Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Welfare Warfare: LBJ’s Racist Legacy of Destroying “Black” Families

Post by teodroseIII » 23 Feb 2021, 11:26

The more time passes, the more I understand the wisdom of my father and the source of his determination to make it on his own terms. It was not always this way; during my youth I rebelled against everything my dad did and thought he was a closed-minded conservative who was being brainwashed by Republicanism. Two decades after his passing from lung cancer, I see my father all together differently; I recognize him for being the true hero that he was because he chose self-empowerment over enslavement.

We used to duke it out all the time in the back of his taxi; as much as I hate to admit it now, he was a dedicated listener of Rush Limbaugh and would torture me in his cab by making me listen to the racist bloviator who took his last breath a couple of days ago. During commercial breaks, we would declare war on each other and engage in the blood sport of politics as he drove around in Washington, DC. He taught me the value of being impeccable; one false fact or a a misstatement on my part would lead to instant dismissal of all my other assertions...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/lbj-racist-leg ... -families/

Noble Amhara

Re: Welfare Warfare: LBJ’s Racist Legacy of Destroying “Black” Families

Post by Noble Amhara » 23 Feb 2021, 14:05

Gullible minion of the west and agames you don’t know sh!t

experts

Post by experts » 24 Feb 2021, 10:18

Nice article and am glad you came around. May God bless your dad's soul. Recently I have noticed people in general and of course the evil media, personalities and gangs are all using the word "Racist" to anyone , anything and everyone they don't agree with on any issue. So sad.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 24 Feb 2021, 12:38

The collective nucleus black family during the Civil right movement used black churches to propell MLK into national stage and made a significant change in America's politcs. That generation was.poor but very articulate and cohesive at the same time. LBJ "fight " against poverty has done irreparable damages to black communities by chasing away black man from their families. Instade of fortifying the nucleus family his policy destroyed it. Really sad.