Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
sarcasm

TIGRAYANS REPATRIATED FROM SAUDI ARABIA KEPT IN DETENTION, POLICE UNWILLING TO COMMENT (Addis Standard)

Post by sarcasm » 10 May 2021, 20:13

Addis Abeba May 10, 2021 – Among the ethnic Tigryans who experienced arbitrary arrest are refugees who were repatriated from Saudi Arabia on April 5, 2021. The returnees were jailed in Saudi Arabia and welcomed to Addis Ababa with yet another arrest. They told Addis Standard, “We were detained without charge after being arrested by Addis Abeba police later we were released on bail.”

Elias (name changed for security reasons) told Addis Standard “I was having coffee with my friends when they took me.” He detailed the events that occurred on April 10, 2021 where he and his friends who’d recently returned from Saudi Arabia after two years were having coffee in Mercato’s Teklehaimanot square in the capital Addis Abeba. “The police approached us and asked to see our IDs then we were taken to ‘amistegna’ police station.”

According to Elias, the police then explained to them that the reason for their arrest was the violation of Covid-19 preventive measures. Elias continued describing the conditions of his arrest by recalling being taken to Gelan police station. “After they took us and we reached Gelan, it became clear that we were arrested because of our ethnic identity. All of the inmates were Tegaru.”

Continue reading

Tog Wajale E.R.
Member+

Re: TIGRAYANS REPATRIATED FROM SAUDI ARABIA KEPT IN DETENTION, POLICE UNWILLING TO COMMENT (Addis Standard)

Post by Tog Wajale E.R. » 10 May 2021, 20:27

We Put The Dedebit Woorgach Agga*me Tigrayian Back To Stone Ages.

Bissbiss Shettattam Agga*me Mighty Amara People Will Rule Tigrai Next 1000 Years To Come. Go Figure Bissbiss Shettattam Agga*mes.
We Are Not Done Yet Until We Make Tigrai Like Aleppo Syria. Go Figure.

Digital Weyane
Member+

Re: TIGRAYANS REPATRIATED FROM SAUDI ARABIA KEPT IN DETENTION, POLICE UNWILLING TO COMMENT (Addis Standard)

Post by Digital Weyane » 10 May 2021, 20:49

Two years ago when I was the only Tigraway voice for the voiceless one million Tegaru refugees languishing in Yemen and Saudi Arabia prisons, the junta Sarcasm was saying the refugees are from India and Bangladesh who learned to speak Tigrigna. But today he is admitting that the refugees are from Tigray. Why? ዋይ ዋይ ዋይ ዋይ :roll: :roll:
Please wait, video is loading...

Lakeshore

Post by Lakeshore » 10 May 2021, 21:22

They should be in detention, it is legal. they denounce their Ethiopian citizenship and applied for refuge means they voluntary denounce it. Ethiopianism is not a jacket you put it when you feel cold and take it off when yo feel hot. Once yo denounce the Ethiopian government has full write to review their status, whether they are fit to be integrated immediately or take some civic classes and community work or pay fine and accepted or get denied.

Yes, they will be Ethiopian nationals but it is their choice to choose where to live and change their citizenship like most Agames did so yo should apply for yellow card in order to get the privileges' of Ethiopian citizenship. The Agame junta did that, Ethiopian nationals not to have dual citizenship as if they own the country. However, i do not under stand your beef here, after all Agames and Galas like prisons, what is supposed to be the prison? you do not work there and east for free. God is very quick to punish this useless Agame peoples halleluiah!