose and condemn the government imposed and the fake "election" of the so called "5th Patriarch" of the Eritrean Tewahado Orthodox Church. I stand with His holiness Patriarch Abune Antonius, the legal head of the Eritrean Tewahado Orthodox Church .
I fully support the post by eritrea below. This illegal government imposed interference in our old and glorious religion further fractures Eritrean unity and seeds more discord. If that was their aim at this juncture when we need to work together, then they have succeeded but the chickens will come hone soon to roost.
eritrea wrote:
13 May 2021, 20:20
According to the Orthodox Church laws, a Patriarch, Priest, Diacon or what ever title there is in between, it is given for life as long as no morally offensive thing have been committed by those who have it.

But here we are, instead of healing differences, repulsive measures that lead to division, anger and powerlessness are chosen.

Abe Abraham

Asmara, 13 May 2021- His Reverend Abune Qerlos has been elected as 5th Patriarch of Eritrea’s Orthodox Tewahdo Church in an election conducted today in Asmara in accordance with the norms and regulations of the Holy Synod and the Church.

Representatives of monasteries, dioceses, administrations, and departments of the Holy Synod as well as representatives of Theological Colleges and virtually representatives of dioceses from abroad participated in the electoral process.

The official consecration of Abune Qerlos will take place on June 13 next month.

Abune Qerlos was Arch-Bishop of Adi-Keik Diocese.

Aba

Re: I oppose and condemn the Eritrean government imposed fake patriarch

Post by Aba » 14 May 2021, 04:07

TesfaNews wrote:
13 May 2021, 21:54
[
[image]htt://shabait.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/E1R24syWUAEpTtO.jpg
[/image]
Abe Abraham

Asmara, 13 May 2021- His Reverend Abune Qerlos has been elected as 5th Patriarch of Eritrea’s Orthodox Tewahdo Church in an election conducted today in Asmara in accordance with the norms and regulations of the Holy Synod and the Church.

Representatives of monasteries, dioceses, administrations, and departments of the Holy Synod as well as representatives of Theological Colleges and virtually representatives of dioceses from abroad participated in the electoral process.

The official consecration of Abune Qerlos will take place on June 13 next month.

Abune Qerlos was Arch-Bishop of Adi-Keik Diocese.

Moron,
You can't replace a Patriarch while he is alive. That's the law. You can, however, replace a Tembienai tyrant and overthrow him whenever possible though

Tigrawai Charlie: Higdef appoints a Tigrawai as 5th Patriarch of Eritrean OrthodoxChurch