Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
OPFist
Member+

The Best Way of Struggle for the OLF Now: Takeover Prosperity Party!

Post by OPFist » 12 May 2021, 07:22

Smartly, the OLF used to struggle for liberation of its people through three approachs: fighting as rebel front, acting as opposition legally and hijacking the ruling party. It used to emphasize one approach over the others based on the convenience of the situations. I think that at the moment the third approach is more feasible and fruitful than the other two. That is why infiltrating, hijacking and instrumentalizing the ruling OPP/EPP is the best option. All Oromo republicans with the OLF mindset should be members of the OPP/EPP and takeover the central power in Finfinne palace, slowly replacing the unfaithful prosperitans lead by Dr. Abiy Ahmed. No need of fighting as rebel or acting as opposition, but better to occupy the ruling OPP in particular and EPP in general. Go go the smart OLF!
Read more: https://fayyisoromia.wordpress.com/2020 ... -ethiopia/

OPFist
Member+

Re: The Best Way of Struggle for the OLF Now: Takeover Prosperity Party!

Post by OPFist » 12 May 2021, 08:11

I am one of the few Oromo, who used to advocate for the OLF accept Ethiopia and rule, instead of concentrating on only Oromia. I wrote some articles in support of it; I tried to indicate that the OLF is a way forward for the troubled Ethiopia (Great Oromia). I noted that Dr. Negasso’s move as he led the Ethiopianist party (UDJ = Andinet) was not backward, but forward, as the party he joined and the alliance he helped build, Medrek, were promoters of genuine federation in Ethiopia. The OLF (mindset of all Oromo nationalists) is now moving in two parallel ways to take responsibility of leading Ethiopia after election 2021: as prosperitans in EPP and as republicans in ADF (Alliance of the OLF, ONLF, Agaw, Sidama, Afar, Mocha, Qimant, Gambella, Benishangul, Kaffa… etc), which was formed recently. Which wing of the OLF (ptosperitan EPP or republican ADF) can win, is already determined. As far as the election is concerned, EPP already manipulated and rigged the result. ADF can have chance to win not election way but as rebel using OLA (Oromo Liberation Army). I think the more feasible way for the OLF is to takeover EPP.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 12 May 2021, 12:04

In one of my articles, I indicated why Medrek (the previous coalition forged by OLFites in form of OFC) could be good for the Oromo to achieve our mid-goal in contrast to AFD, which was good to arrive at the end-goal, taking Medrek as a promoter of language-based federation. Even I went further and exalted Medrek’s Ethiopia with autonomous national areas including Oromia’s autonomy as a prototype for the future African federation. I took Medrek as a good compromise alliance, next to AFD, which really acted against the “divide and rule” game of the TPLF. For that reason, I even recommended Birtukan “Mandela” to be formal chairperson of Medrek. Were these all “naive” assertions from me?

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 12 May 2021, 13:02

Oromo nation’s political interest is crystal clear: move from the status of domination towards realization of full national freedom. Any measure to be taken in supporting this move should be accepted by Oromo nationalists. The question now important was: couldn’t we consider that Medrek’s ambitions and actions did promote this liberation movement? I was asking this question after following Medrek’s meetings at home and in Diaspora for many years. As I repeatedly mentioned, the rhetoric of individuals and parties in Ethiopia regarding democracy, freedom, justice, development, peace, equality, prosperity, etc. is not important for Oromo people to judge who these forces are. These values are important, and no one denies them, even members of the TPLF talked about such moral virtues.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 12 May 2021, 14:42

The only important value to be taken by the Oromo as a factor to judge these politicians is their position on right of nations to self-determination, including independence and/or integration. It is clear that TPLF talked this virtue, but walked against it. Unfortunately, Medrek was not even talking about it, let alone walking it. I know OFC has got clear position on achieving and promoting Oromia’s autonomy in Ethiopian context. But, Medrek leaders talked ambiguously in all the meetings they held, and they explicitly told us in a meeting they held once in Washington that there was no clear agreement between member parties of Medrek on the type of federation they want to forge, if they get government position.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 12 May 2021, 15:36

I personally think that the only major difference among opposition parties in Ethiopia is their position on type of federal structure. There are two types of federalists: the ethno-federalists, who believe in right of Oromia and other national areas to be autonomous, and the ethio-federalists, who want to dismantle Oromia with a pretext of fostering geography-based federation. Parties like ECS (Ezema) are clearly geo-federalists. Thanks to Waaqa, these parties do no more brag about bringing back a unitary state with only one official language (Amharic). Woyane’s Eprdf was at least ideologically ethno-federalist even though it was implementing a revolutionary centralism, through which it was promoting Tigean hegemony.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 May 2021, 15:52

OPFist wrote:
12 May 2021, 07:22

Smartly, the OLF used to struggle for liberation of its people through three approachs: fighting as rebel front, acting as opposition legally and hijacking the ruling party. It used to emphasize one approach over the others based on the convenience of the situations. I think that at the moment the third approach is more feasible and fruitful than the other two. That is why infiltrating, hijacking and instrumentalizing the ruling OPP/EPP is the best option. All Oromo republicans with the OLF mindset should be members of the OPP/EPP and takeover the central power in Finfinne palace, slowly replacing the unfaithful prosperitans lead by Dr. Abiy Ahmed. No need of fighting as rebel or acting as opposition, but better to occupy the ruling OPP in particular and EPP in general. Go go the smart OLF!
Read more: https://fayyisoromia.wordpress.com/2020 ... -ethiopia/
መጫና ቱለማ የልማት መህበርን እንዳረጋችዉት?

ኦፌኮን እንዳረጋችዉት?

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 12 May 2021, 17:27

According to explanation given by Medrek leaders, it seemed that some member parties insisted on its anti-ethnic federation position and with that, they revealed their desire to dismantle Oromia. Dr. Negasso also showed clearly his political development as he tried to describe how bad it was for Oromo from Borana to come to Finfinne, and for Amhara from Debre-berihan to go to Bahir-Dar in order to settle their court cases. His explanation implies that he was ready to accept the division of Gadaa Oromia. Actually, only an  Oromo with high political confidence dare to take this position. I believe that an independent Gadaa Oromia was our goal of 1960s as we had low confidence and sow ourselves as minority at periphery; now, since the 1990s, our goal seems to be federal union in a form of ethnic federation for we already developed intermediate confidence due to our hitherto victories; of course an integrated Ethiopia (an integrative Great Oromia) will be our goal of 2020s, when we will have high confidence in ourselves.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 12 May 2021, 19:53

OPFist wrote:
12 May 2021, 15:36
I personally think that the only major difference among opposition parties in Ethiopia is their position on type of federal structure. There are two types of federalists: the ethno-federalists, who believe in right of Oromia and other national areas to be autonomous, and the ethio-federalists, who want to dismantle Oromia with a pretext of fostering geography-based federation. Parties like ECS (Ezema) are clearly geo-federalists. Thanks to Waaqa, these parties do no more brag about bringing back a unitary state with only one official language (Amharic). Woyane’s Eprdf was at least ideologically ethno-federalist even though it was implementing a revolutionary centralism, through which it was promoting Tigean hegemony.
OPFist,
Is your statement “Thanks to Waaqa, these parties do no more brag about bringing back a unitary state with only one official language (Amharic)” would mean your silencer or how sure are you to endorse it with confidence? Isn’t it within the scope of what we framed hybrid’s tactic to hit and run which conversely mean pause until favorable environment is created.

Also don’t boldly bring MEDREC on board, which is only pace maker to any ruling party. Its deeds so far, say for example, under EPRDF and its legacy PP proves that.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 12 May 2021, 22:09

Interesting is also to observe that the known anti-ethnic scholars supporting this move of Medrek. Such scholars thought that with their anti-ethnic rhetoric they fought against the TPLF. They still do not get the fact that ethno-federation is not only the will and wish of TPLF, but also that of some Oromo nationalists and other oppressed peoples. Specially clear is that Amhara nationalists hiding behind Ethiopiawinet do this move against Oromo’s right to self-administration. Trying to discredit ethnic-federation in favor of their alternative geo-federation is simply put a move against other people’s political will. Actually, both types of federations can serve Oromo’s interest as long as rule of the game will be democracy and justice.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 12 May 2021, 22:52

So, Medrek seemed not to be an alliance to promote Oromia’s autonomy in Ethiopian context, which could be a good compromise solution for the conflict between Amhara nationalists, who hide behind the mask of Ethiopian nationalism and Oromo nationalists, who fought for Oromia’s liberation. Medrek seemed to be an alliance of both ethno-federalists and ethio-federalists against TPLF just to get rid of the regime without having common vision regarding federal arrangement. How long can such alliance of contradictory ideologies hold together was a big challenge they needed to overcome; at last UDJ (the main ethio-federalist) left the alliance. Public verdict in the two types of federation could have been a remedy.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 02:25

Surprisingly, I have heard Jawar Mohammed adoring this alliance even though the position of the alliance was not same to his position on the should-be compromise solution. According to his presentation on “Ethiopian and Horn of African conference”, which took place in Virginia, he was advocate of true “ethnic-federation” as moderate/liberal position between the two extreme poles of the right-extremist “reactionary Ethio-nationalists”, who want to dismantle Oromia and the left-extremist “revolutionary or radical Ethno-nationalists”, who want to dismember Ethiopia. Was he convonced by the referendum rhetoric given by Medrek leaders?

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 05:03

Medrek leaders said that the discussion among member parties on federal structure would go on and if they would not have any consensus, they would go for verdict of the public. If they are as such democrats to go for referendum to determine the type of federation we want to have, why couldn’t they be so democratic to accept also the right of nations to decide on the type of sovereignty they want to have (e.g Oromia’s autonomy within Ethiopian union vs. Oromia’s independence without a union) per referendum?

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 07:38

It seems that Habesha politicians in Medrek were playing very smart politics. They used method of elites’ consensus to make Oromo nationalists in OFC accept Ethiopian unity unconditionally (without Oromo public verdict) and they wanted to use public referendum to decide on structure of federation. It seems that Oromo nationalists agreed to the game. Fair agreement would have actually been either to use consensus in both decision-making processes or to apply referendum in both cases. Looking at the harmless move of Oromo politicians in Medrek, it is not surprising that we read on Habesha websites how fair Oromo elites like Dr. Negasso and Obbo Bulcha were.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 08:56

When we do observe sentiment of the geo-federalists, who were claiming that “Ethiopiawinet has won” and were declaring that “ethno-nationalism was loosing” as Medrek had come forward, we just can say it was a wake-up call for Oromo nationalists to check their position. No wonder that Oromo grass-root was so cautious in supporting the move of Medrek against Article-39 and so skeptical to accept its position against the right of nations to self-determination, including independence and integration. Medrek people should not be surprised if they see Oromo mass voting for EPP of Dr. Abiy rather than for ADF in the coming “election”. The principle “a known devil is better than unknown angle” can prevail.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 09:29

It would have been better if Medrek leaders came out explicitly supporting true ethno-federation and get support of all Oromo, Tigrai, Somali, Afar, Southern, Benishangul and Gambella, even if the majority of Amharas are against such federal arrangement. Now, they want to appease the anti-ethno-federation Amharas and at the same time to appeal to the pro-ethno-federation others – an approach which actually may not be helpful and productive.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 10:57

As I tried to describe above, the rhetoric about only buzz words like freedom, democracy and justice is not sufficient. The important issue, which actually most politicians try to evade, is the issue of federal structure. Oromo federalists in OFC seem to be compelled or convinced to forge Oromia’s autonomy within Ethiopian unity, whereas specially Amhara elites are doing every thing possible to get rid of Oromia, because they fear that Oromo elites are not for unity per se.

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 12:37

It is fact that the hitherto so called Ethiopian unity was built partly by the sacrifice of known Oromo military men and politicians. Starting from Oromo “migration” in 16th century, through the “democratic” election of Ras Michael-I in Abyssinia in 1877, till the end of Mengistu regime in 1991, Oromo politicians played big roles in forming and maintaining present shape of the country. The convinced pro-unity Oromo nationalists believe that even the so called Habeshas (Amharas and Tigarus) are biologically either Oromo or Agaw, nothing else, but differ only in speaking specific other language called Amharinya or Tigrinya. With this theory, they try to justify their pro-unity position. But it is absurd that now at this particular post modern 21st century, Habesha politicians try to dumb Oromo and other oppressed nations by being represented in politics of the country as “pan-Ethiopian parties” like ECS, instead of showing themselves honestly as Amharas or Tegarus. Oromo nationalists say: “stop to hide behind the name Ethiopia and come as Habesha (Amhara or Tegaru), then we can make genuine alliance against the dictators.” I hoped that Habesha elites, in general, and Amhara politicians, in particular, will gradually start to take off their masks (the name Ethiopia), and approach the Oromo people being who they really are, as Amhara and/or Tigaru so that we can build common home called Ethiopia or Great Oromia or Kushland. The move of Tegaru nationalists to put on the masks, by learning from their Amhara friends, as well as the ever increasing rhetoric and song of the TPLF about Ethiopiawinet also did not change the reality.
Last edited by OPFist on 13 May 2021, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.

AbebeB
Member+

Post by AbebeB » 13 May 2021, 14:28

OPFist wrote:
13 May 2021, 12:37
It is fact that the hitherto so called Ethiopian unity was built partly by the sacrifice of known Oromo military men and politicians. Starting from Oromo “migration” in 16th century, through the “democratic” election of Ras Michael-I in Abyssinia in 1877, till the end of Mengistu regime in 1991, Oromo politicians played big roles in forming and maintaining present shape of the country. The convinced pro-unity Oromo nationalists believe that even the so called Habeshas (Amharas and Tigarus) are biologically either Oromo or Agaw, nothing else, but differ only in speaking specific other language called Amharinya or Tigrinya. With this theory, they try to justify their pro-unity position. But it is absurd that now at this particular post modern 21st century, Habesha politicians try to dumb Oromo and other oppressed nations by being represented in politics of the country as “pan-Ethiopian parties” like ECS, instead of showing themselves honestly as Amharas or Tegarus. Oromo nationalists say: “stop to hide behind the name Ethiopia and come as Habesha (Amhara or Tegaru), then we can make genuine alliance against the dictators.” I hoped that Habesha elites, in general, and Amhara politicians, in particular, will gradually start to take off their masks (the name Ethiopia), and approach the Oromo people being who they really are, as Amhara and/or Tigaru so that we can build common home called Ethiopia or Great Oromia or Kushland. The move of Tegaru nationalists to put on the masks, by learning from their Amhara friends, as well as the ever increasing rhetoric and song of the TPLF about Ethiopiawinet also
OPFist,
Why you appear to be like linseed? You may know that it is hard to keep linseed in a package because it carries on trying to protrude in any open leakage it gets. How come you tacitly endorse as if there existed Amhara genealogy and distort hebsha/Tigraway (Agazian, as they like to call them selves) to be biologically linked with natives of the HoA? The latter descended from Habish (Yemneni, NB: the late Zenawi on one of the then Libya TV). You may need to refer to plenty evidences (chronicles, scripture, archaeological findings etc) sourced by world class authors/historians presumed ethical to their profession).

"The convinced pro-unity Oromo nationalists believe that even the so called Habeshas (Amharas and Tigarus) are biologically either Oromo or Agaw, nothing else, but differ only in speaking specific other language called Amharinya or Tigrinya. With this theory, ... politics of the country as “pan-Ethiopian parties” like ECS, instead of showing themselves honestly as Amharas or Tegarus."

OPFist
Member+

Post by OPFist » 13 May 2021, 15:20

In the future political landscape of the country, either elites of both Habesha nations, specially Amhara elites, will learn to be honest and come up showing their true nature or the Oromo nationalists will learn to wear the mask called Ethiopia and play the same game played by Habesha elites. The million dollar question was: can Oromo liberation forces learn to wear this mask (name of Ethiopia), which is accepted and adored by Western world in order to promote Oromo cause they are fighting for? We have seen how TPLF put on the mask and got huge support of their masters in the West. The choice which the Western protectorates of the country give to Oromo politicians seemed to be either to wear the mask and be promoted, or to stay honest and be “punished” by power players of the globe.