TesfaNews
Member+

Tribalism in [deleted] (Ho-mo-genous) Somalia

Post by TesfaNews » 02 May 2021, 23:25

Why is [deleted] deleted? H!O!M!OGENOUS

Zack

Re: Tribalism in [deleted] (Ho-mo-genous) Somalia

Post by Zack » 03 May 2021, 01:11

Somalis still have allot of tribes different interest regional instersr. Somalis are not like the small kebessa.

Dr Zackovich

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 03 May 2021, 10:45

Somalis are one tribe, but they are segmented into various clan groupings.

However, the current issues in Somalia have nothing to do with tribalism/clannisim or clan interests.

Apart from the north, where people are obsessed with clanism, there's no clan game whatsoever in the rest of Somalia. This is a fact, not an opinion of mine.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 03 May 2021, 17:27

Let me add that clanism in Somalia, and among Somalis in general, is more a tool exploited by individuals motivated by their own selfish gains than a fight/confrontation/challenge/opposition/contest/competition between clans, or loyalty to one's own.

if you line up, let's say 10 Somalis, each one from a different clan. No one can tell who is from which clan - impossible. And I don't mean for foreigners. I mean it's impossible for Somalis themselves to tell who is from which clan!

Not only are Somalis one ho.mogeneous group, but also, if I'm not mistaken, Somalia is the only country in Africa that has been named after the ethnicity of its population.

Blueshift

Post by Blueshift » 03 May 2021, 18:11

Somali man,

Even when you have the same clan, the regional location can serve as a power competition within the same clan. Goodness, sometimes it happens even between siblings. President Trump and his siblings had family feud because of financial competition. Correct me, but Somali presidents such as Syad Barre (Somali land) and even formajo may have taken advantage using some artificial divide. The whole Africa suffers from this ignorance. Some idiots would sell their own siblings for financial gain. Even the West is not immune from that.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 03 May 2021, 18:47

Blueshift wrote:
03 May 2021, 18:11
Somali man,

Even when you have the same clan, the regional location can serve as a power competition within the same clan. Goodness, sometimes it happens even between siblings. President Trump and his siblings had family feud because of financial competition. Correct me, but Somali presidents such as Syad Barre (Somali land) and even formajo may have taken advantage using some artificial divide. The whole Africa suffers from this ignorance. Some idiots would sell their own siblings for financial gain. Even the West is not immune from that.

I was explaining to others who might have thought that different clans were fighting against each other in Somalia.

I see you understand well the trouble in Somalia, which, as you've explained, is not an isolated one.

I've got to admit, by-the-way, that I fail to understand what you mean by the following:

"Correct me, but Somali presidents such as Syad Barre (Somali land) and even formajo may have taken advantage using some artificial divide."

Blueshift

Post by Blueshift » 03 May 2021, 19:02

Somali man,

I have to admit that I am not that much familiar with Somalia. But, from what I heard, Syad was not kind to the people of Somali Land. Like I said, I don't know much, but you perhaps can explain what kind of civil war happened in Somalia and what led to his disposal at the very end. Formajo, I think there was a documentary here that claimed where Formajo gets most of his support. BTW, I have to admit, in Eritrea even among the highlanders there is a lot of division among the people. Isayas support mainly comes from the centeral area. The military is controlled from the same area too. The lowland Eritreans whose base was mostly Jebha, you hardly hear anything from them. It is an African phenomena. I don't expect any of that to change in any part of Africa. I guess, evolution has to take its own path.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 03 May 2021, 20:43

I'm sorry, I won't be able to summarise what has led to the fall of Siad Barre, the consequent civil war, and the protracted chaos in Somalia in a few lines, as a few people have already attempted to write on this, including a Somali guy who did his phd thesis on this same topic at Oxford University, yet their work has been either flawed, incomplete, or full of bias. This is a quite complex issue and the involving factors are innumerable!

No, Siad Barre was not unkind to the people from north more than any other Somali. On the contrary, in his government, there were more people from north than from any other part of Somalia. They had more ministers than any other clan. Their greed led them to envy his post and finally pushed them to have a go with him (Barre) in vain. Human being is never fully satisfied. Even God says in the Qur'an, "If human being were given two rivers full of gold, they would have sought a third one"!

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 04 May 2021, 09:06

Blueshift wrote:
03 May 2021, 19:02
Somali man,

I have to admit that I am not that much familiar with Somalia. But, from what I heard, Syad was not kind to the people of Somali Land. Like I said, I don't know much, but you perhaps can explain what kind of civil war happened in Somalia and what led to his disposal at the very end. Formajo, I think there was a documentary here that claimed where Formajo gets most of his support. BTW, I have to admit, in Eritrea even among the highlanders there is a lot of division among the people. Isayas support mainly comes from the centeral area. The military is controlled from the same area too. The lowland Eritreans whose base was mostly Jebha, you hardly hear anything from them. It is an African phenomena. I don't expect any of that to change in any part of Africa. I guess, evolution has to take its own path.

Formajo, I think there was a documentary here that claimed where Formajo gets most of his support.

Mr. Blueshift,

Framajo's support is not tribal or clannish, but the fact that he's the best among the worst. In other words, he's the best of the bad bunch! All of the current presidential candidates, including himself, are people with the least qualities for this post, as no one in their right mind would even trust most of them to herd a bunch of goats for them, leave alone running a country!

Blueshift

Post by Blueshift » 04 May 2021, 16:40

Somali man,

Somalians are very brave and bright. Most of the time, they are the ones who dare to make a lot sound to defend the black man. All Somalia has to do is find the right one. But, I do not expect Somalia to give the chance even if that persons showed up. The same in Eritrea. Africa is backward. After Africa started selling its people to the Portuguese missionaries back in the 15th century, things have gotten worse and worse for the black man.