Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum

eden
Member+

Re: Eritrean activist breaks down President Isayas the man and the “ill system” he built to Ethiopian audience

Post by eden » 07 Feb 2021, 07:57

This is what is needed for good people to people relations like it’s supposed to be. Many Ethiopian lack understanding of Eritrea people and rulers.

Wedi
Member+

Re: Eritrean activist breaks down President Isayas the man and the “ill system” he built to Ethiopian audience

Post by Wedi » 07 Feb 2021, 09:31

eden wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 07:57
This is what is needed for good people to people relations like it’s supposed to be. Many Ethiopian lack understanding of Eritrea people and rulers.
eden, stop calling them Ethiopians, they are not!! :P :P

These are all anti-Amhara groups of Galla and Anti-Eritrea and Pro TPLF Junta women.

This Eritrean wonan called Selam endorsed the "the Genocide on Amhara by using the code word 'Neftegna'" ..
The irony is that these two anti Amhara group use Amharic language of Amhara people who they want to eliminate on the face of the earth to communicate with each other , hahahahahha

"እኛም ነቅተናል፣ ጉድጓድ ምሰናለ' አለች አሉ .... እኛም ነቄ ነን!!

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 07 Feb 2021, 19:00

Wedi,

I think you have a point although I wish you avoid using offensive terms yourself.

I am not comfortable with folks using offensive terms or code words that add to misunderstandings among people that live together for ages. It really bleeds my heart. Her great assessment of President Isayas and his sick system is what I was attracted to as she articulated it like no one else and I wanted to share that. It’s unfortunate she used that term and you did call her out on that. I wish I could cut that part out but many activists do use it which is tragic to me and it undermines their main messages.

Asmara

Post by Asmara » 07 Feb 2021, 19:20

An Eritrean woman by birth who calls Meles Zenewi the great leader (ታላቁ መሪ) - the same leader who deported 90K Eritreans mercilessly just because they happen to have a different eye colour from the rest of Ethiopians? She can label Isaias with whatever name she wants, she can analyse him however she wants, but supporting TPLF at this juncture puts her motives under big question mark. I don't see her differently from the likes of Amanue Eyassu.

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 07 Feb 2021, 19:30

eden, "Neftegn" is a coded world for Amhara and being labeled "Neftegn", many Amharas are being slaughtered in Oromia region and other parts of Ethiopia on daily basis.

To hear the same coded word "Neftegn" from a woman who call her self "Eritrean" is shocking to me. On top of that she is appreciative and encouraging the other woman to use that code word "Neftegn" on daily basis is shocking.

I was laughing on her foolishness and on her amateurishness when she try to cover the use of that code word and calling Isaias is "Neftegn" . Only f00ls call Isaias is "Neftegn".

Anyway, it is a good lesson for me!!

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 08 Feb 2021, 14:39

Believe me, I know where you coming from. I see smart ER forumers using this offensive and dangerous term without realizing they are inflicting pain just like you or noble amara or kibramlak do by using counter terms. It’s saddening.

I was shocked by how much depth She has discussing Eritrea and yet how shallow her understanding of Ethiopian internal politics. She clearly failed to see how her language is received. This may not be just her.

Many Eritrean elites have prejudiced view of Amara. Even the HGDEF followers are the same, they just hide it because it’s opportunistic the same way you are opportunistic by standing with Eritrea the regime. We live in an absurd world.

I think she will change her mind as she seems to believe in reason and humanity unlike the HGDEF mendef follower that’s dead set against reason.

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 08 Feb 2021, 15:20

Wedi wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 19:30
eden, "Neftegn" is a coded world for Amhara and being labeled "Neftegn", many Amharas are being slaughtered in Oromia region and other parts of Ethiopia on daily basis.

To hear the same coded word "Neftegn" from a woman who call her self "Eritrean" is shocking to me. On top of that she is appreciative and encouraging the other woman to use that code word "Neftegn" on daily basis is shocking.

I was laughing on her foolishness and on her amateurishness when she try to cover the use of that code word and calling Isaias is "Neftegn" . Only f00ls call Isaias is "Neftegn".

Anyway, it is a good lesson for me!!
Wedi,

She also called Eritrean kids as mentally ill; admitted and embarrassed of their "brutality" and "looting" behavior towards Tigrayans; that surprised me, coming from an Eritrean; even I don't think they're as ill as TPLF kids? I need more evidence. For her, by contrast, TPLF kids must be balanced.

She has not shown any anger or complaints of the actions taken towards Eritrea historically by TPLF, letting it scot free. On the other hand, after this military incident, more Ethiopians have upgraded their thinking towards Eritrean government, she remained the same; she is supposed to be part of Eritrean opposition born and raised in Ethiopia. Why is that?

I've seen this woman interviewing OLFites and similar characters in the past and agreeing more or less in their "ethnic hatreds" but, didn't think she has this much negative feeling towards Eritrea itself.

One may not appreciate HGDEF's "democratic" practices but, they aren't accused of creating ethnic polarization among their people. Further more, they opposed the "ethnic" federation constitution of Ethiopia from the beginning; in other words, Isias knew "ethnic federation" is an evil system that takes countries to no return from the get go; he advised TPLF not to do that; they didn't listen because they were opportunists. So, we need to give credit where credit is due; this woman don't.

The other thing that amazed me was, she accepted that Eritrean opposition is practically non existent. It's like making her kinds as few lone individual fighters for "democracy" of some sort.

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 08 Feb 2021, 19:57

eden, Selam's political understanding is very shallow. She said I supported Eritrea's self determination and she also said it would be a double standard not to support Oromo's self determination. Theoretically she is right but the way she tried to compare the two things were wrong. Eritrea is multi-ethnics country and Oromia is a single ethnic community. Spporting any community's struggle for justice, equality and democracy is one thing and supporting one community for self determination is another thing.

Does she supports the self determination of the Eritrea's 9 ethnics groups if they demand for it? I think her political Ideology is very similar with TPLF. We have heard many times and read in books that TPLF accused of EPLF as "undemocratic" organization because of EPLF’s refusal to recognise the right of its own nationalities. Here is the irony. TPLF itself doesn't recognise the various ethnics groups that exist in Tigray like Irob, Afar, Kunama and others! TPLF wants all Ethnic groups living in Tigray to be called "Tigrayans" and on the contrary TPLF doesn't want all Ethnics in Eritrea to be called Eritrians. Do you see the paradox of TPLF?

I know why TPLF was doing this. TPLF wanted to divide Eritrea along Ethnic lines and then to destroy Eritrea as they did to Ethiopia. This is where Iasias Afewerki outsmarted TPLF and its hidden and evil missions! :|

simbe11

Post by simbe11 » 08 Feb 2021, 20:21

Hating Isayas does not equate supporting TPLF.
I hate Isayas so much. But TPLF is the cancer of Ethiopia and east Africa in general.
Two negatives are positive in math only.
The one thing I heard is that the presence of Eritrean soldiers. What about all those missiles fired towards Asmara? What about the aversion of genocide in Humera?
A reasonable person would mention all these before questioning political correctness of soldiers presence!!!!

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 08 Feb 2021, 21:20

Dawi wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 15:20
She is more of TPLF and Tigrayans than Eritreans. I do not know how she called herself "Eritrean!!".

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 08 Feb 2021, 21:41

eden wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 21:50
Can I be included to have the nice barks after overcoming the stress from all those missiles fired towards Eritrea and Gondar?