Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

kerenite

Re: Sudan declines UAE initiative on border dispute with Ethiopia

Post by kerenite » 11 May 2021, 13:40

Hi!

Let me share with you and others what annoyed the sudanese vis-a-vis the emirates.

According to a sudanese diplomat who requested to remain anonym he disclosed that the Emirates initiative was to divide THE ALFASHGA area into 2, half goes to sudan and the other half to ethiopia. The ethios looked at it positively.

But....not the sudanese:

The sudanese authorities are emphasizing that according to the 1902 treaty, alfashga which then was abyssinian territory was awarded to sudan and in return BENI SHENGUL which belonged to sudan then was awarded to abyssinia.

As a result, the sudanese response to the emirates is, if we have to annulate the 1902 treaty be it.

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 11 May 2021, 13:55

ወይ መቀደድ .... ወይ መተርተር :lol: የታባቴ ሄጄ ልፈንዳ አለች አልሙዬ ለቆታ :: እስኪ ማስረጃ አቅርብል 1902 ስምምነት አይተ አጋማዊ
kerenite wrote:
11 May 2021, 13:40
Hi!

Let me share with you and others what annoyed the sudanese vis-a-vis the emirates.

According to a sudanese diplomat who requested to remain anonym he disclosed that the Emirates initiative was to divide THE ALFASHGA area into 2, half goes to sudan and the other half to ethiopia. The ethios looked at it positively.

But....not the sudanese:

The sudanese authorities are emphasizing that according to the 1902 treaty, alfashga which then was abyssinian territory was awarded to sudan and in return BENI SHENGUL which belonged to sudan then was awarded to abyssinia.

As a result, the sudanese response to the emirates is, if we have to annulate the 1902 treaty be it.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 12 May 2021, 13:38

Fed_Up wrote:
11 May 2021, 13:55
ወይ መቀደድ .... ወይ መተርተር :lol: የታባቴ ሄጄ ልፈንዳ አለች አልሙዬ ለቆታ :: እስኪ ማስረጃ አቅርብል 1902 ስምምነት አይተ አጋማዊ
kerenite wrote:
11 May 2021, 13:40
Hi!

But....not the sudanese:

Wedi ጦርሰራዊት... tell me መንዩ ዓጋመ?

Due to time constraints while today is the last day of the Holly month of romadan (Aadehu Aleyna jemien), I won't be able to play the childish game with you.

But hey! Wedi torserawit, why the term "shiritam" is omitted in your latest post? I fail to see it and am worried... Lol

Back to Qumneger...

EID MUBARAK.. KULU AAM WEANTUM BIKHEIR..ALAHUMMA ANSUR UMMETAK...ALLAHUMMA AMEEN.... YA RAB.